Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 10:42 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Another tool that thinks government creates jobs..

btw, the House has passed numerous "Jobs bills", the Democratic Senate keeps killing them...
No matter how many times you say it, it won't soak in.

I'm a Repub and I'm not obsessed with abortion. I am, however, obsessed with stupid, like Democrats and Sandra Floook. Dems are the idiots who keep screeching about their bodies. As far as I'm concerned, they can all get abortions. In a generation, problem solved!

Leave it to idiotic dems to squall about Sandy Hook but approve of people sticking scissors into the skulls of live babies. And if you think Gosnell is the only one doing it, you are 100%+ wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 10:42 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
If you want to believe that a fetus is equal to an actual living baby, then by all means, don't avail yourself of your right to abort.

But you have no business trying to force your belief on others.
Absolutely right. So don't force me to pay for an abortion. The party wanting the abortion should pay for it. I don't want to be a party to murder.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:52 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
I'd say it's more the left thats concerned about abortions..... after all, it's about the ONLY womens rights they cheer for.

Some fail to see Roe vs Wade is not being overturned so wheres the issue. What they really want is the "Church" to accept it, until then the progressives will fight and whine their rights are being violated.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:54 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
What they really want is the "Church" to accept it
They do?

Old 05-06-2013, 11:00 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You're kidding, right?

Media reports on what politicians are doing......Republican politicians are obsessed with abortion and spend most of their time writing and introducing legislation aimed at regulating it out of existence.

The only reason we are constantly hearing about abortion is because Republican's just can't let it go and move on.
Please list for me these anti abortion bills being debated in Congress..

Old 05-06-2013, 11:01 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Absolutely right. So don't force me to pay for an abortion. The party wanting the abortion should pay for it. I don't want to be a party to murder.
And dont forget paying for their own condums, and birth control etc.

If what stays in the bedroom is no one elses business, then they shouldnt make it everyone elses business..

Old 05-06-2013, 11:10 AM

16,678 posts, read 15,684,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
You want an abortion pay for it yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I suppose you both already know that Planned Parenthood gets exactly zero dollars from Medicaid for any abortions they perform. The Hyde Amendment has been attached to every budget bill since 1976. It forbids the spending of federal aid dollars for abortions. You already knew that, didn't you?

Old 05-06-2013, 11:10 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,550,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Just on this first page of the P&OC, there are many examples of Republicans trying to turn an argument by bringing up abortion.

Let me go on record by saying that I am pro-life. However, I understand that Roe vs Wade has been on the books for nearly 40 years and probably isn't going to be overturned. Yet Republicans keep harping on about how much Democrats supposedly support abortion. Any time something is brought up they don't like, their answer is "Yeah, but Democrats kill babies."

Why the obsession with abortion? Don't they have other things to be concerned about?
You know....when people start their statement with I'm this or that, the next thing that is sure to come from their pie hole are the most opposite things from what they claimed to be.

You did not disappoint.

The only obssesion is the lefties' (you included) to murder babies in OR OUT of the womb ...just ask ol' Kermit Gosnell.

Spoiler

50 million lives snuffed out since Roe v Wade......seems to me the obssession is in the abortion clinic.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:25 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Oh, give me a break! The Republicans were foaming at the mouth about abortion way before this story broke. Trying to pass bills forcing women to carry to term, even if the foetus is severely damaged, and trying to pass bills making it OK for a doctor not to tell women what kind of abnormal monstrosity they are carrying.
This is before they ever heard of Gosnell.
And don't forget the ever popular - vaginal ultrasound - courtesy of Paul Ryan - complete with wording on what happens if the woman 'looks away'.

This is before Gosnell as well.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:26 AM

16,678 posts, read 15,684,725 times
The Republican house and the Republican members of the Senate have at least 19 of the 26 active bills in the congress right now. Some of these do not deal with abortion, like some that propose improving women's health or dealing with refugees.

Seems like a lot of interference in personal lives from the party that wants LESS government.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.../abortion/5897

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-06-2013 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: forgetfulness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies