Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2013, 09:00 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Absolutely.
IRS: what is the nature of your organization?
TrEAsonous Party Reply: well, we give help to people.
IRS: do you give to PACS or SUPERPACS?
TrEAsonus Party Reply: we can't say.
And this injection of politics and payback is what got the IRS in trouble to begin with. Glad you pointed out the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 09:01 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
I wasn't aware that IRS has only audited conservatives and conservative groups.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:35 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,943,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
The same is happening on both sides. This issue is not conservative or liberal the issue is that a group was targeted because of their voices against the existing administration. It's that simple. If it was a bipartisan issues both liberal and conservatives groups would have been targeted. They both were not.

I am about as anti-liberal as they come. I believe that the liberal ideology is destroying the foundations of this country. But, conservatives and liberals have to be free to voice their beliefs regardless of what the other side thinks. If liberal groups were targeted I would be equally outraged.

I believe that Obama knew and most likely pushed the process of targeting conservative groups. I also believe he pushed the idea of attacking the press because they didn't agree with him or more likely, they were investigating him for actions he was taking that he did not want uncovered. I also believe there is much more to Bengahzi than we know right now. I believe he order troops to stand down because there was information that would have come to light that would have shown negtively in an election cycle. I believe he is responsible for the death's in Bengahzi and I believe he should pay the price for that decision. I believe he is the most corrupt President in the history of his country.

My only hope is that my party doesn't back down like they seem to do because liberals cry foul. I hope they grow a set of balls and chase this until every rock is overturned and it's like October of 1973 again. I hope that we throw Obama and everyone of his corrupt puppets out of office.
We all know your Right Wing Rant , but considering the tax exempt status of so many half baked religions over the years, I see targeting them directly as a good thing. . There have been many books about how to set up sham "churches", how to rake in the cash and how to avoid taxes altogether....Its been a long while but I vividly remember a book I bought on about how to incorporate , off shore accounts, and the Religion connection. Wish I could remember who wrote that book.
Before you get your shorts in a wad, remember that these scams early on came out of the Liberal side. I remember well when it was the Liberals that were defending all the evangelical groups that started springing up in the South.I spent many years in the hills of western North Carolina/ South Carolina . At the voting booth most of the locals were registered Democrats, ...they were just not so Liberal as I was when it came to their religion which they wore on the sleeve.... Jesse Helms was the great turn around elected official who ran the show for a very long time. He switched sides..as did Strom Thermon. . Green-ville, SC was a hot bed for the religious right as many were starting to label them. There was several churches along my route from home to Greenville , several were those that used poison snakes as an important part of their teaching., and that is only half if it !

Old 05-30-2013, 09:54 AM

7,507 posts, read 5,755,367 times
So why does the head of the IRS need to visit the Whitehouse more than any in the history of this nation? Because, we have to make sure the attack plan is in place. Hell, Selebius wasn't even close to Shulman and she is responsible for pushing out Idiotcare.. The counts are from the Whitehouse visitor logs so there is no denying the counts..

We can all hope that the noose is tightening... ever so slowing choking the life out of this corrupt administration

Shulman had more White House visits than any Cabinet member | The Daily Caller

For all the liberals out there.. The head of the IRS visited Bush once.

IRS Chief Visited White House 118 Times Under Obama, Vs. 1 For Bush - Investors.com

Old 05-30-2013, 10:13 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,476,777 times
http://rhetorican.files.wordpress.co...93_n.jpg?w=632

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-30-2013 at 12:49 PM..

Old 05-30-2013, 10:31 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
So why does the head of the IRS need to visit the Whitehouse more than any in the history of this nation? Because, we have to make sure the attack plan is in place. Hell, Selebius wasn't even close to Shulman and she is responsible for pushing out Idiotcare.. The counts are from the Whitehouse visitor logs so there is no denying the counts..

We can all hope that the noose is tightening... ever so slowing choking the life out of this corrupt administration

Shulman had more White House visits than any Cabinet member | The Daily Caller

For all the liberals out there.. The head of the IRS visited Bush once.

IRS Chief Visited White House 118 Times Under Obama, Vs. 1 For Bush - Investors.com
You mean the head of the IRS that flippantly answered that the reason for his MANY visits to the WH were for Easter egg hunts with his children? They should have arrested him on the spot, for lying.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:44 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
As I said in another thread, all these shenanigans that the IRS has/is pulling makes one wonder how much the color of ones skin is in play.
Racism via $$$$?
Think about it, race of people affected by the INS and the (majority) of the race of people affected by the IRS and the uproar (or lack thereof) generated by either institution.
It has nothing to do with the color of anyone's skin. This is what fascists do. FDR was the first President to use the IRS as a weapon against his opponents extensively, so did LBJ and Clinton, why would Obama be an exception?

Old 05-30-2013, 12:38 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And this injection of politics and payback is what got the IRS in trouble to begin with. Glad you pointed out the problem.
Well, isn't the problem really that groups which/who claim to be charitable-humanitarian-church-etc. organizations, and claim to be tax exempt are really PAC organizations? You don't have a problem with that? You think a PAC masquerading as something different to avoid paying taxes is just okay huh?

Old 05-30-2013, 12:47 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Well, isn't the problem really that groups which/who claim to be charitable-humanitarian-church-etc. organizations, and claim to be tax exempt are really PAC organizations? You don't have a problem with that? You think a PAC masquerading as something different to avoid paying taxes is just okay huh?
It's the donors who avoid taxes with there tax free donations to their favorite politico, that's why the PAC is set up. That's true with the left and right, it's just that vast, vast majority of those PACs are right, hence more of them were impacted.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:21 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So you are saying that it is "okay" for the government to target citizens with IRS audits for thier political beliefs and that it is "no big deal"? I am sure that if you were audited, it was not for your political beliefs, but for a "red flag" on your return. The government should not be in the business of persecuting citizens they are sworn to SERVE.

Liberals truely are fascists.

PS- I have never been audited. Why? I take very few deductions, "overpay" my taxes up front, and have a clean return with no funny business. I guess, as citizens, we should pay the taxes that we owe. I find it interesting that all these libs calling for more taxes in the Obama government are tax cheats who tried to avoid all the taxes they could!
There is no evidence that the IRS targeted citizens for their political beliefs. The IRS targeted liberal groups as well. They also didn't "audit" these groups. The IRS has a duty to assure that the applications for tax exempt status are legitimate, which means they have a right to question the applicant.

New Audit Allegations Show Flawed Statistical Thinking - NYTimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies