Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 12:04 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times

Advertisements

1. Allowed our college graduate daughter to be covered under her dads company health plan for a few years while she was struggling to find steady work. She aged off without finding a job that offers medical but makes enough now to pay for her own individual plan. Also our college aged son is still covered as well, even though he isn't taking a full time load at college because he is working too. It's good to know that passing a 3 unit class isn't the difference between being insured or not being insured.

2. Will allow me to have a chance at my own individual health plan in 2014 when pre existing conditions are struck. Having a cancer diagnosis in your medical history had a way of preventing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 01:35 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I kind of think Republicans have done more to help the Democrats build their base the last 5 years than Obama. Obama didn't have to do anything, really. A Republican opens their mouth and out comes something nasty against women, minorities, gays, immigrants, the poor...

Actually it was more like what the Dems said the Republicans were saying that they really were not.

You know, that annoying demagoguery they depend on.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:39 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,073,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Other than talk talk talk just what has he done? Are things really any better for the average tax paying legal citizen ? DONT THINK SO!
He's done just about as much as Bush did - which is make things worse.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:44 PM

464 posts, read 479,585 times
Business has been booming=more $$ for me.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:40 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,291,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I don't know where you get your jobs data but three years ago there were fewer job openings. The economy was just starting to recover from the economic downturn that Mr. Obama inherited. Companies are make record profits, which puts a stake in the heart of your contention that he's hurting business.
king for 9 months. Where are these supposed jobs you can make a living on at? They sure as hell are not in my area !!! Every time I see one of these liars say there are more jobs, I ask where are they. Are you the FIRST 1 to let me see where a good jobs is that I don't have to have a masters degree ? Or are you going to avoid this reply like all the other oduma supporters?

Old 05-27-2013, 11:48 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,291,069 times

ROFLMAO Pulitzers ? Seriously? Did you not know that THE ONLY WAY to win a Pulitzers is to be a far left newspaper full of help the democratic party dimwits at all cost? LOL You forget, I live just outside St. Louis, and at 1 time worked for the family of Joe Pulitzer. Believe me, I know far more about this deal than you!!! ROFL !!!!!! It truly isn't an honor to win these if you are trying to be an honest news rag !!!!! LOL Thanks for the laughs tho !

Old 05-28-2013, 04:21 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
What has president Obama done for me personally? His health care law mandates that my sons can stay on my health care plan until 26. Since I have a son who is 21 who needs lots of medical care, this is extremely valuable.
That's a good point if you just take it at face value.

Starting in 6 months or so, your employer may very well throw you into the national healthcare system.

I wish the best for your son.

I wish the best for all of us.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:47 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
That's a good point if you just take it at face value.

Starting in 6 months or so, your employer may very well throw you into the national healthcare system.

I wish the best for your son.

I wish the best for all of us.
We dont have a national health care system. We have private insurance cinanes. Employers that already offer health care plans have no incentive to change.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:53 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
ROFLMAO Pulitzers ? Seriously? Did you not know that THE ONLY WAY to win a Pulitzers is to be a far left newspaper full of help the democratic party dimwits at all cost? LOL You forget, I live just outside St. Louis, and at 1 time worked for the family of Joe Pulitzer. Believe me, I know far more about this deal than you!!! ROFL !!!!!! It truly isn't an honor to win these if you are trying to be an honest news rag !!!!! LOL Thanks for the laughs tho !
Sure about that?
Conservative Columnist Bret Stephens Wins Pulitzer | NewsBusters

What's clear is that you cling to your ideology like a religion and twist and invent facts to support your pre-existing opinion, instead of review facts and forming an opinion based upon those facts.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:55 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
We dont have a national health care system. We have private insurance cinanes. Employers that already offer health care plans have no incentive to change.
We'll talk in a year.

BTW.....what happens when your son turns 26? Will his ills magically go away?

You do realize that the cost of insurance for those with pre-existing conditions (depending on the condition) is very high, right?

obamacare supporters blindly believe that coverage will be better, cheaper and more plentiful.

I wish I could shake these people and wake them up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies