Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 07:50 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
He has no control over your life, you do, and until you realize that, your life will improve at a nominal pace, if at all.
Bull pucky, all this man knows is raising taxes which has negatively effected everyone even if it was not a direct hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
No, if you like your health plan just keep it. It also mandates your children stay on the plan until 26 and you can't be denied because of a pre existing condition.

How, specifically, has Obama been unfriendly to business?
yea, you can't be turned down but they can say they will not pay healthcare cost for the first year. Yep, pay the premiums for one year and then they will pay. I know this first hand.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I don't know where you get your jobs data but three years ago there were fewer job openings. The economy was just starting to recover from the economic downturn that Mr. Obama inherited. Companies are make record profits, which puts a stake in the heart of your contention that he's hurting business.
You are so wrong. No matter how you spin it Obama has hurt small business. Then again, cheap labor will help make up for some of it.

http://www.comicallyincorrect.com/wp...ews-590-LI.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-20-2013 at 11:06 AM..

Old 05-20-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Uh.. how does Obama control your insurance premiums, or the volume of local real estate sales, or your local school district's funding?
people are nimwits. There is a cause and effect to everything. Oh and by the way, Kathleen Sebelius appears to have violated federal ethics rules when she asked health care executives to contribute to the campaign to implement Obamacare. it’s a clear violation of the rules if you’re asking insurance companies to put money in. Government will scratch health care companies back if they contribute to implement Obamacare. But that's ok for you as long as it's everyone else who has to pay higher insurance premiums right?

An Unethical Solicitation

Sebelius under fire for asking health care execs for Obamacare advertising money | Washington Free Beacon

Old 05-20-2013, 08:06 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,000,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
He has no control over your life, you do, and until you realize that, your life will improve at a nominal pace, if at all.
I beg to differ the new HC law will give Obama and his Brownshirts the IRS total control over US ...medical...financial ...your very livelihood if it doesn't meet the Furor's agenda....

Old 05-20-2013, 08:18 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
He's the President of ALL of us,
I would have to disagree. I did not vote for him (Didn't vote for Romney either). I do not consider him "my" president, a leader, or a benefit to the nation. He can sign all of the laws he wants, but as stated in Marbury vs Madison, " a legislative act contrary to the Constitution is not law".

Unconstitutional laws need not be followed, no matter what that retard in chief says. Obama can't even spell Constitution, let alone fulfill his duty to preserve, protect, and defend it. He belongs in prison, nothing more, nothing less.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:29 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,512,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Good for you! My son (a National Guard officer), just got back from Afghanistan. His unit was replaced by another Guard unit.
There are still "boots on the ground", and our troops are dieing for nothing!
Obama should have kept his promise and got ALL of our troops out of there!
Show me where he has ever promised to get "ALL of our troops out". We have been drawing down forces for the last two years; in that time I've seen numerous units get their assignments turned off. Some however will still have to go. Winding down a war isn't as simple as packing up everyone and going home. Just getting our equipment out will take years.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:41 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
people are nimwits. There is a cause and effect to everything.
Oh, okay. Sort of a "butterfly effect" type of thing, Obama sneezes and this triggers a chain reaction that raises your insurance premiums.

Quote:
Oh and by the way, Kathleen Sebelius appears to have violated federal ethics rules when she asked health care executives to contribute to the campaign to implement Obamacare. it’s a clear violation of the rules if you’re asking insurance companies to put money in. Government will scratch health care companies back if they contribute to implement Obamacare.
are you sure you're responding to the right post? because this little "aside" seems to be the meat of your response, and yet doesn't explain how Obama has caused the aforementioned price changes.

Quote:
But that's ok for you as long as it's everyone else who has to pay higher insurance premiums right?
Oh, is it? Boy you sure do know a lot about me.

This is an interesting discussion. I've never seen someone so blatantly set up a strawman, then knock it down.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:45 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He makes the losers of the nation feel like they are victims, absolving them of any personal responsibility.
Ahh, so you know Don Draper???

Old 05-20-2013, 08:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Other than talk talk talk just what has he done? Are things really any better for the average tax paying legal citizen ? DONT THINK SO!
It is too bad you expect the government to give you stuff to improve your life. I am much better off today, than four years ago, but since my mind does not revolve around the government, I dont' try to associate it with anyone except myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies