Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 06:33 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Other than talk talk talk just what has he done? Are things really any better for the average tax paying legal citizen ? DONT THINK SO!
About as much as the last guy did -- nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 06:48 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
He made me even better informed about how much a campaigning politician can lie with a straight face and a sincere manner.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:16 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Two differences between me I did something with my education and you is my parents paid school tax.
In English, please?

You said the government had never helped you. I asked if you'd never attended public schools. Simple yes/no question.

I didn't ask about your parents, and I know that you lack the information needed to compare my situation to yours.

Quote:
So you didn't go to school?
My education isn't relevant to the question I asked you.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:27 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,586,090 times
Default What has Obama done to improve your life

He began the damage repair on the disastrous Bush foul-ups.

Good for America. Good for me. Good for you.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:08 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Republicans like Reagan and GW Bush do supply side tax cuts (thats tax cuts for rich people.)
Whenever republicans do supply side tax cuts, they create huge deficits and grow our national debt.

Obama has cut GW Bush's debt growth rate in 1/2.

http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm
Obama has put a tourniquet on a severed limb. The fact is the motions he has done has not helped the bleeding. As I said before Bush's tax cuts which were supply side worked in Texas but not when you had two wars, two jobless recessions to deal with and the start of another. If we had more people working we'd see the debt start to decrease rather than increase at a slower rate. Show me an Obama measure that has actually decreased the debt. And no I am not counting Obamacare because that is still up in the air and will be through his presidency.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:53 PM

128 posts, read 93,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
But, but, but ~ what about personal responsibility that I am constantly hearing about from the right? Seriously? You blame the President of the United States for your poor choices?

Come on.
I didn't make a poor choice. His policies have affected my family income directly. Taxation, obamacare, poor economic decisions. These things have had a tremendous effect on me.

Life is hard now because we have a Democrat in office.

Does this fact make you mad bro?

Old 05-21-2013, 12:59 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
Other than talk talk talk just what has he done? Are things really any better for the average tax paying legal citizen ? DONT THINK SO!
Kept us out of any new wars, for starters.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:44 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Kept us out of any new wars, for starters.
Whatever happened to him pulling the troops from Iraq and Afghanistan?

Old 05-21-2013, 02:47 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:

Why are YOU depending on someone else to make you life better? When do you become responsible for your own success?

Old 05-22-2013, 01:35 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,290,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Republicans like Reagan and GW Bush do supply side tax cuts (thats tax cuts for rich people.)
Whenever republicans do supply side tax cuts, they create huge deficits and grow our national debt.

Obama has cut GW Bush's debt growth rate in 1/2.

http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

10 Trillion of debt when oduma went in the Whitehouse and 4 years later pushing 16 1/2 trillion in debt and you want us to believe some obama supporter writers' lies? Seriously you are believing that? Sometimes the blind refuse to see the cold hard facts, and those facts are obama has added right at 7 Trillion dollars to the National debt in less than 5 years!!! Bush added 3 and yes that was too much over the course of 8 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies