Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2013, 09:39 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,996,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
A normal person would indeed know that a heterosexual male is more likely to be a child molester than is a gay man, gay woman or a straight woman. Only a bigot would make the assumption that because the perpetrator is the same sex as the victim that it makes that person gay. Baloney, more molesters are Dads, Uncles etc married to women with an adult orientation of being heterosexual. Are you that stupid or simplistic that you cannot do simple research to find the data?
I wouldn't put my underage daughter at risk with an adult straight male and I wouldn't put my underage son at risk with an adult gay male. Would you? This is a yes or no question.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:43 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,523,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Do you really believe that pedophiles can't be gay? Are you that stupid or simplistic to believe that there is some magical dividing line between gay men attracted to "men" and gay men attracted to males under 18.
There's nothing magical about one's 18th birthday, you are right about that, but there definitely is a difference between a pedophile and a non-pedophile (which is a psychiatric term unrelated to the age of consent). There is also a difference between a law-abiding person and a criminal. I don't rape women I find attractive; I expect a gay scoutmaster to exercise the same self-control.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:46 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,530,769 times
Quote:
I wouldn't put my underage daughter at risk with an adult straight male and I wouldn't put my underage son at risk with an adult gay male. Would you? This is a yes or no question.
I am gay, one of my friends has had me baby sit her two boys. She had no reason to not trust me just because I am gay. Where do you get your twisted logic from. I have a sense of right and wrong and know it is wrong to molest a child, very wrong. Very bad actually. Just because I am gay, does not mean I am attracted to boys because I am attracted to men. How utterly stupid can some people be, they think that because one is gay, it makes them immoral and incapable of good judgement or character. Just because you are straight, does that mean you are automatically suspect of being a child molester of little girls? By your logic, no adult should ever be trusted around children.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Every time you take your child out in an automobile you are slightly increasing the risk of them being burned alive in a collision. You horrible child abuser! Lol

Old 05-24-2013, 09:49 PM

3,086 posts, read 5,376,269 times
I think that in 2 years, those scouts WILL be able to be leaders. Get used to it, folks, mores are changing, and gay folks are essentially no different from anyone else. There are child molesters amoung both gay and straight populations, and they need to be kept away from vulnerable children and adults. . . . . .THAT IS TRUTH!

Old 05-24-2013, 09:55 PM

38,705 posts, read 26,510,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
He meant youths as opposed to youths and scoutmasters.

Absolutely it's just a matter of time before the Scouts are fully 'integrated.' And it's about time.

OK, let's see how many parents approve of sending their boys out on camping trips with their openly homosexual scout masters.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:58 PM

3,086 posts, read 5,376,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
OK, let's see how many parents approve of sending their boys out on camping trips with their openly homosexual scout masters.
Public opinion, in this area, is rapidly changing, as it should. Parents of young children, today, likely know and trust MANY gay people, both male and female, and will be delighted that their children are being nurtured by such fine individuals!

Old 05-24-2013, 09:59 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,718,520 times
u r so right ultimately they must cave in to the legal pressure and openly invite gays to be full participants in BSA.
of course to be fair-- current members have a right to withdraw if they are not comfortable with the promotion of gay lifestyle in BSA esp among minors. that is their right. this is the other side of the coin of the civil rights movement. if you dont like what an organization has come to stand for, u can leave.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
I would, if my sons were scouts. They are not, because neither my ex-wife nor I can get past the whole God and country crapola. But gay scoutmasters would present no problem for us whatsoever.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:00 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,294,985 times
Quote:
Only the ignorant ones who don't understand the difference between being a gay adult male who is attracted to other adult males and being a pedophile.....who is attracted to children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies