Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2013, 12:58 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,358,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yes. Gay men are only about 3% of the male population but I just read that boys are about a quarter of all sex abuse victims.
Child Abuse Statistics
I am not familiar with that statistic, but testosterone related urges probably account for it!

Old 05-25-2013, 01:01 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,769,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
I am not familiar with that statistic, but testosterone related urges probably account for it!
I don't follow you. Testosterone makes straight men molest boys rather than girls?

Old 05-25-2013, 06:27 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,358,954 times
Quote:
I don't follow you. Testosterone makes straight men molest boys rather than girls?
Testosterone is a hormone that can cause rage like behavior, both sexual and non - sexual in not only humans, but in other mammals as well. . . . . .take a look at a bull elephant in "must", for instance.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:08 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,062,335 times
Very politically correct. Females and gays want to invade in almost every space and arena dominated by straight males.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:26 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,225,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I'm not disagreeing with any of your statistics. The vast majority of pedophiles are straight - because the vast majority of human beings are straight.

My attempt at a point, which seems to be lost on the gay people here, is that most parents should not and will not put their children in a situation of risk with an adult who is attracted to the child's gender.
And yet you almost never hear about molestation cases in the girl scouts, which allows male, and female, leaders regardless of sexual orientation.

I wonder why that is?

Old 05-25-2013, 08:31 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,263,321 times
Quote:
Nobody thinks you are a molestor because you are gay. But given the large number of boys who are abused, there is certainly a disproportionate amount of child sexual abuse done by gay men.
Link?

Old 05-25-2013, 08:40 AM

39,086 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And yet you almost never hear about molestation cases in the girl scouts, which allows male, and female, leaders regardless of sexual orientation. I wonder why that is?
Women, whether gay or straight are rarely molesters. It happens but it is news when it does. Men are never allowed alone with girls and would be watched closely in the GS, but in the BS the gay adult men would have free rein to practice their depravity unless some method of identifying them - like having to wear pink wristbands were implemented.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:59 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,575,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Women, whether gay or straight are rarely molesters. It happens but it is news when it does. Men are never allowed alone with girls and would be watched closely in the GS, but in the BS the gay adult men would have free rein to practice their depravity unless some method of identifying them - like having to wear pink wristbands were implemented.
Your ridiculous generalizations aside, there are very strict codes of conduct that if not followed result in adult leaders being terminated. Adult leaders are never alone with boy scouts, never. This has nothing to do with the sexual orientation of the scout leader, and everything to do with implementing rules that provide the safest environment for children. Call it lessons learned from past experiences in the BSA (to refresh your memory, the rampant sexual abuse of boy scouts by heterosexual, married men).

Posts like this reinforce that the people squealing loudest about the latest ruling are not involved in the BSA, or else they would know these things.

Boy Scout code protects members: Column

Old 05-25-2013, 09:09 AM

39,086 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Your ridiculous generalizations aside, there are very strict codes of conduct that if not followed result in adult leaders being terminated. Adult leaders are never alone with boy scouts, never. This has nothing to do with the sexual orientation of the scout leader, and everything to do with implementing rules that provide the safest environment for children. Call it lessons learned from past experiences in the BSA (to refresh your memory, the rampant sexual abuse of boy scouts by heterosexual, married men).

Posts like this reinforce that the people squealing loudest about the latest ruling are not involved in the BSA, or else they would know these things.

Boy Scout code protects members: Column
Fair enough. But how can you ensure that you do not have two gay guys, one supposedly watching the other, alone with the kids? What parent wants to expose their boy to that kind of risk?

Old 05-25-2013, 09:15 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,769,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Link?
I don't have data but my reasoning is this: if girls are molested by straight men and boys by gay men, and straight and gay men are equally likely to be molesters, then we would expect only a small fraction of victims to be boys, maybe 3%. Instead, about one quarter of molestation victims are boys. It is claimed that this is because many "straight" pedophiles have no preference in victims and go after boys as well as girls. Is this true? I would like to see the evidence that supports this claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies