Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 06:57 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,058,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Just our of curiosity how does one identify weed or a loaded gun from a photograph?
The same way you determine the rate of rain, direction and speed of 2 people walking or running, the thoughts of another person and the reasons behind a 1 hour time period from a bad quality 911 call recording.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:58 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,790,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Yes...there have been several lengthy threads about this case, so we're well aware of the burden of proof being on the prosecution. There's nothing confusing about 2nd degree murder...the prosecution contends that Zimmerman profiled Martin as a criminal and acted recklessly. Considering that Zimmerman said, "These azzholes always get away with it" seems to buttress that theory. At no time that night or at any time since has Zimmerman made a statement that he'd seen Martin either attempt to or successfully commit a crime. Some of us find it offensive that a kid can't walk to a convenience store w/o someone on Adderall and temazepam and carrying a concealed weapon following them and ultimately killing them, simply because that kid might do something... in the mind of the follower.

Florida Second Degree Murder Laws - FindLaw

To prove second degree murder, a prosecutor must show that the defendant acted according to a "depraved mind" without regard for human life. Florida state laws permit the prosecution of second degree murder when the killing lacked premeditation or planning, but the defendant acted with enmity toward the victim or the two had an ongoing interaction or relationship. Unlike first degree murder, second degree murder does not necessarily require proof of the defendant's intent to kill.
True. That's the law. Same with OJ being convicted of "kidnapping" in Las Vegas when someone else in his party pointed the gun to direct someone to a corner of the room and not leave.

Yet I have not seen a single "kidnapping" conviction in Nevada other than OJs conviction where a robber told someone to go to a corner of the room. If this were true than every single "robber"
Who walks up to a bank teller with a note demanding money would be convicted of kidnapping as well since they usually tell them to move to a certain area to get money.

It all depends on the jury and how they see Zimmerman.

My cousin up north just a Judge. He tells me there is the law and there is "justice". It's up to the courts to determine which comes first. Sad but true.

Justice and law are 2 very similar terms yet have 2 very different interpretations.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:23 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,342,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba juneau View Post
Hmmm..that would notta been a good idea neither. Penalty fer brandishing a gun in Florida is 3 yrs. if your gonna pull it might be a good idea to need to pull it. You have a point though. A young man bigger than me, comin at me like he means business, well he ain't likely to close on me.

Huh? You mean you rather get convicted of a murder charge rather than possibly getting three years or better yet no charge at all because the other person ran from you? Besides Trayvon was TALLER but not bigger, zimmerman had 40 or pounds on a teenager that he obviously could not beat.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Did TM tell you that through a medium, or what?

I'm sorry that I used something that you are not to familiar with called common sense.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:27 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,389,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Actually, the dozen poundings of his head on the concrete didn't happen. That was a fabrication, a lie on Zimmerman's part.
He probably got caught lying on his application to the police academy.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Have you ever shot someone at close range? Have you ever even seen a gunshot wound up close right after someone was shot?
Hmm, lets see I lived in a very bad neighborhood for 15 years and I did a tour in the sandbox with the medical unit and I worked in the Lackland AFB emergency room .....what do you think? I have seen more things that most people only see on video games.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The same Trayvon that took pictures of himself smoking weed and holding a loaded gun at home? Sure, ok.
Yep, the same zimmerman with MUG shots of his previous arrest, riiight!

Old 06-08-2013, 07:29 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,023,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
True. That's the law. Same with OJ being convicted of "kidnapping" in Las Vegas when someone else in his party pointed the gun to direct someone to a corner of the room and not leave.

Yet I have not seen a single "kidnapping" conviction in Nevada other than OJs conviction where a robber told someone to go to a corner of the room. If this were true than every single "robber"
Who walks up to a bank teller with a note demanding money would be convicted of kidnapping as well since they usually tell them to move to a certain area to get money.

It all depends on the jury and how they see Zimmerman.

My cousin up north just a Judge. He tells me there is the law and there is "justice". It's up to the courts to determine which comes first. Sad but true.

Justice and law are 2 very similar terms yet have 2 very different interpretations.

I cannot disagree. Since there will be only 6 jurors, the weight of their estimation of Zimmerman and the evidence is doubly heavy. Those of us who believe that Trayvon Martin was killed unnecessarily are hoping that, in this case, justice and the law will coincide. Others have their own agendas, which ignore the tragedy of someone's child being killed.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Just our of curiosity how does one identify weed or a loaded gun from a photograph?
Because he has a scratch and sniff photograph of Trayvon.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:31 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,105,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Because he has a scratch and sniff photograph of Trayvon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies