Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 06:11 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Aside from the arguments I want to get an idea of the count of what people think. Will Zimmerman be convicted or not? This should reflect the current FL laws that the case will be tried under (with the Stand Your Ground and other clauses.)

Note: I'm not asking if he SHOULD be convicted based on your standards, but how will the case likely end.

I'm voting for not convicted. There's too much evidence that Martin had gotten Zimmerman in a dominated position and was beating the hell out of him, to the point where a reasonable person would think their life was in danger. If you read the FL law, that gave Zimmerman the right to use deadly force to protect himself.
Zimmerman needs to be convicted because the Stand Your Ground law is a bunch of BS.

Here's an example:

Say I'm in a state and own a handgun with a weapon permit with the Stand Your Ground law in effect. I can hurl insults, racial slurs, and this, that, and whatever else at said person until they start to approach me. At said point I can then pull my gun out, blast them away, and claim Stand Your Ground as means of self defense. Nothing will happen to me and I'll get let go sense it was justified.

Zimmerman was NOT getting the hell beat out of him. I don't care how they try to spin and fabricate evidence. He shot a teenager who was no danger to him or anyone else. Stand Your Ground, while initially the concept had good enough intentions, has warped into a mechanic to allow murder to happen on the Streets of America.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Wait, Martin punched Zimmerman in the nose? Is that the same nose you claim wasn't broken?

Your community college level BS is getting out of hand.
No one knows if it was broken as he never went to the doctor to check it out. His doctor gave him the name of another but he never went.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:20 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,717,042 times
turning into a similar thread.. AND... isn't there the possibility that he be guilty of a lesser crime?

Old 05-26-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I try to stay out of Florida as much as possible, especially ghetto areas in South FL like where this took place. The last thing I want to do is go there and end up shooting some hood rat, then I'd be in the same situation old George is in.
It didn't take place in South FL, it took place in central FL.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
It's almost like he had very little injury whatsoever except for his knuckles right?
No injury on knuckles. Read the report.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:27 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
No one knows if it was broken as he never went to the doctor to check it out. His doctor gave him the name of another but he never went.
Quote:
It didn't take place in South FL, it took place in central FL.
Quote:
No injury on knuckles. Read the report.
If you're gonna catch up a day late why don't you actually read the entire conversation?

Old 05-26-2013, 06:29 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Zimmerman needs to be convicted because the Stand Your Ground law is a bunch of BS.

Here's an example:

Say I'm in a state and own a handgun with a weapon permit with the Stand Your Ground law in effect. I can hurl insults, racial slurs, and this, that, and whatever else at said person until they start to approach me. At said point I can then pull my gun out, blast them away, and claim Stand Your Ground as means of self defense. Nothing will happen to me and I'll get let go sense it was justified.

Zimmerman was NOT getting the hell beat out of him. I don't care how they try to spin and fabricate evidence. He shot a teenager who was no danger to him or anyone else. Stand Your Ground, while initially the concept had good enough intentions, has warped into a mechanic to allow murder to happen on the Streets of America.
Well...one thing is for sure, the only way to be so removed as to now start making things up, is to know darn well that if the same thing happened to anyone, alone at night getting your head slammed against concrete by a stranger, who would be every bit the stronger in any random group of men, perfectly justifies defending yourself with what ever swift measure possible. Reason being one more half second crack of the head can kill, thats how people can most assuredly die. So you know and are only convincing yourself of this, in changing the topic and starting what would be another idea. Its a crazy idea as well and has nothing to do with normality in life.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:31 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Well...one thing is for sure, the only way to be so removed as to now start making things up, is that you know darn well that if the same thing happened to anyone, at night getting your head slammed against concrete by a stranger, who would be every bit the stronger in any random group of men, perfectly justifies defending yourself with what ever swift measure possible. Reason being one more half second crack of the head can kill, thats how people vcan most assuredly die. So you know.
I have no idea what you just said to me.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:32 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
I think you should give it a try.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:37 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times
Quote:
I have no idea what you just said to me.
Its not my fault u havn't got the patience to read an entry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies