Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 12:46 PM

164 posts, read 197,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
You're confused. There is no consititutional right to ba a racist in Australia. 13 year old learned a lesson; In Australia...you can't run your mouth without consequences. She chose to be at that function/game...if she couldnt comport herself to the rules of Australian society...she could go and kick rocks.

If you dont like Australia's rules...dont live there.

Well, that was attempted by writing the constitution/bill of rights in the US but it clearly didn't stop our people from trampling the laws of the land.

4th amendment? NSA/FBI/CIA do what they want without warrants.

2nd amendment? guns are banned more places than allowed, and have qualifiers to ownership despite it expressly allowing people to bear them and keep them.

1st amendment? We just saw that the DoJ doesn't respect that one either and illegally wiretapped a credentialed reporter and informant by Judge shopping.

The list goes on and on. Constitutionality might as well be replaced with Conditional.

The point is, just *****, complain, say they targeted you for being young and they are ageists/gender discriminating and you are on equal footing to the pathetically offended minority.

Who actually follows the law in 2013? No one does, she is 13 and in this new era of optional societal rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 01:02 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,946,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1 View Post
Well, that was attempted by writing the constitution/bill of rights in the US but it clearly didn't stop our people from trampling the laws of the land.

2nd amendment? guns are banned more places than allowed, and have qualifiers to ownership despite it expressly allowing people to bear them and keep them.

1st amendment? We just saw that the DoJ doesn't respect that one either and illegally wiretapped a credentialed reporter and informant by Judge shopping.

The list goes on and on. Constitutionality might as well be replaced with Conditional.

The point is, just *****, complain, say they targeted you for being young and they are ageists/gender discriminating and you are on equal footing to the pathetically offended minority.

Who actually follows the law in 2013? No one does, she is 13 and in this new era of optional societal rules.
Why are you speaking in abstract? Tell me which constitutional right you have been denied? How has the fedederal govenment restricted your 1st, 2nd, or 4th amendment rights?

Has the IRS restricted your claim to deductions on you income tax form?
Has the FBI unfairly or unjustly targeted you?
If the NSA has listened into any of your phone converstions...Did your representative vote for the Patriot Act?

You can't very well claim your constitutional rights are null and void if no one in the federal government has restricted you from any of your rights.

Seems you still have the right to rant and rail...all the while safe and protected by the very constitution that you say no longer exists...

Old 06-06-2013, 04:45 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Folks like you have been doing that to the now-deceased Trayvon Martin ever since he was killed by a vigilante.

I'm pretty sure Mr. Goodes, or even your garden-variety Aboriginal 13-year-old, is much tougher than you will ever be.
Trayvon Martin was killed by a man trying to protect himself from a violent teen but overreacted.

Mr. Goodes was "shattered" (his word) by a 13 year old girl's simple taunt so, no, he ain't so tough.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I take it you've got nothing else..........
I only have logic, common sense and reality on my side.

A man was emotionally "shattered" (his word) by a taunt from a little girl.

In response, the big man humiliated the child on national TV.

That is wrong.

Its as simple as that.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
True or false: you needed to have hypocrisy explained to you...

That's why I'm done.
I love when people say, "I'm done" but continue to reply.

You are the one who mistakenly used the word, not me.

If the child whom Goodes humiliated on national TV recovers will that make you sad?

The answer is probably "yes".

Old 06-08-2013, 10:13 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I love when people say, "I'm done" but continue to reply.

You are the one who mistakenly used the word, not me.

If the child whom Goodes humiliated on national TV recovers will that make you sad?

The answer is probably "yes".
I love how when people have no leg left to stand on, so they resort to lying...

clb10's homework: look up the meanings of "literally," "hypocrisy," and "sore loser"

Old 06-09-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I love how when people have no leg left to stand on, so they resort to lying...

clb10's homework: look up the meanings of "literally," "hypocrisy," and "sore loser"
Homework?

Now I KNOW I am trying to reason with teenagers!

One day, when you get a bit older, you'll understand why a grown man being hurt by the taunts of a 13 year old girl is utterly ridiculous.

Old 06-09-2013, 03:21 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
An FYI, I just got off Skype with my Australian business partner. He just worked four 16 hour days straight.

His first words to me were "Jesus, I'm shattered".

Now obviously he's not literally lying on the ground in pieces. It's one of those words that has lost it's original meaning, that people use all the time over there. Same with abused. Aussies don't use those words the same way you might. So a direct translation doesn't really work.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:35 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1 View Post

The event happened in Australia, not the USA. A 13 year-old here in the USA might have freedom of speech. However, it comes with responsibility. If you are being disruptive and cruel, then you can be thrown out of a private establishment. You can't be thrown in prison for saying racial slurs in America, but if in a private establishment, the officials of that establishment can through you out for being disruptive.

And this 13 year-old, she should know better.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:37 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Has this man recovered from his wounds yet or does his treatment continue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies