Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2013, 03:32 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
This is the definition of white privilege. It's like a guy making jokes about rape in front of a woman who got raped and calling her oversensitive because all of his other friends laughed. "Oh, I got pickpocketed once and people joked to me about that and I didn't throw a hissy fit".

Getting called an ape vs. getting called a cracker is like getting raped vs. getting pickpocketed.
So an utterance of a word is equatable to a violent, sexual assault on a woman?

Wow...liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Once again....Different countries, different laws.
Under Australian law, the girl attacked the football player with her name calling. All he did was was report it. She faced a juvenile misdemeanor charge, and most likely Dad paid her fine.

It became newsworthy in Austraila because the football game was held in celebration of Aborigines' rise in Aussie sports. It was like an Aborigine all-star game. That the girl yelled an epithet at that game in particular was what shocked both the player and the nation.

If you don't like the heat your'e getting over starting up this topic, I suggest next time it would be good to do a little more research before you start a topic.
I wonder how the liberals defending child abuse in this thread felt about South African Apartheid?

Remember...as you say..."Different countries, different lawsâ„¢"

Liberal contradictions in 3, 2, 1...

Old 05-30-2013, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Really?

This sure sounds like you want to curb people's right to voice their disgust in order to protect her "right not to be publicly humiliated"
So in your brain, "voicing digust" = "public humiliation"?

That sounds rather medieval for a "tolerant, peaceful" liberal.

What's next...putting the child in stocks?...because, apparently, that is the only way to "voice disgust".

Old 05-30-2013, 03:37 AM

567 posts, read 1,120,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You don't know what I go through -- I'm a definite minority where I live and work. I hear racial slur words all the time -- gringo, guero, anglo -- and from full grown adults and I just lower my opinion of those who use them, I don't have a melt-down.
Guero and Anglo are kinda neutral. 'Guero' basically means 'blondie' and 'Anglo' basically means you're a white guy that doesn't speak Spanish, and little else. Gringo is borderline, depends on the mood of the person saying it.

Now, if they were calling you a gabacho or a bollilo, that would be a different story.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:41 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post

What's next...putting the child in stocks?...because, apparently, that is the only way to "voice disgust".
Still going for the ignorant angle I see.

Whilst you moan about liberals (on an international issue, no less) the issue has moved past the young girl.

again. This happened on a live broadcast The player in question, explicitly stated after the match - immediately that no charges, no police - due to her age. Yet you refuse to acknowledge this fact

Your faux moral outrage fools no one

And while you flip flop on your argument, launching between the girl, labelling Adam a wuss, injecting the Martin issue... A conversation on racism, standards & expectations in society is being had across the nation, with the side of politics one might belong to hardly mattering.

This issue exceeds what a young girl erronously said... It is a 200 year old issue ... You can continue to try to trivialise it, while the rest of us look to move forward.

Last edited by artemis agrotera; 05-30-2013 at 05:08 AM..

Old 05-30-2013, 05:49 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You don't know what I go through -- I'm a definite minority where I live and work. I hear racial slur words all the time -- gringo, guero, anglo -- and from full grown adults and I just lower my opinion of those who use them, I don't have a melt-down.
those words are not derrogatory unless used with a adjective. If they call you "gringo"...that's freindly. Now if they say ***** gringo, then you know you're not liked?

Old 05-30-2013, 06:58 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Defending racism is just such an odd thing to do. But I see the same old posters doing it, so no surprise.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Still going for the ignorant angle I see.

Whilst you moan about liberals (on an international issue, no less) the issue has moved past the young girl.

again. This happened on a live broadcast The player in question, explicitly stated after the match - immediately that no charges, no police - due to her age. Yet you refuse to acknowledge this fact

Your faux moral outrage fools no one

And while you flip flop on your argument, launching between the girl, labelling Adam a wuss, injecting the Martin issue... A conversation on racism, standards & expectations in society is being had across the nation, with the side of politics one might belong to hardly mattering.

This issue exceeds what a young girl erronously said... It is a 200 year old issue ... You can continue to try to trivialise it, while the rest of us look to move forward.
Laying 200 years of history on top of the head of a 13 year old girl?

Wow...liberals!

Old 05-30-2013, 08:21 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Defending racism is just such an odd thing to do. But I see the same old posters doing it, so no surprise.
That's basically what it boils down to.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:33 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post

Her reaction to their disgust is irrelevant. It's still their right to voice their opinion, and they did, and you seem to have a problem w/ that right. Maybe it's time for you to stop backtracking and just admit that you're talking out of your ass, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies