Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2013, 08:01 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
When the debate is lost then I guess its time to attack the other debater.
You never had a debate.

You started a thread trying to defend a person that was publicly shouting racial epithets at another person.

Everyone shot down your thesis.

You tried to bring Trayvon Martin into it.

That got shot down.

You made some incoherent rambling about me being racist because I stated that people that make bad decisions pay for them.

I responded with the best advice I know for someone the has mental deficiencies most likely due to heavy drug abuse.

And now, here we are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 09:20 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Oh, what's wrong? Don't want to sully the angelic image of the poor, innocent African-American male so, hey, let's keep kicking the 13 year old white girl?

I am beginning to see your racist, liberal agenda now...

Certain people are to be protected (thug minorities) while others are to be abused and humiliated in front of a whole nation (white children who make innocent mistakes).

And yes...attacking people (actually physically attacking them not just harmless teasing) is definitely a crime.
He's not an African American. He's a native Australian aborigine. They were the first inhabitants of Australia, and were there for thousands of years before the first white men came.

Calling a person an ape may be permittable here with no consequences, but not in Australia.

There were no Americans involved in the incident.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:34 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,384 times
What is amusing is all the posts by American Conservatives who have never been to Australia and don't even own a passport.
Now I dislike the sport the bloke plays, a rather good sport for the working class, but his approach in pointing out the girl was the right one.

I had a bogan (Aussie redneck conservative) yell a racist slur at me while I was playing Rugby Union.
Sadly for him he was right on the sideline and ended up with a broken jaw.

Damn Magistrate gave me a right dressing gown from the bench, pointed out the bogan like a lot of conservatives did not have the advantage of any education.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; what makes the Aussie Aborigines more special than any other group who LOST? Either change with the times or be left behind. Us "Irish" IN Ireland in many ways were a full on loser culture and we were treated real bad by the English back in the day. So what? This is 2013 and many of the things the English did to us like knocking out Gaelic for the English language actually HELPED up later on since English is THE most important language in the world.
Do Americans speak English or American ?
Example, I could care less ? does not make any grammatical sense to we who were educated by the UK rules of English.

Last edited by nzrugby; 05-29-2013 at 09:50 PM..

Old 05-29-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
American Football is much more violent, destructive and demanding physically than Rugby or Australian rules football could ever imagine. Having played both for many years up thru the college level, first hand experience.

Sports science bares this out time and again.
Sorry but one has to laugh, you played rugby at college level in the USA.
Any NZ high school first fifteen would hammer you.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I watched that game. Aussie Rules football is probably the toughest, most athletic game out there with some of the most fit and rough athletes (I'd venture even more hardcore than Rugby and infinitely tougher than American football).

Just goes to show that emotions can even affect tough guys.
More hardcore than a union front row, bet they do not have our good looks though

Google Image Result for http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa266/Shorey_18/adidas-allblacks-1.jpg

Old 05-29-2013, 09:59 PM

938 posts, read 1,515,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I'm glad whites are thicker skinned. Imagine if every white guy went to crying everytime someone used the words "redneck", "cracker", "whitey", "hon-key", "white-trash" or "anglo"?
This is the definition of white privilege. It's like a guy making jokes about rape in front of a woman who got raped and calling her oversensitive because all of his other friends laughed. "Oh, I got pickpocketed once and people joked to me about that and I didn't throw a hissy fit".

Getting called an ape vs. getting called a cracker is like getting raped vs. getting pickpocketed.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:05 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times
I don't care if she was only 13 she was called out and ejected. Good! Her behavior isn't desired or approved, she can take it elsewhere, and probably her family as well since they are probably the ones that taught her to hate.

This has nothing to do with being "thin skinned" it has to do with dignity and respect. I'm glad he was courageous enough to call out the wrong.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:26 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
You never had a debate.

You started a thread trying to defend a person that was publicly shouting racial epithets at another person.

Everyone shot down your thesis.

You tried to bring Trayvon Martin into it.

That got shot down.

You made some incoherent rambling about me being racist because I stated that people that make bad decisions pay for them.

I responded with the best advice I know for someone the has mental deficiencies most likely due to heavy drug abuse.

And now, here we are.
No, actually you helped defend the severe psychological abuse of a little girl.

Then you failed to see the contradiction inherent in your ilk's defense of Trayvon Martin.

I pointed out that it was probably due to Martin's status as a "protected minority".

Then, failing to win this argument, you attacked me personally by suggesting that I was involved in illegal drugs.

Then, once again, I pointed out the weakness of your position in that you can't win a debate so you attack the debater.

And now, here we are.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:30 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I don't care if she was only 13 she was called out and ejected. Good! Her behavior isn't desired or approved, she can take it elsewhere, and probably her family as well since they are probably the ones that taught her to hate.

This has nothing to do with being "thin skinned" it has to do with dignity and respect. I'm glad he was courageous enough to call out the wrong.
"Courageous" enough to destroy a little girl's life because of words.

Wow....liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies