Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2013, 10:32 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
If God doesn't want little boys and girls getting molested, why did he create pedophiles?

... Or perhaps God didn't make pedophiles.

Maybe there's genetics at work here, maybe there isn't. Maybe people have an inborn sexual attraction to little boys and/or girls. Maybe it's all environmental and developmental. Maybe it's a combination of the two. We just simply don't know ... just like homosexuality. Only difference is that homosexuality is between consenting adults. That makes it legal where pedophilia is not obviously.

Marriage is a religious rite. It has always been between men and women. Why do we have to redefine a religious rite? Why is the government even involved? If gays want equal status under the law and for tax purposes, that's fine. Just call it something else -- even if it's just for the sake of not confusing people. Marriage has always referenced a heterosexual union. If you say you are married, the automatic assumption is that you are straight and joined with a member of the opposite sex. Conversely, when gays reference "my partner" we know what they're talking about.
Funny, I went to city hall to get a marriage license not a church.

There have been many cultures that allowed, even revered, same sex couples. Many cultures had same sex marriages, even right here in America before the bible freaks got here and slaughtered everyone who didn't follow their religion.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:32 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvocatusCenturion View Post
A person born handicapped didn't choose to live that way, they were born with an abnormality and they need help because of it.

That's why we have programs and goverment funds to help those boren with abnormalities.

If one is to think homosexuals are born homosexual, then the homosexuals should go seek proffesional help.

The problem is with all that is it's not PC to figure homosexuals out and research a 'cure' for their ailment.
"Professional help' for what? What 'cure'?

Ignorance is a choice. There is a 'cure' for that. Especially in this age of information.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Can you show me the verse that says all of the OT laws were made null and void EXCEPT the "gay verse"?
There isn't even a 'gay verse' anyway, unless it's taken completely out of it's original context.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Romans also says homosexuality is wrong, that is in the new testament...

Romans 1:26-27

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
That's not about homosexuals. Its about heterosexuals using anal sex to worship their pagan fertility gods. Clearly you haven't read the whole letter or know anything about the culture in which it was originally written. The men were having vaginal sex with women, then they started having anal sex with the women, and with other men. This was in 1st century Corinth - a city with many temples to pagan gods and goddesses where temple prostitution was common.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:40 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
There isn't even a 'gay verse' anyway, unless it's taken completely out of it's original context.
I know, but those that like to use the bible to bash others don't seem to know the book that they are busy beating others over the head with.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:42 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
That's not about homosexuals. Its about heterosexuals using anal sex to worship their pagan fertility gods. Clearly you haven't read the whole letter or know anything about the culture in which it was originally written. The men were having vaginal sex with women, then they started having anal sex with the women, and with other men. This was in 1st century Corinth - a city with many temples to pagan gods and goddesses where temple prostitution was common.
Have you noticed how people who quote Romans 1 (out of context) also never bother to read Romans 2, where Paul specifically says people who condemn those described in Romans 1 will not escape God's judgement, because they do the exact same things? Which would logically mean, if Romans 1 is condemning gays, Romans 2 says everyone is gay.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
You don't see that you have a problem because you *LIKE* your problem.

It pleasures you...it doesn't burn...

But it's wrong, if you think differently then fine. I can't force you to see the other way.
You are entitled to your mind and it's contents as am I and others.

If you are not a christian then move on as this topic doesn't concern you, because when you speak up you are being rude towards the beliefs of others.

I don't go down to the gay bar and start conversations with them on their lifestyle.
This isn't the "Christian" forum, and you are being incredibly rude to that poster. Jesus would be sickened by the 'contents' of your mind.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
"Because of this" Want to discuss what the "this" was? I don't know any homosexuals that worship carved images of people or animals.

Also, exchanging "natural sexual relations ". Hmmmm, That would seem to me like heterosexuals having gay sex. I have no natural sexual relations with the opposite sex. That is completely un natural for me.
Add to that that there is no use of the word "homosexual" in the original language.

But nice try.
Next time some ignorant religious bigot tries to tell you Romans 1 was referring to lesbians, quote them St Augustine who clearly knew Paul was saying the women were having anal sex with the men.

Augustine (354–430 C.E.):
"But if one has relations even with one’s wife in a part of the body which was not made for begetting children, such relations are against nature and indecent. In fact, the same apostle earlier said the same thing about the women, For their women exchanged natural relations for those which are against nature (Rom 1:26).

Augustine, Marriage and Desire 20.35 (trans. Roland Teske; ed. John E Rotelle; Answer to the Pelagians, II; New York: New City Press, 1990), 75-76.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
He posted a quote from the bible---the word of God. So you are arguing with God. It's ok but it is the word of God you take exception with, you know.
No, he misquoted a verse out of context and misused the Bible to support his prejudice. Basically, bearing false witness - which IS in the "top 10".

Old 05-31-2013, 10:52 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Funny, I went to city hall to get a marriage license not a church.
Like I said, why is government involved at all?? I'm not saying that they aren't. I'm asking why they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies