Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2013, 10:05 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
There's a reason why Mosque attendance is projected to outstrip Church of England attendance in the UK. If you have a religion which is not based on any firm values but is subject to the fads of the day it won't appeal to many people seeking structure and guidance.

The prohibition against homosexuality is clear in the Bible. Mixing sin with a blessed sacrament is complete out of bounds in Christianity.
Blessed sacrament? Gays aren't asking for their marriages to be given the stamp of approval by an airborne magic wizard. They want their marriages recognised by the state.
......and there's no such thing as sin. Seeing as how I don't agree with you, I must have a mental disorder, right? I thought I'd beat you to the punch.
Liberal? Mental disorder.
Atheist? Mental disorder.
Pro-gay? Mental disorder.
Believe in AGW? Mental disorder.

Chalk everything up to a mental disorder. It's the lazy, ignorant and anti-intellectual way out.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:05 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Never said that. I am attracted to the opposite sex.
Sure you are. If you were secure with your orientation, you wouldn't feel the need to condemn gays so much.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:06 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
We know what He says as written in the Bible.
Yet you claim to be able to speak for god, and know what it is thinking.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:07 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Quote:
There is a good idea who this guy works for & sure isn't God.
Yeah, his god probably doesn't love the aroma of burnt flesh like yours does.

Quote:
We all are born & made to procreate with the opposite sex. When that doesn't happen, something is mentally wrong & should be medically diagnosed.
Evolutionary biology proves you wrong. If every individual animal (human included) on earth procreated, we'd all die off from overpopulation.

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No, it's your view. Most Jews and Christians do not share your extremist viewpoints.
Precisely. It always comes down to an arbitrary declaration that Reason shall not rule. It always comes down to disconnection from reality by resorting to faith. It always comes down to logic and rationality being rejected, and simply declaring that a belief will be treated as if it were reality. Which in turn always comes from an emotional response and not a rational response.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,"

Timothy 3:16

You choose to ignore the word of God that's your choice. However as Christians we are not going by Gods thoughts but His word as manifested in the Bible.
That verse only applies to the Hebrew Bible.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
He has an opinion, which is is opposite of christianity.
Actually your opinion seems to be the 'opposite of Christianity' if Christianity means following the teachings of Christ in the gospels.

John 13:34-35
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

“By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Mark 12:28-31
"The second is this, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
Romans 13:8-10
Let, no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. The commandments, “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet", and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
1 John 4:18:
Jesus said: "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us.
1 John 4:16-21
God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us.

If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
It is a choice. We are born with certain body parts.

Are you telling me God made a mental mistake?
No, you did.

Creating God in one's own image : Not Exactly Rocket Science

"Their opinions on God's attitudes on important social issues closely mirror their own beliefs. If their own attitudes change, so do their perceptions of what God thinks. They even use the same parts of their brain when considering God's will and their own opinions."

"The results suggest that similar parts of the brain are involved when we consider our own beliefs and those of God - Epley thinks this is why we end up inferring a deity's attitudes based on those we hold ourselves."

Old 05-31-2013, 10:13 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,670,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Your typo, although unintended, is brilliant because you just crystallized the matter here.

gods. As in plural, as in more than one, as in there isn't only one "god". I don't know who you worship, but it certainly isn't a christian "god". The bishop is entirely right in his assessment, so why do you think you have the right to tell who it is he does and does not worship?

There are multiple pantheons above and below. Prove me wrong.
If you are worshiping God, you would not promote homosexuality as OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies