Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2013, 10:24 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,840,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Nope, inhospitality was the crime here. Stop speaking on matters of the Torah when you have no clue what you're talking about.
The fact is, that Christians have just re-interpreted the Jewish Bible in many places.

The whole thing is just a pack of lies!

Old 05-30-2013, 10:26 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Nonsense; OP.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:37 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
If your god created people, then he also created gays and meant them to be gay, that is why we exist. I did not choose to be gay, but you must have chosen to be straight when you had attractions to both sexes, because otherwise you would not be so sure we made a choice. Same goes for anyone who says that we made a choice to be gay. If you are so certain of it, then you had gay feelings and suppressed them to be straight. Did you Janelle?
Maybe I did, I don't know what causes someone to be attracted to what their body does not match. There is a disconnect somewhere for it not to match.

I could say the same thing about being infertile. God did it, but I know better. My body is human and it did it for the reason that we are human and human bodies don't work right sometimes. Many gays do not act out and should not be put down for that.

Last edited by janelle144; 05-30-2013 at 10:53 PM..

Old 05-30-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Conservative Christians are the poster children for ignorant hypocrites. They only follow the parts of the Bible that allow them to demonize people they don't like or understand, while ignoring anything that condemns their sins.

I'm pretty sure the anti-gay crowd will not be getting a pat on the back from God come judgement day.

God will pat us on the back when we tell people the truth, after all it is His truth. Christians do not just live for this world, we also think about the next, eternity. This world only lasts just a second compared to eternity.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Those men weren't gay. And it wasn't homosexual sex, it's called rape. Shall we condemn all heterosexuals because women get raped by men? That's what you're doing here.

Read Judges 19. Disproves the ridiculous belief that those men were gay.

Well they wanted to rape the men angels not Lot's daughters. They were all evil but they wanted the men on that occasion. The bible also speaks to same sex as being wrong in other parts of the bible so no one is just going by that part.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Nope, inhospitality was the crime here. Stop speaking on matters of the Torah when you have no clue what you're talking about.
The Old Testament is still part of the bible. God would not destroy a whole town because they were inhospitable.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
Quote:
Clear evidence? Do you realize how vague this topic actually is? Do you realize the Bible wasn't written in English and Hebrew and Greek say nothing about the subject?
i am sorry that is not true, is now the time that i start quoting these sources and u start saying that they are all mistranslations and that u possess "the true" translations which actually promote and advocate for gay lifestyle?

Old 05-30-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Why are you quoting Gandhi? He didn't like Christians because most are not like Christ.
No the tenants of the bible. I agree most are not like Christ but when people talk about Christ and speak of the Ten Commandants so many get mad. Too many people pleasers today, that is for sure.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
How is gay bashing a civilized discussion? That's the only point of this threads is for "Christians" (I use that term loosely) to condemn gay people while proving what ignorant hypocrites many Christians are.
You get saying the truth mixed up with condemning. When one quotes the bible and you don't like it, is that condemning? No one can re-write the bible, sorry.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:52 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,216,247 times
It amazes me that xians think the populace as a whole takes their babble as to be authoritative. Its is not!

The whole bible is a conglomeration of borrowed embellished stories from multiple cultures from Genesis to Revelation.

OT for a moment

Exodus never happened and by inference neither did the issuing of the law(s) at Mount Sinai take place.

The amount of people claimed to have fled varies between 2M to 6M; the latter is what the Jews believe is the number.
  1. That is greater than the population of China at the alleged time
  2. Water requirements for just the people (2l per day) would have required a convoy of 20kl tankers nose to tail ~8.3km long, they only had camels and donkeys back then
  3. Miriams well is simply an appeal to magic but even that does not work. The volume of water it (or the rock of Horeb) would need to deliver water in a 12 hour day (assuming women collected 10l for an average family of 5) is the equivalent of 111 hot water heaters per minute, that is 150l x 111 = 16.65kl/minute (~277l/sec)

The speed of a conveyor to allow each woman to collect 10l in an urn/jar/water bag just for her and her family exceeds anything one could feasibly stand on, get onto or exit (think airport moving walkways)

You would need 27.7 women being serviced with their 10l collection PER SECOND, that is some conveyor and some pressure spout.

What about the animals water........?
  4. The feast of unleavened bread took place at midnight the same day they fled, that is a trip of 230 miles, not even modern 4X4s can do it that fast, bear in mind all the booty they were also hauling.
Simple math refutes this myth. In the desert, 2 litres of water a day is the absolute minimum to survive assuming you are not overexerting yourself giving over to excessive perspiration, 2l a day is like what we would consume in a normal working day in a moderate climate, this myth was in the desert.

So for one Leviticus laws were simply man made, the ten commandments partially borrowed from the Egyptians.

Therefore, the whole premise that xians use to condemn gays, is based on a fictional story that NEVER happened.

Oh and as for the Ark of the Covenant, it like all the bible's heroes, is missing and is now conveniently back in heaven (read Revelation if you think I am lying), the only artefact that would prove your god exists is also now in an imaginary place.

So really, you xian bigots are really basing your hate on nothing other than your own prejudices as the bible is not based on any facts, only myths. You believe is is the "word of god" only because you were indoctrinated to believe that.

Sometimes you lot really need a clue by four around the ears but as much as we try and show you how wrong you are, you simply choose to wallow in your cognitive dissonance as if it is something to be applauded.

Short version, prove your bible is fact and then you can use it to justify your bigotry, until then, no sane person is listening to you

Last edited by SeekerSA; 05-30-2013 at 11:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies