Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 12:44 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The tolerance and acceptance of gays and lesbians has been stretched thin. It is one thing to want equality. It is another thing to seek a dominant position in society. People are at the point of entering into an attitude of resentment regarding gay and lesbian rights. They have equal protection under the law. They are even allowed to marry if the wish. What more do they want? Respect is the mutual transfer of power. It is a two way street. I can't help but think that there are supporters of the gay revolution and gay and lesbian activists who do not respect straight society BUT expect that straight society should respect them no matter what.

Firstly to heckle the First Lady who is a straight woman in a very important position is a mistake- to show contempt for First Lady - who is the President's wife and mother of his children clearly shows that this heckler has no respect for anyone who is not like them. There is great prejudice in some gay rights advocates. They do not seem happy with acceptance...they seem to want to dominate. The mindless emotion of hate is not exclusive to straight society.
One person or heckler does not represent an entire group. Also gays in the U.S. DO NOT have federal rights to marry and have spotty recognition of rights across the U.S.
The list of rights that gays do not have in the U.S. is a long one, that is why the battle still rages.
Its not Canada Oleg.

I fully support gay rights, but I don't support a heckler at an event when the President's wife is giving a speech. Anyone with a brain knows you don't win friends or support that way.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:45 PM

46,949 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
You already are. Marry someone of the opposite sex like normal human beings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You beat me to it.

Jjrose what rights don't you have?
You seem to actually think that's a clever argument. That's sad.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:46 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
You already are. Marry someone of the opposite sex like normal human beings.

I'm feeling that Christian love all right. You know, I think you need a bigger bible. Your current copy isn't quite big enough to hide all of your bigotry.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Marriage is between one man and one woman. What you seek is to redefine marriage. No one however is preventing you from marrying big difference.
Actually marriage is be re-defined all the time. It is in some places between one man and many women. People used to marry first cousins. Arranged marriages exist as well.
In places like the wonderful country of Canada marriage is NOT between one man and one woman, the law changed in 2005.
I suggest you read more or get out more and so that you understand how incorrect your statement is.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:49 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Discrimination based on gender is illegal.
I don't really care who you want to marry. That is up to you, but same sex marriage isn't discrimination, it anything it would be the opposite.. The wedding ceremony, whether religious or civil says one man, one woman. it doesn't say 2 women or 2 men...

My thoughts, the SS laws need to be modified. When someone pays into the system their entire life, they should be able to do what they want with their benefits and give them to whomever they want. If that is a sister, a partner or a best friend, it is their money. If this was the case, I think the entire issue of same sex marriage would go away.

Natnasci: you are wrong, there is not a long list of rights gays do not have really isn't a long one: mainly it is the rights to a few benefits (very few) some states have stricter guidelines, but nationally the list isn't at all long.

Now, I am wondering how this thread went from the heckler that upset Michelle to gay rights in America versus other countries?

Old 06-05-2013, 12:50 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There is no such thing as a gay wedding cake. Cakes do not have a sexual orientation.
Bingo.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:54 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That is up to you, but same sex marriage isn't discrimination, it anything it would be the opposite.. The wedding ceremony, whether religious or civil says one man, one woman. it doesn't say 2 women or 2 men...
News: the wedding ceremony has changed several times since it was conceived. It was one man and many women before. Or one soldier and captured woman. Or slave owner and slave. Or one man and the wife of his slave. etc etc etc.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Case in point. As noted above, the fascists (liberals) believe that the baker in Oregon HAS NO RIGHTS and that the rights of the lesbians trump his.

Again- do you think it would OKAY for the lesbians to demand pork from a Muslim or beef from a Hindu? That is EXACTLY what you are saying. You are suggesting the the rights of gays are GREATER than those of other citizens.

As a fascist, you truely beleive this. Keep in mind that world tyranny in the 20th century has come from the left. The Nazis pale in comparison to the body count of Stalin, Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Mihn, Che and Castro.

WAKE UP!
We're back on this, again? It doesn't compute! What part of Muslim shops don't sell pork and Hindu stores don't sell beef is escaping your limited comprehension?
Bakeries sell wedding cakes!
Damn, it's like trying to teach a goat the Dance of the Seven Veils.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:10 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
One person or heckler does not represent an entire group. Also gays in the U.S. DO NOT have federal rights to marry and have spotty recognition of rights across the U.S.
The list of rights that gays do not have in the U.S. is a long one, that is why the battle still rages.
Its not Canada Oleg.

I fully support gay rights, but I don't support a heckler at an event when the President's wife is giving a speech. Anyone with a brain knows you don't win friends or support that way.
Do you have a copy of that list of rights that gays do not have in the U.S.? I am serious because I keep hearing about all the rights that married people have and I have been married for over 30 years and ALL of these rights seem to escape me. A list of rights being withheld would probably be useful for everyone to see.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Do you have a copy of that list of rights that gays do not have in the U.S.? I am serious because I keep hearing about all the rights that married people have and I have been married for over 30 years and ALL of these rights seem to escape me. A list of rights being withheld would probably be useful for everyone to see.
Yes. Now bear in mind this is just the list that FEDERAL marriage laws give couples. Just because some states grant equal marriage does not mean that gay couples get the FEDERAL rights as well.

Besides the rights of marriage, some states offer no protection in housing or employment. You can be fired, just for being gay.

An Overview of Federal Rights and Protections Granted to Married Couples | Resources | Human Rights Campaign
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies