Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 06:27 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
What? Where did you get that the ACA is focused on gays and lesbians?
Do you ever wonder what these people are reading when not on C-D?

Old 06-05-2013, 06:33 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Au contraire

I have nothing against gays and lesbians. However, I do not believe that their rights should be given higher regard in the legal system, nor should they have "exalted status".

Witness the case in which a baker in Oregon refused to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple-
a. the baker had many gay and lesbian clients, to whom he did not refuse service
b. the baker was a Christian, and making the cake was in conflict with HIS religious beliefs
c. gay marriage was not even legal in Oregon at the time, therefore he was being asked to participate in an illegal activity.

What do libs think about the case? The baker should be "prosecuted" under the Oregon equal portection act. They immediately assume that the baker has no rights, or that the rights of the gays trump those of the baker! If the courts find in favor of the gays, then any citizen could ask the a Muslim vendor be prosecuted for not selling them pork, or a Hindu vendor for not selling them beef! You see....... the idiocy of liberalism is a slippery slope and its conclusions have unexpected consequences.

Now why in the world would the "ACA" focus on "gay and lesbian" issues, when deaths from Hep-C are 100 fold that of Aids and that the leading causes of non trauma death in the US are heart disease and cancer? Is that not a ridiculous misallocation of resources for simple political reasons?

Wake up
That is not "higher regard" it is EQUAL regard.
If a hetero was denied service because they are heterosexual they too would fall under the equal protection law of Oregon.

The whole Muslim selling pork thing was already explained, but I'll break it down for you again.

A bakery sells wedding cakes. That bakery can not discriminate based on orientation, race, religion, or gender who they will sell wedding cakes to. If the bakery does not sell wedding cakes, then they do not sell wedding cakes to ANYONE.

A butcher sells pork. The butcher can not discriminate based on orientation, race, religion, or gender who they will sell pork to. If the butcher does not sell pork, then they do not sell pork to ANYONE.

You haven't even shown that the ACA is focused on gays and lesbians, so your last paragraph is pure fallacy.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:38 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,792 times
Quote:
You're right. I will not stop until I am treated equally under the laws as an American citizen.
You already are. Marry someone of the opposite sex like normal human beings.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:44 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
You beat me to it.

Jjrose what rights don't you have?

Old 06-05-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
Why don't you try marrying someone of the same sex, and let us know how that works out for you?

Old 06-05-2013, 06:50 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Serves Moochelle right!! She and her dictator hubby have emboldened them to this aggressive state. And she's getting bit.... "yawn"

Move along folks....nothing here..........

Old 06-05-2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You beat me to it.

Jjrose what rights don't you have?
The same right to marry a woman like any man can. That is discrimination based on gender.

Also the 1000+ benefits, and protections of a legal civil marriage.
Listed here
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d04353r.pdf

Old 06-05-2013, 06:53 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Why don't you try marrying someone of the same sex, and let us know how that works out for you?
Straight people do not have the right to marry same sex, or animals, or sibligs, or multiple spouses etc. Same laws apply to everyone.

However, your rights and same sex marriage has nothing to do with the topic.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:55 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I doubt Mrs. Obama is going to change her views on Homosexuality becasue someone "heclkled" her.
Naaaah......not until one her pretty little girls comes home with "Sara" or someone. Then we'll see how open she is to this movement.

Believe me....its all about votes and political power......and then it comes home to bite you!

Old 06-05-2013, 07:04 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,773 times
How dare this heckler use Alinski tactics against a Democrat!!!!
She should be outted by name and held to public scorn and ridicule.

(Note to Michelle: Grow some skin if you plan more whoring for fellow Democrats.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies