Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 06:01 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
This is what happens when you feed into the narcissism of children. Gays think they can push buttons without repercussions.

First Lady Heckled by Gay Rights Advocate, Threatens to Leave Event - ABC News

Gays and lesbians have come to believe that thier rights supercede those of other citizens. And why not? The Obama administration has given them that impression. Witness that the "focus" of Obamacare has been on healthcare issues for gays and lesbians!

Old 06-05-2013, 06:06 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
Sometimes I wonder if people read what they type before they click Save.

The focus of ACA is on ensuring affordable healthcare for those who otherwise would be unable to afford it, lifting lifetime caps on coverage, and ensuring coverage of preexisting conditions so no one needs to face the proverbial "dying in the streets" scenario.

It seems that some people think that the right to bigotry supersedes the basic rights of other citizens to be treated justly by society.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:11 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Of course, only self-serving bigotry would warp the first lady's rightful repudiation of the heckler into something having to do with the fact that the woman was a lesbian, instead of what was the real cause of the first lady's reaction: because the heckler was a heckler.

The event was at a private home, and hosts of the event are themselves lesbians, and condemned the heckling along with practically the rest of those in attendance. Again, because the heckler was a heckler; not because she was a lesbian.

An anti-war activist interrupting a speech by the President last month isn't repudiated because she's an anti-war activist. It's because she's a heckler. A Tea Party activist heckling a speech by former House Speaker Newt Gingrich in Tampa Bay last year isn't repudiated because he's a Tea Party activist. It's because he's a heckler. It is the heckling that is offensive, in those cases, not the identity, orientation, or perspective of the heckler.
I agree with this. While not a supporter of the LGBT community based on my moral beliefs, it is people like that heckler that make it difficult for people in the LGBT community that are just living their lives and not militant. I don't know why this heckler chose to do this but I won't be surprised if this is yet another event that is twisted by some to be a statement against the LGBT community. The LGBT community looks for every nook and cranny that can be twisted into "anti-gay" and this becomes the threat that you better think twice before making a statement or taking an action against any member of the LGBT community that you won't be made out to (1) a closeted gay (2) a homophobe (3) filled with hate or anything else that they can claim in order to try to silence anyone that doesn't agree with the agenda.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:14 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Sometimes I wonder if people read what they type before they click Save.

The focus of ACA is on ensuring affordable healthcare for those who otherwise would be unable to afford it, lifting lifetime caps on coverage, and ensuring coverage of preexisting conditions so no one needs to face the proverbial "dying in the streets" scenario.

It seems that some people think that the right to bigotry supersedes the basic rights of other citizens to be treated justly by society.

Au contraire

I have nothing against gays and lesbians. However, I do not believe that their rights should be given higher regard in the legal system, nor should they have "exalted status".

Witness the case in which a baker in Oregon refused to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple-
a. the baker had many gay and lesbian clients, to whom he did not refuse service
b. the baker was a Christian, and making the cake was in conflict with HIS religious beliefs
c. gay marriage was not even legal in Oregon at the time, therefore he was being asked to participate in an illegal activity.

What do libs think about the case? The baker should be "prosecuted" under the Oregon equal portection act. They immediately assume that the baker has no rights, or that the rights of the gays trump those of the baker! If the courts find in favor of the gays, then any citizen could ask the a Muslim vendor be prosecuted for not selling them pork, or a Hindu vendor for not selling them beef! You see....... the idiocy of liberalism is a slippery slope and its conclusions have unexpected consequences.

Now why in the world would the "ACA" focus on "gay and lesbian" issues, when deaths from Hep-C are 100 fold that of Aids and that the leading causes of non trauma death in the US are heart disease and cancer? Is that not a ridiculous misallocation of resources for simple political reasons?

Wake up

Old 06-05-2013, 06:20 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The tolerance and acceptance of gays and lesbians has been stretched thin. It is one thing to want equality. It is another thing to seek a dominant position in society. People are at the point of entering into an attitude of resentment regarding gay and lesbian rights. They have equal protection under the law. They are even allowed to marry if the wish. What more do they want? Respect is the mutual transfer of power. It is a two way street. I can't help but think that there are supporters of the gay revolution and gay and lesbian activists who do not respect straight society BUT expect that straight society should respect them no matter what.

Firstly to heckle the First Lady who is a straight woman in a very important position is a mistake- to show contempt for First Lady - who is the President's wife and mother of his children clearly shows that this heckler has no respect for anyone who is not like them. There is great prejudice in some gay rights advocates. They do not seem happy with acceptance...they seem to want to dominate. The mindless emotion of hate is not exclusive to straight society.
I am allowed to have a state and federally recognized marriage? Did I miss some big announcement?
I have equal protection under the law? You mean DOMA has been repealed? When did this happen?
I can not be fired, or denied housing because of my sexual orientation? Since when?
Maybe I slept longer than I thought, but a lot must have changed since last night.

As for the heckling, It is rude and disrespectful regardless of who is doing it. But just about every group has had a person who does stupid, and disrespectful things. The thing is, most people know that the loonie fringe of any group do not represent the group as a whole.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:22 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,084,509 times
I can guess that heckler will now be audited by the IRS and have her email hacked by the feds.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They will never stop. You give them the little finger, and they take the whole hand.
You're right. I will not stop until I am treated equally under the laws as an American citizen.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:24 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I have nothing against gays and lesbians.
Perhaps we'll have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
However, I do not believe that their rights should be given higher regard in the legal system, nor should they have "exalted status".
Neither do they. They believe in equal protection under the law.

So your posting held no substantive content whatsoever, since it was all predicated on a blatantly false presumption of the reality, one carefully constructed to rationalize bigotry against people you simply don't care about.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Gays and lesbians have come to believe that thier rights supercede those of other citizens. And why not? The Obama administration has given them that impression. Witness that the "focus" of Obamacare has been on healthcare issues for gays and lesbians!
What? Where did you get that the ACA is focused on gays and lesbians?

Old 06-05-2013, 06:25 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
I doubt Mrs. Obama is going to change her views on Homosexuality becasue someone "heclkled" her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies