Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2013, 11:14 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
hey define crazy? short of car jacking that women, what laws did he break? why was there now armed guards at the college? was it a "gun free zone"
ARSON

Update: At least 5 dead in Santa Monica rampage shooting and arson attack; gunman identified

I live within 5 miles of SMC.

Don't debate this with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
hey define crazy? short of car jacking that women, what laws did he break? why was there now armed guards at the college? was it a "gun free zone"
Because you don't know about Santa Monica College you wouldn't know that there have been multiple bomb threats, gun incidents on campus over the past 11 months and longer.

I suspect that all of that goes away after the death of this nutbag.

Santa Monica College temporarily evacuated after bomb threat - 4-23-13

That neighborhood isn't the safest, surprising because there are properties in the millions surrounding that campus.

The area called Sunset Park is notorious for gun threats, shootings and random acts of violence.

Top Stories of 2005 - Santa Monica

It's not new.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:30 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
ARSON

Update: At least 5 dead in Santa Monica rampage shooting and arson attack; gunman identified

I live within 5 miles of SMC.

Don't debate this with me.
I am not debate that he broke the law, short of breaking the first law(which i am assuming murder not the arson) what could have been done to stop him? is being "weird"(how ever weird might be defined is beyond me) equal suspicion?

Old 06-12-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Because you don't know about Santa Monica College you wouldn't know that there have been multiple bomb threats, gun incidents on campus over the past 11 months and longer.

I suspect that all of that goes away after the death of this nutbag.

Santa Monica College temporarily evacuated after bomb threat - 4-23-13

That neighborhood isn't the safest, surprising because there are properties in the millions surrounding that campus.

The area called Sunset Park is notorious for gun threats, shootings and random acts of violence.

Top Stories of 2005 - Santa Monica

It's not new.
How many of those areas are "gun free zones"

as for the threats, it may have been him, but then again it could have been some guy having his friends call the threat in from a pay phone in order to have a test put off...really solid move but really a bad move...

Old 06-12-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:

as for the threats, it may have been him, but then again it could have been some guy having his friends call the threat in from a pay phone in order to have a test put off...really solid move but really a bad move...
ALL campuses are gun free zones. Drug free as well.

What exactly is your point? about "gun free zone"?

MY point is... there have been MANY bomb threats called into SMC over the past few months of this year.

That bonehead may be the culprit .. I suspect he is.

But time will tell.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:

When they called in bomb threats it was random this year, wasn't always around a "term paper due" or "finals", besides it's COMMUNITY COLLEGE, and the students there are VERY SERIOUS about their work. They're the highest transfer 2 year college in the state of California, nobody there cheeses off and crank calls a bomb threat to put off a final, it's not UCLA - and even there NOBODY ever does that!

West LA college is also nearby, in the Culver City area... only 4 miles (give or take - from Santa Monica College) they have not had ANY bomb scares that hit the news EVER!...

No, it was that bozo. He's the culprit.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:
When they called in bomb threats it was random this year, wasn't always around a "term paper due" or "finals", besides it's COMMUNITY COLLEGE, and the students there are VERY SERIOUS about their work. They're the highest transfer 2 year college in the state of California, nobody there cheeses off and crank calls a bomb threat to put off a final, it's not UCLA - and even there NOBODY ever does that!

West LA college is also nearby, in the Culver City area... only 4 miles (give or take - from Santa Monica College) they have not had ANY bomb scares that hit the news EVER!...

No, it was that bozo. He's the culprit.
hey do i wish all bomb threats where fake, or bad jokes by people who have a few screws lose, yeah do i ever hope they are real? never

as for the area, how many building are "gun free zones"

Old 06-13-2013, 01:13 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Americans are no long buying the statistic nonsense about gun control being a solutions, it is one of the problems.
BS, people are feed up with gun violence and are not buying into your gun culture anymore. Support for gun control is at a 10 year high.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:51 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Red flags before Santa Monica shooting, but pointing fingers is hard

Deeply interest in assault weapons. Sounds like 99% of the gunnut posters on C-D forums. Makes you wonder of the next mass shooter is among us.
Better luck next time swooner. Your slaughter isn't playing to your political goal this time around. Maybe next time eh?

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-13-2013 at 03:48 AM..

Old 06-13-2013, 02:01 AM

No.

Read this.

/end thread

//www.city-data.com/forum/newre...ply&p=29999172
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies