Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 07:27 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

I would suggest, as mentioned, interest, perseverance, frugality and community support. Successful businesses require taking risks and these are easier to take when you know your family will not starve if you lose this time. They seem to believe they will eventually get it right and they mostly do.

Their success in the Middle Ages was helped by allowing compound interest to work its magic on money. Not so much anymore as now everyone charges interest.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:29 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I grew up with a serious fear and mistrust of Christians
I think this is a pretty important factor in the equation that isn't widely understood. In 21st century America Christians generally like Jews, want to defend them against criticism, and want to protect Israel. There is far more philo-Semitism than anti-Semitism. But it doesn't work both ways. When "The Last Temptation of Christ" came out, Jewish pundits predicted Americans would run for their pitchforks. As powerful, wealthy and well-placed in society as they have become, Jews still harbor a paranoid attitude toward the majority culture.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb Why do Jews have so much wealth and power?

I think Jewish parents tend to stress working towards success in their kids, rather than the nebulous "follow your dreams" stuff that most kids get from gentile parents. They place a high value on education, dedication to a goal, and putting your life's work into a profession or craft.

Years ago, a service buddy from NYC gave me some great advice: the best doctors and lawyers tend to be Jewish.

I've found that to be true. And this guy was a Catholic.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I believe that is Historical Evidence not paranoia. The first rule of survival is identify your enemies. Jews have been quite good at knowing their enemies. Kristian support of Israel because it will be the first to go during the Endtime is not exactly encouraging.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:35 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTVisit View Post
Why is it that there are only 2% Jews in the USA and only 14-16 million total in the world, yet Jews control many things such as banks, government, hollywood, media, politics, corporates, etc. ??

I mean it's something they should be proud of

How did American Jews get so rich? - Israel Business, Ynetnews

Oh, goodie, lookie here, another Stormfront offering.

What's the matter, Hitler killing 6 million Jews wasn't enough for you?

Old 06-10-2013, 07:36 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Strong group identity and cohesion, leading to effective networks and interest groups explains some of the wealth and power base. But IQ data, the Nobels and the staggering success of Jews in all kinds of intellectual competition (chess for instance) indicates that there is more to it than just religious/cultural solidarity. Askenazi Jews are simply smarter on average than the rest of us, and produce a hugely disproportionate number of geniuses. In some ways, they are a "master race."
Agreed. Word was when the Askenazi Jews had to stay in their own 'hoods back in the day; they had to learn certain skills to survive which the "regular" people wouldn't mess with like handling money so the talents that went with that helped in other parts of life. OTOH: word was those Jews were NOT allowed to be soldiers, craftsmen, and so on so that's why we DON'T usually see Jewish people in the Armed Forces, as blue collar tradesmen and so on.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:43 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
I think this is a pretty important factor in the equation that isn't widely understood. In 21st century America Christians generally like Jews, want to defend them against criticism, and want to protect Israel. There is far more philo-Semitism than anti-Semitism. But it doesn't work both ways. When "The Last Temptation of Christ" came out, Jewish pundits predicted Americans would run for their pitchforks. As powerful, wealthy and well-placed in society as they have become, Jews still harbor a paranoid attitude toward the majority culture.
Uh; what's "killing off" the Jews in 2013 here in the US is intermarriage; more than half of all Jewish people marry non Jews and have kids with them and those kids ain't always raised as "Jewish". That's how little hardcore prejudice there is against them here compared to like Europe.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:44 AM

18,220 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think Jewish parents tend to stress working towards success in their kids, rather than the nebulous "follow your dreams" stuff that most kids get from gentile parents. They place a high value on education, dedication to a goal, and putting your life's work into a profession or craft.

Years ago, a service buddy from NYC gave me some great advice: the best doctors and lawyers tend to be Jewish.

I've found that to be true. And this guy was a Catholic.
Agreed.

Hank Greenberg was not necessarily the first Jewish player in the history of major league baseball, but he definitely was the first to use his last name as several others changed their last names to avoid harrassment by other players and fans. It has been noted that not only in ESPN's Sport Century one hour profile on Greenberg but also his biography (written by Ira Berkow) that his parents and other relatives were very dissappointed that Greenberg dropped out of college to be a ballplayer. At the time he was going to college at NYU. It took a few years for his relatives to accept it.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:45 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Maybe jewish parents are more concerned with their child's success and competitiveness than they are with their kids' self esteem.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:50 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
and the average jew went on with his life not concerning himself with the emanations of a dumb movie. Maybe we all could take a lesson on concerning ourselves with real concerns than made up concernes...and knowing the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies