Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 11:21 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Countless threads with countless insults to minorities, but even the tamest of negative references to whites gets deleted within hours or even minutes, thereby validating the assertion I and others have made about the microscopically thin skin of my fellow whites. Just watch. As the saying goes, "They love to dish it out, but they can't take it." What pusses.
The blatant bias on this forum is getting tiresome. I've been around this forum long enough to remember what it was like before you know who took over the asylum.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:22 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Countless threads with countless insults to minorities, but even the tamest of negative references to whites gets deleted within hours or even minutes, thereby validating the assertion I and others have made about the microscopically thin skin of my fellow whites. Just watch. As the saying goes, "They love to dish it out, but they can't take it." What pusses.
Umm, what? I have never seen this. I don't see too many white folks react when they hear the term "cracker" used, or other slurs/insults. The idea of any white person being offended by this is comical. When I worked in Detroit, people were always writing "white devil" or "cracker" on the film of dirt of people's cars. Someone wrote "die cracker" on my car one. Big whoop. I take it as a sign that they are of low class with little opportunity in this world and feel thankful that I am not in their shoes.

Quote:
It was likely deleted because topics about people using the word are getting quite tiresome. Rappers use this word constantly and no one even flinches. It an obvious double standard.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:30 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
You can't compare the word Redneck to the N word. I'm sorry.
Sorry but Racist insults are racist insults.

Both are very derogatory.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:36 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,883,025 times
Paula Deen is 66 and she grew up in Georgia. Of course she used that word. Supposedly, the last time she used that word was in the 1980's in a conversation with her husband. Of course, that doesn't make for a juicy headline "Old Southern White Lady Used To Use Racist Words 25 Years Ago"

How many of you, if you were asked under oath, could say that you never used a racist term against anyone?

Old 06-20-2013, 11:50 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Paula Deen is 66 and she grew up in Georgia. Of course she used that word. Supposedly, the last time she used that word was in the 1980's in a conversation with her husband. Of course, that doesn't make for a juicy headline "Old Southern White Lady Used To Use Racist Words 25 Years Ago"

How many of you, if you were asked under oath, could say that you never used a racist term against anyone?
I somehow even doubt that it was 25 years ago, probably more like "last week". I have white acquaintances in Atlanta and it seems like they're always talking like that. One of them refers to the place where he works at (DMV) with all black women as "the coal mine". They are white in a society that gives them a considerable amount of privilege, even with a substantial black middle/upper class that exists there.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:54 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
You can't compare the word Redneck to the N word. I'm sorry.
That is probably because there isn't a repulsive or derogatory slang term for a whitey. But I have noted how conservatives using this forum seem to be okay with someone using a racial slur for a black person.

IMO, blacks need to come up with something other than redneck, kracker, or h*nk*y, because most white people just grin when they're called those, which aren't really racial slurs at all to them.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:00 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
That is probably because there isn't a repulsive or derogatory slang term for a whitey. But I have noted how conservatives using this forum seem to be okay with someone using a racial slur for a black person.

IMO, blacks need to come up with something other than redneck, kracker, or h*nk*y, because most white people just grin when they're called those, which aren't really racial slurs at all to them.
If we started hanging white people and calling them those names, they might think differently about those words. Just a thought.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:07 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
If we started hanging white people and calling them those names, they might think differently about those words. Just a thought.
But that could get expensive, do you realize how much Hummers cost? It would be great to burn one of those in a white racist's yard. Just a thought. oh, wait, they'd probably run for the marshmallows and a case of beer.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:33 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
But that could get expensive, do you realize how much Hummers cost? It would be great to burn one of those in a white racist's yard. Just a thought. oh, wait, they'd probably run for the marshmallows and a case of beer.
If its Paula's yard, she'd run in the house for a side of beef and a bucket of butter.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:36 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Agreed.

BFD!

She's a loudmouth idiot who can't cook, so who's surprised?

Don't forget to add big pharma shill to the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies