Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 09:11 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,505 times

Advertisements

She is as popular as ever...... 2-3 hour wait to get into her restaurant at all times.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:14 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I'll bite. As much as the mods here can be (but not always are) proactive in scrubbing offensive content, I find it hard to believe you've had worse than "n" word directed at you. I also believe there is nothing worse than that, because the "n" word has centuries of denigration and actual atrocity attached to it. It's the foulest epithet in this society.

So where's your evidence?

I hear you. So.....examples?
I've had people PM threats calling me personally a pedophile, a child rapist, a NAZI, a baby killer and other beautiful things like that because of my stance on things like gun control and politics.

Show me some evidence of anyone calling you a ni__ger personally and we'll talk.

Quote:
Here in America, certain circumstances are unique to the black experience.

What's a victim card?
The victim card is what you throw out when the race card doesn't work like you wanted it to.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:18 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
She is as popular as ever...... 2-3 hour wait to get into her restaurant at all times.
Do you really think this is what makes her popular? Does she do all the cooking in that restaurant? No, she isn't nearly as popular as she was 2, 3 or 5 years ago..

Old 06-20-2013, 09:21 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you are right, not all her recipes are good, some are just a little over the top for most of us, but, if you don't mind calories every so often, you can't beat some of what she does. I will try her recipes, just don't like to watch her.
Since I have not had a TV subscription since 2006, I cannot say I have watched her program recently. However, before I gave up TV the Food Network was one of my favorite channels. I do recall seeing her program a few times.

You are absolutely right about the calories. Good food typically involves lots of calories. The use of real butter, real cream, real lard, and other real ingredients may be fattening, but it is far better tasting, and better for you, than the artificial crap some people use to save themselves a few calories.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:23 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,052,389 times
George Carlin spent much of his career pointing out that words aren't evil in and of themselves, rather, it is the sentiment behind the word's usage that is truly evil.

The problem here is that casual usage of the word by white people is always rooted in historical racial bigotry.

With that said, please let's stop using the term "the n-word"--it's a very childish way of describing the word in question. There are thousands of n-words in the English language. Therefore this cannot be the n-word.

I think there are instances in literature and journalism when using the original term is necessary in order to illustrate the offensive intent behind the word. If we can't use the word honestly in that context, at least let's refer to it as a "racial epithet" rather than "the n-word".

Old 06-20-2013, 09:26 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I've had people PM threats calling me personally a pedophile, a child rapist, a NAZI, a baby killer and other beautiful things like that because of my stance on things like gun control and politics.
I got you......but those are not RACIAL slurs. Those people called you that because of how they perceive YOU, an individual. Obviously something you said made them say that, whether these things are true or not. You, fairly or unfairly, brought that on.

When someone uses a foul racial slur, they are branding everyone of that race with hatred and are speaking of them as things, not human beings. And I have never done anything to prompt being called that word except existed as a human being with DNA that comes from Western Africa.

Quote:
Show me some evidence of anyone calling you a ni__ger personally and we'll talk.
I could recall for you hundreds of incidents, starting when I was 7.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:27 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I believe there is still a Sambo's in California. It was named after the founders, but leave it to a bunch of thin-skinned racists to have conniption fits. I miss the days before political correctness ruined everything.
Sam and Bo were racist and didn't even know it. Talk about bad luck picking a name for a restaurant.

Sambo's - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Sambo's is a restaurant, formerly an American restaurant chain, started in 1957 by Sam Battistone, Sr. and Newell Bohnett.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
*Julia Child loved butter, used it all the time, and lived to a ripe old age. She was not, however, diabetic.
Julia Child was trained at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris, one of the premiere cooking schools on the planet. She only used real ingredients, never artificial crap. If one wants to reduce their calories, eat less. The only purpose of using artificial crap is to allow one to eat more.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Do you remember the old restaurant chain called Sambo's? At least, we had some here in the south. I do not really recall the story of Sambo (who was an young boy of India) and the tiger, save that the tiger chased Sambo around a tree for so long that the tiger melted into butter. I recall (back in the 1960s) that the restaurant had cartoon depictions of Sambo and the tiger all along the walls. Not, of course, PC, but darn good pancakes.
I remember Sambo's in Nebraska. I still have one of their coffee mugs. It reminded me of Denny's and other similar chains. Nothing to write home about, but okay.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:52 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
No it's not - try reading the linked article before you try to insert your uninformed opinion.

Or do you also think it would be fun to have a plantation style reception with "little n------s" dressed in slave garb?

I will never "get over" racism - you clearly are delighted by it. Let's agree to disagree.
Does that meant that Obama who was involved in a church that preached race hate should go and they specifically name whites has devils. Does than mean that anyone who uses the N word is a racist and that blacks who have used the word Honky racially when mad are racist by just uttering the word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies