Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 05:18 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
But which one is used the most today to you think?

Old 06-20-2013, 05:19 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You say you dont watch her program ever yet you seem to know all about her cooking recipes and her medical conditions and her family.and evidently hate her enough that you wish she would go away for good..As for schooling you? me thinks thou doth protest too much.Its just a cooking show,turn it off.
I believe the OP stated she doesn't have cable, so, she doesn't need to turn RedneckPaula off. Most people who don't have cable watch intellectual cooking shows on PBS over the air. This is one of my favorites.

Jacques Pepin omelette omelet - YouTube

Old 06-20-2013, 05:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
I believe the OP stated she doesn't have cable, so, she doesn't need to turn RedneckPaula off. Most people who don't have cable watch intellectual cooking shows on PBS over the air. This is one of my favorites.

Jacques Pepin omelette omelet - YouTube
I don't know where you get the idea the OP didn't have cable, I didn't see that but maybe she/he said in later. AS for her being a redneck, you don't know too much about her, do you? She is southern, and she apparently used the N word more than once in her childhood, but most people think of Rednecks as being conservative as well, from what I have gathered she is a lib, believe it or not?

BTW: now I want an omelet for breakfast. You know I never think of watching some of the other network chefs. I just watch the food channel and the food network. I know PBS has some good ones.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:58 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Her exaggerated accent annoyed me. Her unhealthy, butter soaked recipes repulsed me. Her revelation that she hid her diabetes for years had me lose any respect I may have had for her. But now, reading her own words in her deposition, I just want to see her go away for good. What a retched woman, and apparently the rest of her family are cut from the same cloth.

Paula Deen goes viral amid 'N-word' controversy - latimes.com
When, exactly, did she last use this supposedly controversial 'N-word'? The article you posted indicates it was a long time ago. Two years? Twenty years?

Never mind. I don't care.

And what's with the 'retched'? Public education? Poor spelling is far more offensive than the N word. This is especially true when the misspelling gives a different meaning.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:29 AM

122 posts, read 108,124 times
Quote:
Her exaggerated accent annoyed me. Her unhealthy, butter soaked recipes repulsed me. Her revelation that she hid her diabetes for years had me lose any respect I may have had for her. But now, reading her own words in her deposition, I just want to see her go away for good. What a retched woman, and apparently the rest of her family are cut from the same cloth.

I heard a lot of that in your reply there...Paula Deen is awesome. I love her show and her books.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:32 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:

What is your problem? Get over it! Not everybody thinks like you do, nor should they.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:38 AM

991 posts, read 1,110,561 times
Paula Deen is a caricature of the South - and she is laughing all the way to the bank while we are shocked at the absurdity of the "way of life" that the South espouses. Namely:

1) Poor eating habits leading to some of the worse obesity rates in the nation.
2) Eschewing education and intellect in favor of superficial "kindness", "hospitality", and "folksiness".
3) Terrible race relations dating back generations.
4) Generally closed-mindedness.
5) Antiquated feudal-like societies where people are supposed to "know their place".
6) Conformity-driven cultures that cast suspicious eyes on anyone who challenges the norm.

Keep paying attention - Paula Deen (and her bank account) loves it.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:42 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,973 times
Black radio stations on Philly make racist remarks about white people all the time.
Where is the outrage liberals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
In all fairness, I have observed far more blatant examples of racism coming from other races besides Caucasians. And apparently, it is just a word. It's thrown around like any other by AAs today, so apparently it has lost it's effect. So I am to understand the word is only bad when used by a white person? Sounds kinda racist to me...

Old 06-20-2013, 06:44 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,973 times
the new england accent is whiny and annoying too.
Starbucks is loaded with calories.
Tofu tastes like ****.

Quote:

Old 06-20-2013, 06:48 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:

It's not nice to fool mother nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies