Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 02:26 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Her exaggerated accent annoyed me. Her unhealthy, butter soaked recipes repulsed me. Her revelation that she hid her diabetes for years had me lose any respect I may have had for her. But now, reading her own words in her deposition, I just want to see her go away for good. What a retched woman, and apparently the rest of her family are cut from the same cloth.

Paula Deen goes viral amid 'N-word' controversy - latimes.com
For some one who apparently hates the woman you sure do watch a lot of the woman..
Is changing a channel or even turning the tv off not an option?

Old 06-20-2013, 02:29 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
You can take the gal out of the trailer park, but you will never take the trailer park out of the gal...
You say that like it's a bad thing living in a trailer park. Is Section 8 housing a more fasionable neighborhood?

Old 06-20-2013, 02:50 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
You say that like it's a bad thing living in a trailer park. Is Section 8 housing a more fasionable neighborhood?
I suppose it's something one should aspire to.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:59 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
For some one who apparently hates the woman you sure do watch a lot of the woman..
Is changing a channel or even turning the tv off not an option?
I don't watch her program, ever. I don't have cable TV. Way to go, champ, you sure schooled me. This thread, however, isn't about me it's about racist Paula Deen. Do try to keep up.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:35 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Her exaggerated accent annoyed me. Her unhealthy, butter soaked recipes repulsed me. Her revelation that she hid her diabetes for years had me lose any respect I may have had for her. But now, reading her own words in her deposition, I just want to see her go away for good. What a retched woman, and apparently the rest of her family are cut from the same cloth.

Paula Deen goes viral amid 'N-word' controversy - latimes.com
You say you dont watch her program ever yet you seem to know all about her cooking recipes and her medical conditions and her family.and evidently hate her enough that you wish she would go away for good..As for schooling you? me thinks thou doth protest too much.Its just a cooking show,turn it off.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
No it's not - try reading the linked article before you try to insert your uninformed opinion.

Or do you also think it would be fun to have a plantation style reception with "little n------s" dressed in slave garb?

I will never "get over" racism - you clearly are delighted by it. Let's agree to disagree.
I happen to really dislike her, always have, but not for this reason. Realize she was raised in the south and she says, she used the word years ago. If she is still using it, that would be different. People change or at least most of us do. No, I have never used the word, but my parents did...again, it was a word and not meant to be taken in any other way. How do you explain AA using it all the time or can you? Are you going to say you have never used a word that could be taken as showing prejudice against someone or something? Have you ever referred to someone as being a fat slob or dirty pig?
As for her food, yes, it is filled or the old recipes were with sugar, fat, calories, it is southern cooking at it best...and actually even fun to eat once in awhile.

You don't like her, I said, I don't either but not for the same reasons. I just think she is a royal pain and too phony, but if she uses a word or did it isn't the end of the world. You wouldn't last long in the south, that is for sure...

Last edited by nmnita; 06-20-2013 at 04:54 AM..

Old 06-20-2013, 04:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
She has some very nice recipes with real ingredients. In fact, I intend to try out her Texas Pork Ribs recipe on Independence Day.

Texas Pork Ribs Recipe — Pauladeen.com
you are right, not all her recipes are good, some are just a little over the top for most of us, but, if you don't mind calories every so often, you can't beat some of what she does. I will try her recipes, just don't like to watch her.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:59 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Y'all just don't know what's good.

Butter makes it better.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:12 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
You can take the gal out of the trailer park, but you will never take the trailer park out of the gal...
Seems I recall a similar saying, except it involves ghettos and doesn't include a gal.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:14 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Y'all just don't know what's good.

Butter makes it better.
How old we really are.

70s Mother Nature *Chiffon* Margarine Commercial - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies