Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 07:12 AM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
As someone whos family imigrated here over 100 years ago. . .i applaud the recent change in immigration. I think the focus on Border security is a red herring (a workable immigration policy means you don't need border security) but at least its something

The decision to work in the united states should be between the employer and the employee.

Get the govt. out of the game

and if you have to compete against a non-speaking english mexican for a job, wtf. thats your problem. Give me cheaper tomatoes.
We have immigration laws and quotas for good reasons. One is to protect jobs and resources for our own citizens. I have to laugh every time a pro-illegal like yourself tries to claim that an American worker is inferior to illegals and therefore is too stupid to compete against them. The only reason that illegals are being hired over Americans is because they work cheaper. They are not superior to the American worker and many times are inferior and unskilled. But the greedy employer doesn't care about that because they only care about increasing their bottom line. Cheaper tomatoes? Now that's funny! Little if any savings are passed on the consumer by using cheap, illegal labor. The employer passes their social costs onto we the taxpayer. Your cheap tomato in reality is an expensive one. And by the way only 3% of illegals are picking crops. The rest are doing jobs that Americans have always done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 07:12 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

Talk about traders, thanks a whole bunch McCain, boy I dislike Obama's policies emensly, but McCain, YOU ARE A TRADER!!! You are all a bunch of lily livered traders, who do not deserve to call yourselfs American's. You love the illegals so much, go live in Mexico.
Once can be a typo or momentary lapse and a lot of people are poor spellers but when a post is written like this, isn't it difficult to have much confidence that the poster really understands the subject they are talking about or to respect their opinion?
Would this poster know what is being discussed if the subject is traitors?

Old 06-21-2013, 07:16 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
The GOP is insisting on 20,000 new agents and 700 miles of fencing and a military-style surge on the Mexico border or the bill won't get done. Christ that's alot of long-term investment aimed at just one immigrant group... not how I'd want to spend my tax dollars, thanks GOP.
Yeah they are as stupid a democrats.
Stop the welfare give a ways, free schooling,healthcare, etc. and the ant trail across the border will dry up.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:
The GOP is insisting on 20,000 new agents and 700 miles of fencing and a military-style surge on the Mexico border or the bill won't get done. Christ that's alot of long-term investment aimed at just one immigrant group... not how I'd want to spend my tax dollars, thanks GOP.
That one illegal alien (not immigrant) group are here by far in the largest numbers. Our southern border is where they are coming from. We need that double layered wall to assist our BP in the most porous areas. If you think it is only illegal aliens coming through our southern border then you need to educate yourself. There are criminals and those from known terrorist countries getting through also.

As for the costs involved even Homeland Security has admitted that it is cheaper to deport them than to allow them to remain here. If you are really concerned about costs then keep that in mind.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:19 AM

We need More gubbement! More gubbement! More gubbement! - cried the conservative

Old 06-21-2013, 07:24 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
The core of conservatism is exclusion. They will spend a lot of money to go get those people. In fact, they don't even care how much it costs to go get those people.

Tell conservatives you want to spend 10trillion to go get Muslim terrorists they won't bat an eye. Tell them you want to spend trillions to get illegal immigrants they won't bat an eye.

Tell conservatives you are going to spend trillions bombing other nations they won't bat an eye.

Tell conservatives you are going to spend millions drug testing people on welfare they won't bat an eye.

Say you want to spend to help poor people, single moms, ethnic minorities, etc and any amount of money that is spent is too much and stealing, and blah, blah, blah.

conservatives hate millions and millions of other Americans.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
We need More gubbement! More gubbement! More gubbement! - cried the conservative
Not sure what you mean by this and what it has to do with this topic.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not sure what you mean by this and what it has to do with this topic.
Of course not.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:29 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
I am literally sick to my stomach over all of this, and the IRS scandal? Bengazi? They literally get away with all this, how????????
You're stresed-out because you're fabricating "scandals" where scandals don't exist. They're figments of your over-active imagination.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:32 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
Quote:
After listening to McCain last evening, pleading for the illegals to have amnesty, and all the other things that our politicians are proposing, I was and am today, literally sick to my stomach at the disrespect, and disloyalty to the American Citizens of the United States...
All that has been happening under the Obama Administration, and then McCain last night, and why, all this just so both sides can get votes....unfreakin believable, how our politicians have sold us out...sold the American people out...and we are going to have to now, not only continue to pay more and more, to house 11 million illegals, but when Obama care goes into effect, we will be taxed more, and in many more ways, plus, continue to pay for illegals, and illegals get to vote??????? Where else in the world could you go and get something for nothing?

I swear, Politicans are becoming more and more corrupt, power hungry and they do not care for the people they are working for....

I am literally sick to my stomach over all of this, and the IRS scandal? Bengazi? They literally get away with all this, how????????

And please, do not come into this thread and blame the republicans, or the democrats, b/c they are both as corrupt as the day is long....

The only time McCain is willing to fight for a cause is when he fights a position that is contrary to the Constitution and/or the will of the American people. Think of the battles he is known for.

As far as the rest of them go. All but one (and he is retiring) are statists who wish to impose their will, their beliefs, their flavor of the day laws, regulations and rules upon the idiot class (in the eyes of these politicians), the American public.

Same crap different day.
Same crap different party.
Same crap different politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies