Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 02:15 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Hispanics are assimilating. Some Hispanics actually hate Hispanics as much as the KKK does.

Self loathing types, I believe the name for them is Uncle Juan.
The problem with these Old Angry White Men is that you can show them a gorup of 10 Hispanics, 9 of them virtually indistinguishable from other Real Americans(tm), and one with a heavy Spanish accent that has trouble stringing a sentence together. The RWNJs would immediately zero in on that one Hispanic and claim that the other 9 are not assimilating as well. Thus is the logic of the teabagger, get out of my life small government (except if you speak Spanish), casual racist

Old 06-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naglfar View Post
What does that have to do with the OP?

Forget Pat Buchanan said it, I'm saying it now. Refute the notion that failure to assimilate mexicans will result in balkinization.
The South West already has Hispanic/mexican culture. Those people are also Christians, so im not sure what new religion or culture he is talking about.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:01 AM

409 posts, read 957,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't think he was talking about the ones who are educated and so can get work visas but of the mostly illiterate and uneducated. It's not true that those born here are fully culturally American -- those protestors waving their Mexican flags in our faces and the Aztlan radicals or Mexica Movement USA haters are actually usually those who were born here, not their illegal parents.

They are not assimilating -- in fact some are making Spanish their official language. (Can't have the language of Americans made official but the illegals can make Spanish the official language)

Texas town makes Spanish official | Deseret News

EL CENIZO, Texas -- The border town of El Cenizo, whose population is heavily Hispanic, has adopted Spanish as its official language and declared the community a safe haven for illegal immigrants, officials said Friday.
I find the vitriol on this thread rather amusing and I'm undecided what is more laughable....Those few who espouse some moronic idea of Aztlan or Mexica or those who actually take such groups seriously( or would try to convince others that such groups represent the majority of the community). I speak English and Spanish fluently yet had to google the meaning of Aztlan/Mexica. Why? because, frankly, I have yet to meet anyone born or residing in the US with connections to the" land of the not assimilating ones" who harbor these ideas.

More concerning would be extremist groups such as neo Confederates, white nationalist, neo-Nazis.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:24 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u225615 View Post
I find the vitriol on this thread rather amusing and I'm undecided what is more laughable....Those few who espouse some moronic idea of Aztlan or Mexica or those who actually take such groups seriously( or would try to convince others that such groups represent the majority of the community). I speak English and Spanish fluently yet had to google the meaning of Aztlan/Mexica. Why? because, frankly, I have yet to meet anyone born or residing in the US with connections to the" land of the not assimilating ones" who harbor these ideas.

More concerning would be extremist groups such as neo Confederates, white nationalist, neo-Nazis.
Why would those groups you mentioned be more concerning? The extremest Mexica Movement/Aztlan are just as racist and extreme as they are. No one has said that any of those groups represent the majority of Americans but they do exist and should be called out for the what they stand for.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:23 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What different culture? What different faith? Most of them are Catholics, the largest religious group in the US. As for culture, geez, the Mexican culture is work, family, cars, possessions, Christmas, fast food, pizza. Honestly how can righties be so friggin' stupid? Mexicans are going to assimilate into US society with ease. We have already seen this in the border states. Will they leave their mark? Of course? Just like every immigrant group has. And we will be a better, richer, more interesting "culture" for it.
My senitments exactly.

I did not realize people with lighter tones of melanin get to determine what "american culture" is or is not.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
My senitments exactly.

I did not realize people with lighter tones of melanin get to determine what "american culture" is or is not.

It has nothing to do with Americans of light skin tone determining what American culture is. It is what it is and has been since our founding. Minority cultures have contributed to the melting pot but we still have an identifying culture and language. "Out of many, ONE".

Who determined what Mexican culture is if not for the brown-toned skin colors of the mestizo Mexicans? Let's not turn this into a race/skin color debate. Cultures are formed by those who formed the different countries/governments of the world and skin color is irrelevant.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:52 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It has nothing to do with Americans of light skin tone determining what American culture is. It is what it is and has been since our founding. Minority cultures have contributed to the melting pot but we still have an identifying culture and language. "Out of many, ONE".

Who determined what Mexican culture is if not for the brown-toned skin colors of the mestizo Mexicans? Let's not turn this into a race/skin color debate. Cultures are formed by those who formed the different countries/governments of the world and skin color is irrelevant.
The bolded part is inaccurrate. It is not what it is since our founding. It evolves as cultures have with every civilization in history.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:00 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,460,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What different culture? What different faith? Most of them are Catholics, the largest religious group in the US. As for culture, geez, the Mexican culture is work, family, cars, possessions, Christmas, fast food, pizza. Honestly how can righties be so friggin' stupid? Mexicans are going to assimilate into US society with ease. We have already seen this in the border states. Will they leave their mark? Of course? Just like every immigrant group has. And we will be a better, richer, more interesting "culture" for it.
lol why can't stupid lefties see what is right in front of their eyes? I lived in Chicago and now Arizona. Those 2 places are where I developed my views on illegal immigration. There is not a single positive of granting amnesty to 12 million illegas. That is unless you want the US demographics to be more like mexico's.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
The bolded part is inaccurrate. It is not what it is since our founding. It evolves as cultures have with every civilization in history.
Our identifying culture has not evolved so much that it is unrecognizable from its original state. You may wish that were so but it hasn't. We have been a melting pot. In otherwords different ethnic groups have a little flavor to the pot but the basic ingredients have been retained.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
lol why can't stupid lefties see what is right in front of their eyes? I lived in Chicago and now Arizona. Those 2 places are where I developed my views on illegal immigration. There is not a single positive of granting amnesty to 12 million illegas. That is unless you want the US demographics to be more like mexico's.
Yes, it is true that the ethnocentric factor in this illegal immigration mess has an agenda to Hispanicize this country. Massive illegal immigration from south of our border helps them achieve their agenda. I guess it isn't enough that Hispanics are the dominant ethnic group in 23 countries on the Western Hemisphere. They want more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies