Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 11:42 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
They are listening to the spin of the defense. The actual testimony of witnesses that contradict Mr. Zimmerman are going to be labeled irrelevant.

I don't know if Mr. Zimmerman will be convicted. Maybe his defense is working. Maybe the state won't prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt to the jurors, but Mr. Zimmerman's story doesn't add up witness accounts are contradicting his story as well as his location as well as some of the physical evidence, that doesn't mean he is guilty, but it does point to him not telling the truth about the events that occurred. If one is objective that has to be troubling that maybe he did kill Mr. Martin and is attempting to cover it up with lies and misdirections.
The witnesses are doing themselves in. The first one called yesterday changed her story completely from what she said in her original statement. The next few were all assuming things and got things completely wrong or saw something on the news that made them see things a certain way. None of them are credible.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:47 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It's on record if he said that.
It's not in the record of THIS trial at this point, and it won't be in the record of THIS trial if the Defense does not call him as a hostile witness. NOTHING is on the record in THIS trial right now other than what the witnesses have testified to and the physical exhibits which have been entered into evidence, and the bench conferences with the Judge, plus attorney objections and motions, and, of course, the Court's rulings.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:49 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
It's not in the record of THIS trial at this point, and it won't be in the record of THIS trial if the Defense does not call him as a hostile witness. NOTHING is on the record in THIS trial right now other than what the witnesses have testified to and the physical exhibits which have been entered into evidence, and the bench conferences with the Judge, plus attorney objections and motions, and, of course, the Court's rulings.
Man you would suck as a lawyer. Whatever he says now will be compared to his statements then. Sheesh, I'd hate for you to be my lawyer in a damn parking ticket.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:49 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
There is a recording of Trayvon's voice on the internet. His voice is boyish and not low, a teenager's voice.

Trayvon Martin Case: Voice Recording Emerges as Lawyers Ready for George Zimmerman Jury Selection | Video - ABC News

The girl Trayvon was talking to on the phone said she heard a man yelling at him, before the phone went dead.
She said the man was yelling ? I don't think so.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:54 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I've become addicted to your posts, please continue.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:54 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
It's on record if he said that.
I'll say this, then drop it for now.

I don't think the dad's alleged denial is on tape. Serino put it in one of his reports. Mr. Martin's statement contends that Serino is wrong.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Man you would suck as a lawyer. Whatever he says now will be compared to his statements then. Sheesh, I'd hate for you to be my lawyer in a damn parking ticket.
Why on earth would you think of hiring me as a lawyer? I'm not a lawyer.

Btw, what has Mr. Martin said on the witness stand in this trial at this point??? I don't believe he has said a word. And UNTIL he is called as a witness and takes the witness stand, nothing he has said is "on the record" in THIS trial, which means there's nothing for the jury to consider. If no one calls the father as a witness, there will be no record in THIS trial of anything he has said. I really don't know how to explain this concept more simply. Sorry if you're not getting it.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'll say this, then drop it for now.

I don't think the dad's alleged denial is on tape. Serino put it in one of his reports. Mr. Martin's statement contends that Serino is wrong.
There may possibly be "a" record somewhere, or some documentation somewhere, of what the father allegedly said, but you know that that "record" has nothing to do with this trial UNLESS the Defense calls the father as a witness and asks him questions about who was screaming, there is NO RECORD IN THIS TRIAL of any statement by the father and therefore nothing for the jury to consider. Again, I don't think it would be great strategy to harass the father on the witness stand; juries tend to react negatively to beating up on family members of victims.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:09 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Good point. the jury can consider ONLY the evidence provided in the trial.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
"the person that was on top was the person that got up". Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies