Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 10:26 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,165 times

Advertisements

Its over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
While it's exciting to hear about MMA-style and Ground and Pound, Good still said he couldn't hear or see if anyone was getting hit, or the guy on top was just holding him down. Unfortunately Good is the only eyewitness. The most important part of Good's testimony, is the lack of evidence of Trayvon beating the crap out of Zimmerman. Strange he didn't get that.

As an aside, Good witnessed this right there, heard someone yelling for help, and he went back inside?

I don't know what's left for witnesses, except maybe some more police and the ME.
The pertinent questions remaining are location, Martin's body having no marks.

Other than some more boring witnesses, it's pretty much down to forensics, ballistics, coroner.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:28 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Zimmerman got what he deserved from Martin.

Martin did not get what he deserved from Zimmerman.

There remains an inequity.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:30 AM

370 posts, read 247,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post

martin should have kept his hands to himself and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:31 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
No one is going to riot if GZ is not convicted. This case brings out all the racists who want reassurance that they can get away with killing a ******. Whether he is convicted or not (and most people I speak with don't think he will), his life will never be the same. He is hated by many and all of this could have been avoided had he stayed in his vehicle and not FOLLOWED Trayvon Martin. He is not a hero. He's a dishonest loser who made an idiotic decision that cost someone their life and ruined his.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
martin should have kept his hands to himself and we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Likely he would still be dead.

Zimmerman was hell bent.

Why didn't Zimmerman tell Martin that the police were on the way?

Old 06-28-2013, 10:34 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
I suppose you'd do the same if some creepy man followed you in the dark and questioned you. Please, TM was minding his own business. GZ should have done the same.

1,458 posts, read 1,398,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post

I don't think either party got what they deserved, especially since we don't know exactly what transpired. If Martin was doing everything Zimmerman said he was doing, I would have shot him too.

My opinion would have been a heck of a lot easier, had Zimmerman's stories added up. I also stopped believing him after the bond hearing fiasco. If the evidence can't prove him wrong, so be it. I'd rather have a liar walk than put an innocent man in jail, or at least someone we can't Prove is guilty.

1,607 posts, read 3,091,298 times
Quote:
innocent people will have nothing to fear...innocent WHITE people, on the other hand, will have to arm themselves. It's all good. It could be an eye opening experience for white people.

No white people rioted when OJ was acquitted for murdering two white people, did they?
You hit the nail on the head with that one. True words have never been spoken...

1,259 posts, read 2,258,385 times
Zimmerman will only get off because there are limited witnesses to what happened that night, that doesn't mean he is innocent. If I were him, I'd be lying my behind off right now, because there is no way he would survive in prison.

Zimmerman should have never been stalking Martin either.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:38 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wegotkidz View Post
Ms. Rachel Jeantel was an absolute disaster on the stand. I know that she's a victim of her environment, but that's no excuse for her garbled speech and lack of articulation. The whole time I was like "Girl, just open your mouth and SPEAK." Sad days.
She is not any different than her peers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies