Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 02:07 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
It's very possible, depending on the position of his arm when he shot. During the re-enactment, Zimmerman showed how he remembered raising the gun. He was standing during the demo, but on his back during the actual event.

If you notice his awkward arm movement during the demo, you'll notice the awkward position he moved his wrist. He was on the ground prone, so it would have been limited in both arm and elbow movement. If you do this yourself on the floor, you'll notice how awkward a position it is for your arm. You twist a little, maybe even strain your wrist yo get to the gun.

With someone on top of you, the movement makes the gun closer to your face than would otherwise be allowed while standing. Try this at home, and just imagine someone on top of you holding you down. Notice the tendency of your hand to move close to your upper chest/face area. You can even do this while seated, so you can continue to read this riveting post of mine

With your arm in that position, it's likely the kickback of the gun would make it move towards your face, especially if you lean in a bit. It's the first thing I thought of when seeing the re-enactment. Presumably, they tested the gun for all possible evidence and DNA.
I can see it....

Old 06-28-2013, 02:08 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The more witnesses they bring out, the more it becomes clear that Zimmerman was a victim of a violent assault that fired to protect his life. If the state keeps bringing out more witnesses like last few, Zimmerman will get a key to the city and his statue on the park square by the time they are done.
If anybody thinks they have a smoking gun at this point, they're delusional.

There are no good witnesses for the state.

Silly little......., no, big Angela knew that, but she didn't want Al Sharpton in her town, so she filed and got him off her back.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:09 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
It's very possible, depending on the position of his arm when he shot. During the re-enactment, Zimmerman showed how he remembered raising the gun. He was standing during the demo, but on his back during the actual event.

If you notice his awkward arm movement during the demo, you'll notice the awkward position he moved his wrist. He was on the ground prone, so it would have been limited in both arm and elbow movement. If you do this yourself on the floor, you'll notice how awkward a position it is for your arm. You twist a little, maybe even strain your wrist yo get to the gun.

With someone on top of you, the movement makes the gun closer to your face than would otherwise be allowed while standing. Try this at home, and just imagine someone on top of you holding you down. Notice the tendency of your hand to move close to your upper chest/face area. You can even do this while seated, so you can continue to read this riveting post of mine
The recoil might have slammed his head into the ground, too.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:09 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I can see it....
Absolutely. And thats why I mentioned the recoil of GZs pistol.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:10 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Some people with serious injuries go to the Emergency Room when they're injured.
I guess that depends on ones definition of a serious injury.......

Old 06-28-2013, 02:11 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
That also.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:11 PM

370 posts, read 247,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Some people with serious injuries go to the Emergency Room when they're injured.

well..that's it...he's obviously guilty because he didn't go immediately to the er for his broken nose....

Old 06-28-2013, 02:12 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Ummm.. NO...

Old 06-28-2013, 02:12 PM

2,187 posts, read 1,383,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Isn't it a shame that the best way to keep a black father involved in their kid's lives is to have them killed while attacking someone? Trayvon's Dad has probably spent more time sitting next to his mom since Trayvon was shot than he did the entire time Trayvon was alive. It's amazing what the opportunity of a large payoff will get you.
Still you don't want to be called a racist. I guess you could not refrain yourself from making such comments for ever.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:14 PM

370 posts, read 247,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Still you don't want to be called a racist. I guess you could not refrain yourself from making such comments for ever.
you aren't aware that 72% of black children are raised by a single parent?
Facts aren't "racist".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies