Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 09:55 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Look at post #3130. The hoodie is NOT charcoal grey. That color would be almost black and this particular hoodie is no where near black.
Here is Trayvon at the store in bright light. His Hoodie looks dark.
On a cloudy, rainy night with no moon I'd bet that hoodie looked almost black.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:56 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
The way they prove Zimmerman did not act in self defense is to prove to the jury beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman is a liar, not credible, and that he would lie about his claim of self defense because he lied so many times about what happened, an other things. I don't know if they can bring in that Zimmerman conspired with his wife to lie to the Court about the amount of money they had during the bail hearing, but if they can do so, that would be enormously damaging to his credibility. Remember the jury only has to have a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman is telling the truth when he claims self defense. A reasonable doubt is not beyond ALL doubt. A juror could think, well, maybe it was self defense, but based on his history of lying and the conflicting testimony, and the fact that he has good reason to lie now in order to be acquitted, I think there is certainly a reasonable doubt that he is telling the truth when he says he was in fear of losing his life or great bodily harm.
At this point in the trial the prosecution as not demonstrated anything besides lack of evidence.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:57 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I will also add that he is not very bright. Any intelligent person would not have left their vehicle that night. It is just common sense, foresight and critical thinking that would have prevented this tragedy and Zimmerman is void of all of the above. I will go as far as to say that NO ONE that I know would have taken the course that Zimmerman did right from the outset. I see the fact that he did not confront TM with an intoduction as to who he was and why he was following him as a major point in this case. Zimmerman attempted to turn neighbrhood watch responsibility into intrigue and espionage.
And most importantly Zimmerman is a proven liar.......from the bail hearing. Also his various stories of what happened that night cannot all be truth. He is a liar. He has lied in this case. Some call them "exaggerations" but in a court of law, they are lies. And this jury, in order to acquit, will have to believe he is telling the truth when he says he shot Martin because he was in fear for his life. I think the State is, in a not very interesting way, methodically putting on evidence, that when taken as a whole, is showing that Zimmerman is a liar and his word that he was in fear for his life cannot be taken at face value. That's what the State has to convince the jury of in order to create a reasonable doubt in their minds that Zimmerman is telling the truth when he claims self defense.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
At this point in the trial the prosecution as not demonstrated anything besides lack of evidence.
We will have to agree to disagree on this matter.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
A sitting president should not be weighing in with his opinions, thoughts or his politics.
Not his job and it is certainly inappropriate.
Again, I didn't see him do that. Guess we will also have to agree to disagree regarding the President.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
And most importantly Zimmerman is a proven liar.......from the bail hearing. Also his various stories of what happened that night cannot all be truth. He is a liar. He has lied in this case. Some call them "exaggerations" but in a court of law, they are lies. And this jury, in order to acquit, will have to believe he is telling the truth when he says he shot Martin because he was in fear for his life. I think the State is, in a not very interesting way, methodically putting on evidence, that when taken as a whole, is showing that Zimmerman is a liar and his word that he was in fear for his life cannot be taken at face value. That's what the State has to convince the jury of in order to create a reasonable doubt in their minds that Zimmerman is telling the truth when he claims self defense.
In the court of law? Perhaps (Jurors) should be composed of (jurists) so that all decisions, opinions and thoughts are derived from the law.
The reality is a jury of peers think like common people. There are lies and then there are exaggerations. Believe it or not that is how common people think.
Only 1 person knows how GZ felt the moment he pulled the trigger. I dislike GZ and believe he lies about just about everything. I do believe he was afraid. He is a cowardly little man. Cowardly little men are always afraid.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:10 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Here is Trayvon at the store in bright light. His Hoodie looks dark.
On a cloudy, rainy night with no moon I'd bet that hoodie looked almost black.

What can explain the discrepancy, then, between these photos and the one the police took?

I would trust the police evidence photo more than a cheap store video camera.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
I corrected the post as to satisfy the need for accuracy. Jurist is now juror.
Jurist - 1. A reptile who looks human in appearance. 2. A human totally devoid of integrity.
Juror- 1.A person forced to endure the company of jurists. 2. A person expected to sift through fabrications for the truth and hopefully render a just verdict.
LOL. That is funny and certainly contains some truth! On this we agree.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
LOL. That is funny and certainly contains some truth! On this we agree.
LOL I do hate lawyers. I never met one I didn't fight an uncontrollable urge to deliver a super wedgy of epic proportions.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:16 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Doesn't matter.
Here's what you don't seem to be able to grasp, life in some instances is not fair. The other thing is when you decided to confront someone with violence someone (maybe you) could end up dead as a doornail as a consequence. Fair? Maybe and maybe not but it is what it is.
What if T.M. had hit G.Z. one time and he happened to die? It's happened before, one hit to the head that "shouldn't" have killed someone but did.
What would you be saying then? That G.Z. deserved it?
Yeah, I'd say so.

A secretive person out spooking.

Reminds me of my glorious government.

Remember - Government is force.

Zimmerman carried his force near his privates.

He was on Mission from God.

In God We Trust.

On the night in question, Zimmerman carried offensive force.

Trayvon reacted with defensive force.

Classic case of Government versus non-artificial person.

If Trayvon had acted more art-officially, he may have survived.

Obama is an art-official Natural Born Citizen.

Like some of my patent specifications state, "Anyone skilled in the art . . can pull that chit off."

Last edited by Nonarchist; 06-29-2013 at 10:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies