Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 04:32 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,828,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Ever been sucker punched??
Oh yeah. And knocked out also.

GZ IMO wasn't sucker punched but more surprised than anything else. The only thing hurt about him was his pride. And knew his pals (the cops) would show up any minute. And he soooo wanted to appear the hero and tough guy.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:33 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,669,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Yes, but she did not document any other visible trauma to his head. All the lumps and bruises were gone by the time she saw him at 11 a.m. the next day. So in less than 15 hours, those lumps had disappeared.

Being asked about bruises that she never saw, from photographs the previous night, that doesn't seem right since she is totally speculating. But they allowed it.
Another point that bolsters my theory that the prosecution does not care about this case.

Cuts to the head COULD have been caused by contact with a sidewalk?

Sure! They could also have been caused by contact with a door jamb or any other physical object. Maybe George's cat jumped onto his head!

It's all speculation, and should not have been allowed by the prosecution.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:33 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,420,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Ever been sucker punched??
I think gz was pissed because Trayvon knocked him down and he reacted to that by shooting as quickly as he could get to his gun. It think it was about anger, not fear for his life.

However, I have to admit that IMO the State is doing a very bad job in this trial. At this point, Bernie seems to be enormously ineffective as a lead attorney. They've had good witnesses, but they certainly don't appear to have spent much time preparing them for testimony. Not coaching them Preparing them for what to expect when they were on the stand. I'm not impressed with the State's strategy so far.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:35 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,949,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Oh yeah. And knocked out also.

GZ IMO wasn't sucker punched but more surprised than anything else. The only thing hurt about him was his pride. And knew his pals (the cops) would show up any minute. And he soooo wanted to appear the hero and tough guy.
Do you know he wasn't?? I don't.... Is this your opinion of the facts or are they facts? The point is you can't convict on opinion..

Old 06-28-2013, 04:36 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,253,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
No. If you think you are in danger you will fight. GZs hands later showed absolutely no damage. None.

The other thing is GZ is 5'8" tall, weighed 204lbs. (at that time, probably 325 today) and looking at the video reenactment he appeared to be in good physical shape. TM was 5'11' and weighed 158lbs. (some say 156). GZ was really into MMA, practiced 3 times a week. He could have handled a 17 year old kid with ease. But he didn't do anything in the way of defending himself except kill.
GZ is living proof that some people just don't learn, can't be taught and can't put in to practice what they have been shown.
I have trained in 2 different styles of Karate and have seen many who come to class every week and after years of training are no more able to defend themselves than people with 0 training. Not everyone has that internal fire, the drive or the ability to take a solid hit.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:36 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,160,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
They still would have wanted for him to get an xray before he would be seen. I wonder why he did not get one since it could have helped him prove that his injuries were life threatening
His injuries didn't have to be life threatening for the shoot to be good. He only had to have reason to believe that he was in imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:37 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,669,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

He didn't want to go to a doctor and didn't want further tests.
Maybe he feared getting a blood test.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
GZ is living proof that some people just don't learn, can't be taught and can't put in to practice what they have been shown.
I have trained in 2 different styles of Karate and have seen many who come to class every week and after years of training are no more able to defend themselves than people with 0 training. Not everyone has that internal fire, the drive or the ability to take a solid hit.
I agree...

Old 06-28-2013, 04:41 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,420,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
This has bothered me as well. If his head had been bashed repeatedly, a sensible person would be concerned about a possible concussion or subdural hematoma. One would be concerned about cerebral
swelling. Zimmerman wasn't concerned about a broken nose, or he would have seen an ENT physician
as the PA suggested. He wasn't concerned about brain injuries, or he would have gone to the hospital
that night for a CT Scan and X-rays. The PA even testified that the cuts on the back of his head didn't
require bandages, unless the patient wanted them to keep debris out of the cuts. No stitches or butterfly bandages were needed. None of this is consistent with someone who claims to have been in extreme fear for his life. I'm curious about Det. Serino's testimony, if and when he's called.
Do you know whether or not Serino is still working for the Sanford Police Department? If so, that may influence his testimony. I too have been wondering about Serino and the female officer who interviewed Zimmerman.

As I've said, I think Zimmerman reacted in anger to being knocked down by Martin by shooting him as quickly as he could get his gun out. I think that's why people did not see Zimmerman hitting back and there were no injuries to Zimmerman's hands. He was too busying getting that gun. He didn't have time nor any interest, IMO, in trying to settle the issue; he just wanted to "win".....temper, temper. And that's my 2 cents worth. Purely speculation and purely my opinion.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Do you know whether or not Serino is still working for the Sanford Police Department? If so, that may influence his testimony. I too have been wondering about Serino and the female officer who interviewed Zimmerman.

As I've said, I think Zimmerman reacted in anger to being knocked down by Martin by shooting him as quickly as he could get his gun out. I think that's why people did not see Zimmerman hitting back and there were no injuries to Zimmerman's hands. He was too busying getting that gun. He didn't have time nor any interest, IMO, in trying to settle the issue; he just wanted to "win".....temper, temper. And that's my 2 cents worth. Purely speculation and purely my opinion.
Exactly.. That is your opinion... Everyone has one...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies