Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 05:27 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,897,170 times

Advertisements

Watching the trial, I don't see why the state even brought charges against GZ. The state has nothing, every witness they have produced does a great job for George.. I'm sure the jury won't consider anything the "Star" witness had to say, she was completely unreliable. The other prosecution witness' make GZ look completely innocent.
They better have a whole lot more we haven't yet seen or GZ wins this one going away...No Contest..

Old 06-28-2013, 05:31 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,834,620 times
I predict this will be treated in the end like a crime of passion - one of rage...The short story will be - GZ - confronts the kid...The kid looks at GZ and does not respect him because he is a little twerp....GZ insults the kid - TM punches him out in one or two blows...GZ is knocked to the ground...He is totally humiliated and enraged to be punched out so quickly by a kid...then he lifts himself off the ground - points and shoots... Involuntary man slaughter. Zimmerman did not go out with the intent to murder...he simply lost it.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:32 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,824,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I dont care how big he was. He was on the ground, on his back. Martin clearly was taking advantage of the offensive position.

And if that is your case you have none. The evidence to this point, supports Zimmerman. Im sorry if that upsets you but its the truth.
Offensive position? GZ didn't get his head bashed in a dozen times. Wasn't punched 25-30 times. The evidence supports that. With him the only thing that was hurt was his pride.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:34 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,416,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
George Zimmerman defense witnesses: Zimmerman's lawyers: Cops will testify for us - Orlando Sentinel

George Zimmerman Chris Serino: Attorneys for George Zimmerman depose Serino, lead SPD investigator in Trayvon Martin case - Orlando Sentinel

And your opinion is more valid than that of people who have decided to believe one of George's versions of the shooting; it isn't speculation based on lies. As others have suggested, we'll never know what was in Zimmerman's system when he shot Trayvon Martin, beyond the Adderall and temazepam, both of which have serious side effects. Somehow things that would be routine procedure, like blood work on an admitted killer, just fell by the wayside. Shoddy police work may save Zimmerman yet.
Well, the link says Serino hired his own attorney, Jose Baez, and that he gave a deposition back in Feb. of this year. I feel certain that Serino will say on the witness stand exactly what he said in his deposition. He's experienced enough that he will review his depo prior to testifying. However, the article says that it isn't clear what he said in his deposition, so I guess we have to wait to see if the State calls him.

You know, I'm starting to think that if a blood test had been done and the prescription drugs were found, and nothing else, no alcohol, etc., that may have provided him more evidence for his "fear for my life" claim. He could have made an argument that the prescription drugs distorted his perception and caused him to be in mortal fear. Who knows? I also think you have to give permission for law enforcement to take your blood.

9,827 posts, read 6,945,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I predict this will be treated in the end like a crime of passion - one of rage...The short story will be - GZ - confronts the kid...The kid looks at GZ and does not respect him because he is a little twerp....GZ insults the kid - TM punches him out in one or two blows...GZ is knocked to the ground...He is totally humiliated and enraged to be punched out so quickly by a kid...then he lifts himself off the ground - points and shoots... Involuntary man slaughter. Zimmerman did not go out with the intent to murder...he simply lost it.
Perhaps, but to this point the evidence to support your theory has not been brought forth. Perhaps it will, but it isn't looking like it will be...

39,876 posts, read 26,558,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
He has not been charged with premeditated murder.

Could it be that he's just telling "half" the story? Could he be leaving out the part about getting angry and going for his gun without even attempting to strike a blow or get away? It wouldn't be so hard to tell "sort of" the story, just leaving out a few details here and there and adding just a tiny change her and there?
The person I responded to proposed that Z planned all this out and was determined to go out and kill a black male that night. And that everything he did was somehow part of an elaborate murder plot. Seems kind of silly, doesn't it?

I'm not convinced of Zs innocence yet. It really depends on things we probably will never actually know. Like who actually threw the first punch. Yet once he's down on his back and getting punched in the face, it's hard to argue that it isn't reasonable to believe that he's in fear of death or great bodily harm.

There will be some physical evidence that will be hard to counter. If the forensics from the gunshot shows that they were several or many feet apart, SD will be harder to argue. Yet if it comes out that the shot was within a foot or 2, it's much more believable. Honestly, that is one of the few ways I see Z being found guilty at this point. The prosecution witnesses have set the stage for a pretty strong SD arguement.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 06-28-2013 at 05:43 PM..

13,221 posts, read 12,336,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I agree, but if he would have told this as the truth in the first place millions of dollars of time and money would not have been spent on this case in the first place

23,861 posts, read 24,142,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Zimmerman doesn't have to prove anything.
Excellent point.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:35 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,021,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Thats the thing. These Martin supporters have nothing but speculation to go on. Are there ANY real facts that support their case? I havent heard any yet. The real shame is, they are willing to send this guy to prison for years and years off speculations and emotions, and of course their politics.
I asked you just the other day which one of Zimmerman's versions of events do you believe is the true one? The written police report, the reenactment or the story that he told his brother, Robert?

Old 06-28-2013, 05:38 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,416,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Watching the trial, I don't see why the state even brought charges against GZ. The state has nothing, every witness they have produced does a great job for George.. I'm sure the jury won't consider anything the "Star" witness had to say, she was completely unreliable. The other prosecution witness' make GZ look completely innocent.
They better have a whole lot more we haven't yet seen or GZ wins this one going away...No Contest..
Guess you're not paying close attention. Some of these witnesses have contradicted each other. NOT every witness has done a "great job for George." What makes you think you can identify with and have any idea of what 5 white women and 1 Hispanic/Black woman are thinking down in Sanford, FL????

Most people know better than to predict what ANY JURY will do in any case. I'm sure most people thought that the Jodi Arius jury would give her a death sentence, but they were wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies