Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 04:58 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,056,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
How far away was Jon Good's apartment from the scene of the fight? I don't think any of us know. He also claimed the one on bottom had a white or red jacket. Those are two very different colors---that also sounds a bit revisionist in my opinion, and may have been influenced by his seeing what color Zimmerman's jacket was later.

The prosecutors have been very poor at establishing the narrative for each witness, by not using the diagram of the complex enough, and not spelling out distances, even estimated ones.

I don't think they've ever even said the width of the dog-walk/alley way, unless I missed it. They also haven't said how far the condos and the porches are from the sidewalk. They're not giving the jurors a very good picture of what was going on. How would the jury know how far down someone's apartment is from the T if the lawyers never tell them? There's a big difference in hearing and seeing something from 10 feet away versus 30 or more feet away. Are they trying to lose this on purpose?
From the pictures the prosecution showed in court, Good's patio/porch seemed right there when Martin was shot. Also, and I believe I'm correct, Good's statement about the coloring of the clothing of the person on bottom was in his initial statement. In addition, and the one most relevant I think was that he said the person on bottom was light skinned. He thought initially it was a white guy and said he later learned Zimmerman was Hispanic. His initial statement, at least what was shown in court, was consistent in this regard.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:58 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,352,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlw2009 View Post
Oh jesus christ. Please. White people bend over backwards to help blacks out. We created welfare, affirmative action programs such as hiring under-qualified blacks, accepting under-qualified blacks into top schools, paying teachers ungodly amounts of money in the inner cities to have their lives threatened to teach blacks. We created programs like Big Brothers Big Sisters to help all kids that needed it, with a large portion of those kids being blacks.

1. Welfare was NOT created for black people, actually blacks were not initially granted benefits
Blacks and the History of Welfare - University of Dayton
a. White are the majority of people who are on welfare as well

2. Affirmative Action did not promote hiring underqualified blacks, which is a myth that has been started and continued by whitemen who were less qualified than a more qualified black.
b. Affirmative Action has benefitted whitewomen more than any other group
What Group Benefits Most from Affirmative Action? white women?

3. Do you have a problem with teachers in mostly white suburbs getting paid as much, when actually because they get paid more, because their school and salaries of the teachers have alot to do with the tax base (which is higher) in the suburbs.

4. Is that why it took them 21 years before they even included one for little black girls?
Big Brothers Big Sisters of America - Wikipedia, the free …

Colleges offer minority scholarships, african american programs, etc. Every time any white person says a single thing out of line about a black its national news and that person's life is destroyed.

I guess that you never heard of institutionized racism which is comes from some of the things that are said by some whites who are in power to make their superiority beliefs come true at the expense of other groups

Yet, we have blacks who constantly kills whites, rob whites, beat whites, rape whites every single day in this country and what news station is on it? "This just in another white woman was beat and raped by a black...and in other news".

But yet you still have racist whites make up laws to keep other minorities in line and white officers that kill innocent black men and are never convicted, but yet you don't complain about that

Please, this is just the type of response I would expect for someone needed justification and a scapegoat. PATHETIC.

Your apparant ignorant rants about the how much the whiteman have done so much for those poor ungrateful negroes is assinine and childish. Your rant would go over better in stromfront or your own neighborhood lowbrow bar.

If Martin was scared, he should have ran or called 911. He didn't. So obviously he was stupid or he wasn't scared. Zimmerman told the dispatcher that Martin approached his car and looked at him. Sounds SCARED to me.
If someone was following your dumbass in the dark would you run home where there was no one there but your little brother? Why would anyone draw someone to their house whose is following them. There is nothing but zimmerman's lying word proving that Trayvon was anywhere near his truck.

Personally, I'm suprised that you were able to write this nonsense since apparently you do not understand the word "research" or posses the ability to think independently without the help of the NN (nazis network)

Old 06-29-2013, 05:00 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,673,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
I think if I was wrestling with someone and felt the need to unholster my gun and stick it in my opponents chest I might say, "this is over now M**F**er, get away from me" before squeezing the trigger. Of course if Zimmy would have done that he wouldn't have his trophy - just sayin'.
I think because Zimmerman had a distorted view of Trayvon as a dangerous criminal, he felt justified in shooting him even though the altercation was not yet life-threatening for him. It sounds like two guys rolling around on the ground and fighting. If every time that happened, it ended up with someone being shot to death, we'd have even more murders than we do.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:02 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,673,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
From the pictures the prosecution showed in court, Good's patio/porch seemed right there when Martin was shot. Also, and I believe I'm correct, Good's statement about the coloring of the clothing of the person on bottom was in his initial statement. In addition, and the one most relevant I think was that he said the person on bottom was light skinned. He thought initially it was a white guy and said he later learned Zimmerman was Hispanic. His initial statement, at least what was shown in court, was consistent in this regard.
thanks. I tried to find witness initial statements, the written ones, and found them once, but haven't found them again.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:09 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,391,711 times
Quote:
I think because Zimmerman had a distorted view of Trayvon as a dangerous criminal, he felt justified in shooting him even though the altercation was not yet life-threatening for him. It sounds like two guys rolling around on the ground and fighting. If every time that happened, it ended up with someone being shot to death, we'd have even more murders than we do.
I think Zimmerman had good reason to believe he (Zimmerman) earned a good ass-kicking.

He had to overcome that good reason, and so far, he has.

We'll see what the jury decides.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:11 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,056,217 times
Quote:
thanks. I tried to find witness initial statements, the written ones, and found them once, but haven't found them again.
Like you said, it could be a failing on the prosecution's part but the way it seemed in court, Good was right there.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,424,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Fortunately for us All, a juror's decision needs to be based on the evidence presented in Court. If people are convicted of a crime not because they were proven guilty of a crime, but jurors Think he's lying regardless of insufficient proof, we are doomed. There must be no reasonable doubt to the jurors that the Prosecution has proven their case. Even if the jury thinks Zimmerman is less than credible, they must have no reasonable doubts that the Prosecution has proven their case.

If you think about that for a minute, I think you'll understand where that could take the wheels right off of our society.

Great review of the jury selection and interaction.

Zimmerman Trial Final Jury Wrap-Up: Insights on Trial Strategy

I disagree.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:17 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,528,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Okay, here's my take thus far on the trial (as many of you know I am learning about the events as I do). I am just about caught up now. Unless the prosecution has some big shocker or slam dunk thing coming up, they haven't made their case at all thus far. Seriously, at this point, I should feel like it's a slam dunk against Zimmerman since it's the prosecution's turn but if anything, I feel like it's the other way around. I am interested to see what the prosecution has in store because right now, it looks very bad for them.
Spoiler Alert.

Ther's one more eyewitness who's 911 call and Initial statement were supportive of gz on the ground yelling for help.

A prediction --- when the state starts to introduce gz's statements along with the forensic evidence, you'll no longer think it looks like a slam dunk for gz.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:29 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,675,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Did gz pull his gun before or after he was on the ground.

'porky pig' ? I don't know, should I say stop it, or when did Rachel make a videotape. Stop it.
That is the question, isn't it.

Maybe he did pull his gun out at the tee and that's why martin's body was found so far away from it. Maybe martin saw it and tried to run away.

We'll never get the truth from a liar.

Sorry for the 'porky pig', but that's what I think whenever I see zimmerman's face. Actually, the real Porky Pig had more 'animation' (pun not intended) in his face than zimmerman ever exhibited since the killing.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:29 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,915,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Elmer Fudd! I suspect you meant Trey Gowdy.
Works for me. I see you knew to whom I was referring, so as Killery would say, "What difference does it make?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies