Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 04:06 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,754,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Then go back to your fantasy land and play there with yourself. I am discussing the real world issue. Gays exist. Their arguments about rights exist. People exist. This topic/thread is about that. I want to discuss the topic. You want to derail it. Spot the difference.

Yes they are. And I feel deeply about those issues too. But this thread is not about those issues, is it? If you want to discuss those issues then found a thread and I will be right there with you.

Again if you have an issue with my presence take it up with the mods. I am the one trying to stay on topic here. You are derailing it. Only you are breaking the forum rules not me.

If you do not want to discuss the topic then why come into a thread on the topic?
if you are talking about "gay rights" you are talking about nothing other than money. if you think you aren't, you are the one living in fantasy land.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:08 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,377,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Of course you mention nothing about money because you like the rest of your buddies don't ever pony any up you just think you know how to spend others money. Same game different issue.
If and when the topic comes up and is relevant to the thread I am perfectly willing to discuss it.

What is happening however is you are derailing the topic of the thread by ignoring it and going off on a rant. Or ignoring what I am saying and topic leaping to other things like money.

Read the things I have actually written ON TOPIC and reply to them. Otherwise, why bother wasting your time on the thread or talking to me at all?

Quote:
Take it up with the mods? Take what up?
If you have an issue with me being on the board when I am not in the US, or with me discussing the actual topic of the thread, then take that up with the mods. If you do not have an issue with it then drop it and stop derailing the thread.

This thread is about gay rights. Do you have something on topic to add, or do you wish to reply to something I have said about that topic?

Quote:
I guess you don't like being told reality. The "mods" have enough trouble dealing with you babies I don't bother em.
What reality am I being told? For example above i was being told about some imaginary friends opinion on the topic. That is not reality.

The reality is here gays exist and they feel they should have certain rights. Do we think they should not? If not, why not?

Old 07-04-2013, 04:09 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Then go back to your fantasy land and play there with yourself. I am discussing the real world issue. Gays exist. Their arguments about rights exist. People exist. This topic/thread is about that. I want to discuss the topic. You want to derail it. Spot the difference.

Yes they are. And I feel deeply about those issues too. But this thread is not about those issues, is it? If you want to discuss those issues then found a thread and I will be right there with you.

Again if you have an issue with my presence take it up with the mods. I am the one trying to stay on topic here. You are derailing it. Only you are breaking the forum rules not me.

If you do not want to discuss the topic then why come into a thread on the topic?
Gays exist but they aren't a real world issue. Hell they aren't even a major US issue unless you listen to the babble on the news. What is it 5% or so of the country is gay? Well good for them. Be gay and be happy. That is not an issue that effects the daily lives of the other 95% of the country. Your "feelings" are appreciated but like I said nobody cares. Maybe if you cared about getting some folks a job you would get better feedback from us US folks? LOL

Old 07-04-2013, 04:10 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
If and when the topic comes up and is relevant to the thread I am perfectly willing to discuss it.

What is happening however is you are derailing the topic of the thread by ignoring it and going off on a rant. Or ignoring what I am saying and topic leaping to other things like money.

Read the things I have actually written ON TOPIC and reply to them. Otherwise, why bother wasting your time on the thread or talking to me at all?

If you have an issue with me being on the board when I am not in the US, or with me discussing the actual topic of the thread, then take that up with the mods. If you do not have an issue with it then drop it and stop derailing the thread.

This thread is about gay rights. Do you have something on topic to add, or do you wish to reply to something I have said about that topic?

What reality am I being told? For example above i was being told about some imaginary friends opinion on the topic. That is not reality.

The reality is here gays exist and they feel they should have certain rights. Do we think they should not? If not, why not?
Your circle is complete. Your ramblings have come to meet themselves. Enjoy.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
if you are talking about "gay rights" you are talking about nothing other than money. if you think you aren't, you are the one living in fantasy land.
If you say so but assertion does not a fact make.

If you unpack anything enough then it is about money at _some_ level because that is the structure we build our society on. But how much pedantry does one have to assign to make that true? More than I have that is for sure.

The topic is about gay rights. What rights are they asking for that people here feel they should not have? What are the arguments... including money ones.... against them having those rights?

Old 07-04-2013, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Gays exist but they aren't a real world issue.
That are part of the real world. They are asking for certain rights in the real world. So yes it is a real world issue.

Quote:
Hell they aren't even a major US issue
Who says they need to be? It is an issue, it is the topic of the thread, and we are discussing it. If you feel it is not important enough to discuss... then stop. It does not mean the rest of the world has to follow your lead.

If you do not wish to discuss the topic then simply leave the field son.

Quote:
Maybe if you cared about getting some folks a job you would get better feedback from us US folks? LOL
Who says I am not? Once again: It is not the topic of THIS thread so I will not be discussing it here. Sticking to the topic of THIS thread... something you clearly can not do... does not mean I have no interest in other issues. It just means I do not want to derail THIS topic discussing them.

Quote:
Your circle is complete. Your ramblings have come to meet themselves. Enjoy.
And more personal comments. Lets return to the topic of the thread son.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
You must agree with the liberals or else!
I would prefer saying "If you do not agree with me then I would love to hear exactly why."

I do not subscribe to the US divide between left and right, liberal and conservative. I do not identify with any of these labels. My position is as I said "Here is what I think, if you disagree please tell me why" or "I have heard what you have said and this is why I disagree with you".

What is wrong with that? If you feel there is hypocrisy then simply lead by example. Discuss the actual topic and its merits and demerits maturely and intelligently. WHY do you disagree. Is it just because you have some issue with the label "Liberal" or have you any specific arguments to the topic to make.

It is too easy to ignore the arguments being made in a discussion.... slap some generic and near meaningless label like "Liberal" on people.... attack the label... and then beat a hasty retreat with your tail between your legs. We can all do that, on any topic, anywhere, but then nothing gets discussed or achieved by anyone except the perpetuation of empty "Us against them" tribal attitudes directed at arbitrarily assigned labels.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:19 AM

Quote:
If you say so but assertion does not a fact make.

If you unpack anything enough then it is about money at _some_ level because that is the structure we build our society on. But how much pedantry does one have to assign to make that true? More than I have that is for sure.

The topic is about gay rights. What rights are they asking for that people here feel they should not have? What are the arguments... including money ones.... against them having those rights?
the topic of gay rights is a topic about gay greed. they want the monetary benefit$ that come with marriage. I don't think anyone should get federal benefits for signing a state contract. it's discrimination.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:27 AM

Quote:
the topic of gay rights is a topic about gay greed.
Another assertion. Unpack it though to see what we mean here. Which "right" are they asking for that you think is "greed". For example their wish to be able to marry..... and receive all the same rights, inheritence, next of kin, guardianship and tax status that you and I receive automatically when we do so..... is that greedy? If so how? Why? Where?

Quote:
they want the monetary benefit$ that come with marriage.
So they want exactly what every one else has? That does not sound like "greed" at all. Thats an appeal for equality. If they wanted more than you had... like better tax rates for example... then I would 100% fight with you against them. But as long as they are simply asking for what we already have... whats the issue? Why do you worry about it? What harm will it cause? What are the arguments against it?

Old 07-04-2013, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Another assertion. Unpack it though to see what we mean here. Which "right" are they asking for that you think is "greed". For example their wish to be able to marry..... and receive all the same rights, inheritence, next of kin, guardianship and tax status that you and I receive automatically when we do so..... is that greedy? If so how? Why? Where?

So they want exactly what every one else has? That does not sound like "greed" at all. Thats an appeal for equality. If they wanted more than you had... like better tax rates for example... then I would 100% fight with you against them. But as long as they are simply asking for what we already have... whats the issue? Why do you worry about it? What harm will it cause? What are the arguments against it?

you forgot this part of my comment when you decided to cherry pick mine.

" I don't think anyone should get federal benefits for signing a state contract. it's discrimination."

clear enough for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies