Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 03:10 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What's the difference?

Since you seem to be familiar with the Bible, would you post the verse saying that it's okay for homosexuals to "marry?" Or that being a homosexual is okay in the first place?
You have trouble with the concept of the bible not being relevant, don't you?

Old 07-02-2013, 07:32 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,377,197 times
Quote:
Anyway, whatever else you find in the Bible doesn't make homosexuality acceptable (according to the Bible).
If there was any reason to think we should be living by the bible, or that this thread was about the bible, you might actually have a point (might).

But we are not. We are having a real world conversation about rights in the real world. Not in a work of fiction you randomly plucked off your shelf. Nor the world of bronze aged peasantry.

We are here, today, in the real world.

Join us there whenever you are ready.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:36 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
R.A. Heinlein, in his writings, approves of same sex marriages.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:04 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
What's the difference?

Since you seem to be familiar with the Bible, would you post the verse saying that it's okay for homosexuals to "marry?" Or that being a homosexual is okay in the first place?
What's the difference? Funny how you keep using the Bible as your argument, but when somebody points out the inaccuracies of your argument, suddenly it's unimportant. Also funny how you use a (translated) passage from Leviticus, but when asked if you follow the other laws of Leviticus, it's always "oh, those laws are just applicable to Jews." Make up your mind, do you follow the laws of Leviticus or not??

FYI: I've read that same passage in its original Hebrew, and the words are very different... do you read Hebrew? If not, you're just trusting some modern dude's (rather shoddy) translation - which isn't even that clear in English, let alone in Hebrew, Greek, or Aramaic. Not that any of this matters, mind you, since the Bible doesn't dictate our nation's laws. If you want to live in a theocratic nation where they persecute homosexuals based on their religious texts, Saudi Arabia might be a good place to start. Go live there for a while, then report back to us on how a religion-based society works out for everyone.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:06 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,142,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
What a whole lot of babble and you STILL haven't answered the question. At what age did you choose your sexual orientation? 6? 16?
It took you that long to figure out that I wasnt going to answer your old baseless question?....hell, I was trying to save YOU some time...you know Im all about helping others...Even AFTER I specifically told you I wasnt going to address that lil irrational question, you're still over there pining for an answer.....lmao...I thought you were supposed to be one of the "educated" ones...

Old 07-02-2013, 06:14 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,142,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
ROTFLMAO! I'm so glad YOU don't put a label on people.
This is priceless!
lol..quit overreacting.

Its not half as priceless as investing in some reading lessons would be for you so that you could take the time to look closely enough to notice that I never actually labeled Fuselage anything in that post.. Glad I made you smile though...Im sure you needed it

Old 07-03-2013, 01:43 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
What's the difference? Funny how you keep using the Bible as your argument, but when somebody points out the inaccuracies of your argument, suddenly it's unimportant. Also funny how you use a (translated) passage from Leviticus, but when asked if you follow the other laws of Leviticus, it's always "oh, those laws are just applicable to Jews." Make up your mind, do you follow the laws of Leviticus or not??
I follow the laws in Leviticus
homosexuality is one of the few laws that apply to non jews.

Quote:
do you read Hebrew?
yes
Quote:
FYI: I've read that same passage in its original Hebrew, and the words are very different...
no their not

Old 07-03-2013, 01:47 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,377,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
The rules of your club/hobby do not apply to anyone except people who are in your club/hobby.

The local golf club to me demands that every member while on the course wear ridiculous checkered pants and white shoes. No one else has to. Just the people in that club.

There is no reason to think the laws of Leviticus apply to anyone except those who choose to follow them. There is no evidence, argument, data or reasoning on offer to lend even a modicum of credence to the claim there even is a god.

So lets stick to reasons why we should support or not support gay rights out here in the real world shall we and not what you want to do, or not do, in your clubhouse.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:47 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,610,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
You only say that because you hate gays.

Leviticus says that eating pork is just as grave of an offense against God (abomination) as male homosexuality. So does that apply to non-Jews too?

Old 07-03-2013, 02:03 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
It took you that long to figure out that I wasnt going to answer your old baseless question?....hell, I was trying to save YOU some time...you know Im all about helping others...Even AFTER I specifically told you I wasnt going to address that lil irrational question, you're still over there pining for an answer.....lmao...I thought you were supposed to be one of the "educated" ones...
Lol! Understood. When a simple question is far too difficult for you to answer, you dig in your heels and respond with the above. Too complicated? Too confusing? Why is it so hard to address the query? You don't know at what age you "chose" your sexual orientation? Were you a little kid or a teenager? An adult?
You can post reams of text about not buying into labels or how the question is irrational. Seems pretty rational to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies