Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 05:06 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Of course he doesn't! First he says people aren't born gay or straight, but refuses to answer as when he chose his orientation. Walls of text playing with semantics as to why he refuses to answer, then resorting to barbs and put downs, calling people illiterate.
He's got nothing. You know it and I know it, but we can allow him to foam at the mouth and shake his little fists in the air, babbling about labels and how everyone else is too stupid to understand him.
Hey now weltschmerz, you oughta know me better than that by now ..lol I dont make personal attacks unless they're made against me...Thems the rules I go by. But once you personally attack me, we're going to go tic for tack with insults until we get the thread closed down...lol because I mean, I never said anyone is too stupid to understand me...Perhaps I WOULD say that you're not making such a great case for the two of you, but you cant say I said you're stupid...I just said you cant read...Or, maybe you can read, and you're just choosing not to..IDK. Because, think about it: Im babbling and shaking my fist in the air, as you say and Ive written SOOO many walls of text, and yet you're still reading it and whining to us all about it.. That doesnt sound like someone who's very confident in their own contention to me.

I noticed you havent answered my question either though: why is it so important to you whether others believe the same thing as you if they believe everyone's rights should be equally protected? I noticed you're struggling with disagreement; irrespective of whether it makes sense to you or not, you must admit, its interesting how easily you are distracted from the forest for looking at the trees. It suggests to me that there are personal issues and control issues that have gone unaddressed.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,319,224 times
Well, I'm off to the Jazz Festival! Maybe when I get back, he'll think of another way to avoid the question.
Later, kids!
Behave.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:12 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Well, I'm off to the Jazz Festival! Maybe when I get back, he'll think of another way to avoid the question.
Later, kids!
Behave.
Thats the spirit..take a breather...get some balance in your life!..

But dont worry, I will come up with something specially for you...You enjoy playing with your legos...I mean your 'jazz festival'..lol

Old 07-03-2013, 09:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,319,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Thats the spirit..take a breather...get some balance in your life!..

But dont worry, I will come up with something specially for you...You enjoy playing with your legos...I mean your 'jazz festival'..lol
I guess it's inconceivable to you that someone could be smack in the middle of the biggest International Jazz Festival on earth. Roberto Lopez from Columbia was so-so. Nick Waterhouse out of L.A. was unbelievable. Perfect meld of hard rock and jazz. Killer sax solos.
Maybe you should climb down off that pedestal of yours once in a while and go outside.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:22 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,300,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
You have trouble with the concept of the bible not being relevant, don't you?
They why do the non-believers keep bring it up?

Old 07-03-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
If there was any reason to think we should be living by the bible, or that this thread was about the bible, you might actually have a point (might).

But we are not. We are having a real world conversation about rights in the real world. Not in a work of fiction you randomly plucked off your shelf. Nor the world of bronze aged peasantry.

We are here, today, in the real world.

Join us there whenever you are ready.
That's not the point... whether we should be living by the Bible.

I asked to show where in the Bible it says it's okay for homosexuals to get "married" and there has been no answer.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
What's the difference? Funny how you keep using the Bible as your argument, but when somebody points out the inaccuracies of your argument, suddenly it's unimportant. Also funny how you use a (translated) passage from Leviticus, but when asked if you follow the other laws of Leviticus, it's always "oh, those laws are just applicable to Jews." Make up your mind, do you follow the laws of Leviticus or not??

FYI: I've read that same passage in its original Hebrew, and the words are very different... do you read Hebrew? If not, you're just trusting some modern dude's (rather shoddy) translation - which isn't even that clear in English, let alone in Hebrew, Greek, or Aramaic. Not that any of this matters, mind you, since the Bible doesn't dictate our nation's laws. If you want to live in a theocratic nation where they persecute homosexuals based on their religious texts, Saudi Arabia might be a good place to start. Go live there for a while, then report back to us on how a religion-based society works out for everyone.
I said "what's the difference" because nowhere in the Bible does it allow homosexuals to "marry."

Old 07-03-2013, 10:46 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,489,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I said "what's the difference" because nowhere in the Bible does it allow homosexuals to "marry."
So what, your bible is not relevant to any one but you and those who want to believe in it. It has no place in law, nor in everyones life. Same sex marriage is about equality under the law, not equality under the bible, stow your bible away and stop bashing others with it.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
So what, your bible is not relevant to any one but you and those who want to believe in it. It has no place in law, nor in everyones life. Same sex marriage is about equality under the law, not equality under the bible, stow your bible away and stop bashing others with it.
So what? You should ask the person who brought up the Bible in the first place.

And "equality" is just another way of saying "lets change the definition of marriage."

I'm not bashing anyone. Repeating what is in the Bible is not bashing.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:00 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,371,160 times
Quote:
That's not the point... whether we should be living by the Bible.
It was MY point. So it was the point. You do not get to tell me what my points are or are not. You only get to make your own. Try it sometime.

Quote:
I asked to show where in the Bible it says it's okay for homosexuals to get "married" and there has been no answer.
And my answer to this is that it is irrelevant and off topic. The Bible has nothing to do with gay rights. It should have nothing to do with any rights, at all. It is just a book and one that we have no reason to think is anything but a work of fiction.

So can we return to the real world and the topic now, when youre ready?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies