Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 01:29 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
You only say that because you hate gays.

Leviticus says that eating pork is just as grave of an offense against God (abomination) as male homosexuality. So does that apply to non-Jews too?
1. eating pork's punishment is lashes, male homosexual relations is a death penalty.
2. male homosexual relations applies to non jews pork doesn't.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:43 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
So what? You should ask the person who brought up the Bible in the first place.

And "equality" is just another way of saying "lets change the definition of marriage."

I'm not bashing anyone. Repeating what is in the Bible is not bashing.
Using your bible against others in judgement is bashing.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:52 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,376,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
1. eating pork's punishment is lashes, male homosexual relations is a death penalty.
2. male homosexual relations applies to non jews pork doesn't.
No. Once again. Your rules of your club apply to no one but the people in that club.

Your fantasy rules do not apply to the rest of us. At all.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:01 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
What about fantasy football. Can I draft a muslim ballplayer?

Old 07-04-2013, 02:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Same sex marriage is the law of the land now whether we like it or not, and I don't. It will take a different Supreme Court to reverse this decision just like it did with the Dred Scot decision. Might as well accept that we have lost this battle and get used to the new Gay America. More court action will just burn up money and ultimately lose after this SCOTUS debacle. It's over.
Why is it so important to be concerned about Americas gay community? I have many friends,co workers and family and i dont know any gay people so i'm wondering why should any one care if a same sex couple who live down the street or in the neighborhood want to get married, why is this a topic of major concern in America today, the issue has no impact on my life whatsoever.. like who cares?

Old 07-04-2013, 02:14 AM

Most aren't. The news media and democrats are milking it for everything it's worth though. If you recall Obama was a supporter of DOMA until around 8 months prior to the last election then he realized the gay vote could be had and he made a big switch. That is what it's all about. Useful idiots lap it up. Most just want everybody to live and be happy. Our wonderful leaders have to divide and conquer though. That sums it all up. Paint one side as evil and pretend to support the other and the "evil" side gets upset and fights back and there you have it.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:18 AM

This is of course what they want..........

Video shows men attacking religious protesters at Pridefest | KOMO Crime Blotter | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

Old 07-04-2013, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Why is it so important to be concerned about Americas gay community? I have many friends,co workers and family and i dont know any gay people so i'm wondering why should any one care if a same sex couple who live down the street or in the neighborhood want to get married, why is this a topic of major concern in America today, the issue has no impact on my life whatsoever.. like who cares?
Perhaps some people look beyond themselves and are concerned about human rights in the global community?

Old 07-04-2013, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Perhaps some people look beyond themselves and are concerned about human rights in the global community?
You worry about the "global community" and see how much they care about you. I worry about the old USofA. We are going to **** right now. Maybe you need to center your "global" concerns around here and then work your way out??

Old 07-04-2013, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You worry about the "global community" and see how much they care about you.
Not my concern. I only worry about my own thoughts and actions. Not theirs. Their doing right or wrong will not influence how I decide to do right or wrong.

And yes I am concerned about the rights of others. In my house. In my street. In my country. In my world.

I am not a woman but I am concerned for womens rights. I am not a child and yet I am concerned for childrens rights. I am not homeless but I do work for the homeless.

And yes, I am not gay but I do concern myself with the rights of homosexuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Maybe you need to center your "global" concerns around here and then work your way out??
Why? I am not in the USA. Never claimed to be. I am from Ireland and I live in Germany.

Also I can think locally and globally at the same time. One does not preclude the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies