Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 03:45 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
They do discriminate based on the GENDER of the person I marry.

A man can marry a woman, but a woman can not marry a woman = discrimination based on GENDER
A woman can marry a man, but a man can not marry a man = discrimination based on gender.

You're just not smart enough to understand GENDER discrimination.
So just to be clear
you agree "gays" as a class are not being discriminated against.

men and woman are?

Old 07-01-2013, 03:48 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
So just to be clear
you agree "gays" as a class are not being discriminated against.

men and woman are?
Considering that sexual orientation is not a protected class under the constitution, yes.

Gender is a protected classification.
Race is a protected classification.
Religion is a protected classification.

Can you show me how this is not discrimination based on gender?

Old 07-01-2013, 03:53 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,934 times
Congrats on this big step in equality! Another blow to the gay haters. They keep coming. The gay haters keep fighting thier losing battle to spread evil, but they are losing.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:56 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Congrats on this big step in equality! Another blow to the gay haters. They keep coming. The gay haters keep fighting thier losing battle to spread evil, but they are losing.
Gay haters? Can't someone just disagree with a traditional marriage between gays but advocate for civil unions instead without being called a hater? The adolescents who have to resort to those nasty labels who post under this topic and others make me sick to my stomach. A difference of opinion does not make one a hater.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:04 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Can't someone just disagree with a traditional marriage between gays but advocate for civil unions instead without being called a hater?
see, though, there is no such thing as "traditional" marriage, because "traditionally" marriage was about owning property, sharing wealth, treating women as property and making sure that the child she gives birth to belongs to the husband (but doesn't stop said husband from having children with mistresses).

Old 07-01-2013, 04:07 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,934 times
Quote:
Gay haters? Can't someone just disagree with a traditional marriage between gays but advocate for civil unions instead without being called a hater? The adolescents who have to resort to those nasty labels who post under this topic and others make me sick to my stomach. A difference of opinion does not make one a hater.
A difference of opinion? No hate. However, I repeatedly see mean, spiteful things said about me. I have not seen one valid reason for arguing that gay people should not be allowed to marry. The anti-gay crowd says the nastiest things about gay people. I don't see you calling them out? Why not?

So, yeah. I Love my fiancé. We are getting married. Thier are two reasons someone would want to prevent that: they are either scared due to ignorance, or they hate us. Period. If me marrying my fiancé causes harm in ANY way, to anyone, then I could understand someone disagreeing with us getting married. IT HURTS NO ONE. Therefore: if you want to keep me from marrying my fiancé, you are either ignorant and need to learn that gay people need not be feared; or you hate me.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:26 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Considering that sexual orientation is not a protected class under the constitution, yes.

Gender is a protected classification.
Race is a protected classification.
Religion is a protected classification.

Can you show me how this is not discrimination based on gender?
no one want to hurt men or woman as a class by not allowing them to "marry"

Old 07-01-2013, 04:31 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
A difference of opinion? No hate. However, I repeatedly see mean, spiteful things said about me. I have not seen one valid reason for arguing that gay people should not be allowed to marry. The anti-gay crowd says the nastiest things about gay people. I don't see you calling them out? Why not?

So, yeah. I Love my fiancé. We are getting married. Thier are two reasons someone would want to prevent that: they are either scared due to ignorance, or they hate us. Period. If me marrying my fiancé causes harm in ANY way, to anyone, then I could understand someone disagreeing with us getting married. IT HURTS NO ONE. Therefore: if you want to keep me from marrying my fiancé, you are either ignorant and need to learn that gay people need not be feared; or you hate me.
Why do you people keep doing this? What's wrong with you? I don't hate gays at all. I have worked with many and they were among the nicest people I have ever known. I have a gay cousin. It has nothing to do with hate but my personal belief that a traditional marriage should be between a man and a woman. I have no problem with civil unions for gays. Got it now? So stop with your damned hate labels!!!

Old 07-01-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
no one want to hurt men or woman as a class by not allowing them to "marry"
Can you translate this into English, please?

Old 07-01-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Why do you people keep doing this? What's wrong with you? I don't hate gays at all. I have worked with many and they were among the nicest people I have ever known. I have a gay cousin. It has nothing to do with hate but my personal belief that a traditional marriage should be between a man and a woman. I have no problem with civil unions for gays. Got it now? So stop with your damned hate labels!!!
Then YOU can choose to have a "traditional" marriage, and I will choose to have a legal civil marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies