Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 04:35 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why do you people keep doing this? What's wrong with you? I don't hate gays at all. I have worked with many and they were among the nicest people I have ever known. I have a gay cousin. It has nothing to do with hate but my personal belief that a traditional marriage should be between a man and a woman. I have no problem with civil unions for gays. Got it now? So stop with your damned hate labels!!!
Civil Unions did not and do not grant the benefits of marriage. You need to try not get so angry over a word.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:39 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,543,399 times
Quote:
Why do you people keep doing this? What's wrong with you? I don't hate gays at all. I have worked with many and they were among the nicest people I have ever known. I have a gay cousin. It has nothing to do with hate but my personal belief that a traditional marriage should be between a man and a woman. I have no problem with civil unions for gays. Got it now? So stop with your damned hate labels!!!
Since marriage is a legal definition and not solely owned by religion it should be offered to same - sex couples as well. Many straights can get married without any religion involved.

You may not hate gays, but your lack of understanding that equal is equal and only allowing civil unions to gays is not equal nor fair does begs the question why? If it's because of your faith, fine, you live by that faith, but denying others equal rights because of what you believe may not be hate, but it sure isn't love.

Last edited by Natnasci; 07-01-2013 at 05:11 PM..

Old 07-01-2013, 04:41 PM

62,888 posts, read 29,114,800 times
I am done with this BS! I can't believe the number of Americans who cannot debate civilly and feel the need to hurl nasty unwarranted labels at those who don't agree with them. It is just as much my right to object to traditional marriage for gays as it is your right to advocate for them. The intolerance for another opinion and childish antics in here are simply mind boggling.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:42 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,410 times
Quote:
I am done with this BS! I can't believe the number of Americans who cannot debate civilly and feel the need to hurl nasty unwarranted labels at those who don't agree with them. It is just as much my right to object to traditional marriage for gays as it is your right to advocate for them. The intolerance for another opinion and childish antics in here are simply mind boggling.
K. Bye!

Old 07-01-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
To put it into perspective, replace the word gay with Jew, or black or Italians. Now do you see why people get upset?

Old 07-01-2013, 04:53 PM

46,945 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
It is just as much my right to object to traditional marriage for gays...
Absolutely. And it is everybody else's right to call you a bit of a bigot for doing so.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Absolutely. And it is everybody else's right to call you a bit of a bigot for doing so.
" bit of a bigot " I like the sound of that. It has a nice rhythmic flow.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:20 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Then please explain why your rights get trampled upon every time a gay couple gets a marriage license.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:39 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Can you translate this into English, please?
normal men and woman don't think that their discriminated against

Old 07-01-2013, 10:10 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,203 times
Quote:
Gay haters? Can't someone just disagree with a traditional marriage between gays but advocate for civil unions instead without being called a hater?
Sure! But we're dealing here with people who refer to gay people as "people" or describe them as sick and deviant and perverted. At some length. And make up all sorts of weird conspiracy theories about plans to destroy straight marriage or pretend to get married for the for the benefits too. They deserve scorn and derision.

Civil unions? Not good enough. That opens the door for laws to be passed that will apply to marriages but not civil unions. Separate but equal is not equal. I'm not going to budge on it, so there's no need to argue with me about it, but I don't see the need to get uncivil about it and neither should you.

But if you're going to argue against gay marriage on the grounds that homos are godless deviants who will ruin the country with their sick ways I have no respect for you, and I have trouble seeing why the label 'bigot' wouldn't apply. I understand it upsets those labeled such, but I don't think it was supposed to ever be a term of endearment so their offense really shouldn't come as a surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies