Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2013, 12:45 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
She indicated she'd not reholster her firearm until the threat was over. Remember, George said in the interview he was surprised to hear he was dead. But at the scene, he was straddling TM and holding onto his arms spread out. (I'm not sure where his gun was when he did all this).

So When did GZ think the threat was over?
When he was no longer attacking him. DUH!!!!!

Old 07-01-2013, 12:45 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Ooops, officer just said she didn't see anything that made her think Zimmerman was lying in his statements and that there were no significant inconsistencies between the different statements.
Months and months ago I told an experienced criminal investigator that I'd be suspicious if gz's telling of what happened stayed Exactly the same each time. I was told I was wrong, so what does Singleton know.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:46 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
She indicated she'd not reholster her firearm until the threat was over. Remember, George said in the interview he was surprised to hear he was dead. But at the scene, he was straddling TM and holding onto his arms spread out. (I'm not sure where his gun was when he did all this).

So When did GZ think the threat was over?
Excellent point!

Also, how did Trayvon's arms get tucked under his body if zimmerman was holding them out?

He Lies!
He Lies like a rug.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:47 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
So I had a meeting that lasted through the lunch break and I'm just now back. Anything significant happen after the lunch break? I'll likely watch what I missed later but just curious if something 'big' happened or was revealed.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:47 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Just some interesting FYI about this witness:
He was demoted due to the uproar over this case.
He has stated that he was pressured to charge Zimmerman and did not believe they had enough to charge him. He rewrote the charging document 5 times in one afternoon trying to make it sound right so they could charge him.

He has hired Jose Baez to represent him.
Will the prosecution bring this information out for the jury?

They should.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:50 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Just some interesting FYI about this witness:
He was demoted due to the uproar over this case.
He has stated that he was pressured to charge Zimmerman and did not believe they had enough to charge him. He rewrote the charging document 5 times in one afternoon trying to make it sound right so they could charge him.

He has hired Jose Baez to represent him.
Investigator: Zimmerman missed opportunities to defuse situation - CNN.com

"Sanford Sgt. David Morgenstern said the change is not a demotion and he said he did not know why Serino requested the move."

Old 07-01-2013, 12:51 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Months and months ago I told an experienced criminal investigator that I'd be suspicious if gz's telling of what happened stayed Exactly the same each time. I was told I was wrong, so what does Singleton know.

[Now Bernie is attacking Singleton ]
It's weird to watch the prosecution call a witness and then end up attacking their own witnesses on the stand, isn't it?
I think the only ones they haven't attacked were the ones O'Mara proved have completely lied. Or ones that added absolutely nothing to the case (T-Mobile guy). So every serious prosecution witness has been discredited by the defense or attacked by the prosecution.

Using Singleton as the first officer this week was a huge mistake. The only thing the prosecution has left are Zimmerman's statements, and as the officer who first introduced those statements, she established that there were no major inconsistencies.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:52 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
this is why cameras shouldnt be in the court room.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Did she just say he had blood coming out of one ear? The police are lucky he didn't have serious complications later since they told the EMT they would take him to the hospital and then did not.
DO keep up. Z refused transport!

Old 07-01-2013, 12:54 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Investigator: Zimmerman missed opportunities to defuse situation - CNN.com

"Sanford Sgt. David Morgenstern said the change is not a demotion and he said he did not know why Serino requested the move."
Are you debating whether he was demoted? He went from a detective back to the patrol division on the graveyard shift. It was a demotion. But take heart, CNN is hoping the demoted officer will turn around the case.

CNN Guests Wonder If Mysteriously Demoted Zimmerman Detective Will Revive Prosecution’s Case
Zimmerman Trial Detective Chris Serino Trayvon Martin VIDEO | Mediaite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies