Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 10:57 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Seems to me if the state is trying to use Zimmermans past to establish state of mind that is crucial to getting a 2nd degree murder charge. The defense should be allowed to do the same. I guess we will see.
I could see that happening if the state tried to argue that TM didn't start the fight, but unless they try to argue that I can't see TM's past being admissible.

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
So, the witness demonstrated that it takes two hands to shoot George's gun? So, how did George manage that again?
No she didn't.

5,064 posts, read 5,731,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I added in my head that Zimmerman made those statements? He made them. We've all heard them say it. Of course he wasn't angry after he killed him. That's common sense. Serino did not say that he didn't sound angry on the recorded call, he also thought Zimmerman's attitude was strange and that he exaggerated his injuries. It matter what the jury finds compelling. I answers the question that I was asked and I can't make up what he says in the 911 call or the fact that he was carrying a loaded gun around and got out of his car to follow someone that he referred to as an *******, punk and suspect.

I don't know if you are not watching the trial or if you are blocking out the parts that you don't want to hear. But Serino did testify about the NEN call.
I assume you are equally concerned about Trayvon's language and anger when he called Zimmerman a creepy a** cracker? Right?

Old 07-03-2013, 11:00 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Seems to me if the state is trying to use Zimmermans past to establish state of mind that is crucial to getting a 2nd degree murder charge. The defense should be allowed to do the same. I guess we will see.

Martin's past absolutely will not come in unless the prosecution somehow opens that door during their direct examination to one of their witnesses. Martin's mother's testimony will be the most risky in that regard. The Court has already ruled on that twice now......the first time, the ruling was no, Martin repuation information will NOT come in, and it was the same the second time she ruled no.

Zimmerman's records were not brought in in regard to Zimmerman's reputation but rather for impeachment of Zimmerman's statements that he didn't know anything about SYG law, which I believe he said during the Hannity interview.

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Neither side has proved who was hands on first. But, we do know Geroge was the aggressor....following even on foot. Even after the kid ran, as Geroge told the operator.
So, the witness demonstrated that it takes two hands to shoot George's gun? So, how did George manage that again?
No she didn't. She demonstrated it's double action. In layman's terms, it's a longer trigger pull without having to click off a safety.

5,450 posts, read 8,764,557 times
Quote:
That was very telling to me. Normally when confronted with this interview technique suspects confess or lawyer up. He was relieved. Now just because he thinks he acted reasonably doesn't mean he did legally but atleast it shows to me he didn't act with depraved indifference. The prosecution should have went for manslaughter.
I agree that the charges brought forth were not the proper ones to file based on the evidence thus far. I'm wondering if they did file lesser charges as well? If they did, they have a shot at that.

Rather than an evidence inspired case, this one was media/public inspired.

7,783 posts, read 6,088,745 times
Quote:
Neither side has proved who was hands on first. But, we do know Geroge was the aggressor....following even on foot. Even after the kid ran, as Geroge told the operator.
Are you saying that putting your hands on someone is less aggressive than following someone? It's a fact that someone started the physical altercation. It's just not a fact who did. Based on GZ's injuries and the lack of any injury other than the gunshot, it appears that TM started it. I don't see how else the jury can see it.

The witness used her left hand so the jury could see it. She had to hold it steady with both hands, since she is obviously right handed.

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
you're really getting desperate now.

skittles should have kept his hands to himself.
Not desperate it's true. What I believe is subjective. That's why the word "reasonably" is there. Anyone can claim that they believe they were in danger. They could be a paranoid schizophrenic. It has to be within reason.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:01 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
The State has proven that Zimmerman FIRST pursued Martin.

There will also be a jury instruction given to the jury by the Court that they are to consider the "totality of the evidence".....in other words, not just is it illegal to follow someone, etc., etc.
You first said that GZ cant start a fight and then just because he is losing claim justifiable self defense.
I agree. However.
I simply stated that the state has not put forth evidence that GZ started the physical fight.
Pursuing (Following) to keep an eye on TM until police arrived is not starting a fight.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:02 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,088,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Martin's past absolutely will not come in unless the prosecution somehow opens that door during their direct examination to one of their witnesses. Martin's mother's testimony will be the most risky in that regard. The Court has already ruled on that twice now......the first time, the ruling was no, Martin repuation information will NOT come in, and it was the same the second time she ruled no.

Zimmerman's records were not brought in in regard to Zimmerman's reputation but rather for impeachment of Zimmerman's statements that he didn't know anything about SYG law, which I believe he said during the Hannity interview.
But they are not claiming SYG applies, so how does that help the prosecution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies