Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 12:16 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,915,077 times

Advertisements

Pigs.....would it have been so hard to say "Sir, get your dog under control"??

It's not like he was a threat to flee, he already complied with them.

smh...cops are p***ies

Old 07-02-2013, 12:39 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
I never believed the rumors about how men are becoming more and more effeminate in our society today. Wellll, I'm starting to become a believer. Besides all that, it's not about what YOU would do! Don't you see the injustice !!??

I'm a female, I've been choked out, man handled, attacked by a stalker, and several dogs, and sparred with my fair share of BB's. My 14 yo is more of a man than you [MOD CUT]

Bunch of ******* ! Man up.

No compassion for those without a voice, the least among us ???
If the dog threatens me, then the dog dies. The end.

[a happy one]

Old 07-02-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
then you would fit nicely with the others...

the police didnt give him the opportuninty to kennel his dog. what law did he break that they needed to place him in cuffs right off the bat. they had not even asked him to explain himself.

typical...shoot first, then use reasoning later.
Irrelevant. The dog was shot because the officer was being attacked by the dog.

[the owner could have been a little old lady and it would have made no difference]

Old 07-02-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
the man they were arresting and the people watching were all agitated and unpredictable too. where the cops justified in open firing on all of these people? This is just a poor example of police work.
The people watching the police activity did not attack the officer.

[so shooting the people would not have been justified]

Old 07-02-2013, 12:54 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Pigs.....would it have been so hard to say "Sir, get your dog under control"??

It's not like he was a threat to flee, he already complied with them.

smh...cops are p***ies
Right. He obviously met them to just talk to them. They could have told him to leave the scene. No excuse for what they did decide to do. The cops made the wrong choice.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What music? I could clearly hear people talking while filming it but I couldn't hear any loud music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
There was no loud music in the video. And observing is not obstructing.

And I didn't see him "jump" out of a car.

These cops should be fired.
Witness accounts state otherwise. Even the dog owner acknowledged it.

Quote:
As some, including resident Gabriel Martinez, aimed their cellphones at the scene to record it, Rosby drove up in his rented black Mazda. Swain said Rosby stopped in the intersection with music blaring from his windows. Officers told him to turn down the music because they were trying to hear what was happening down the street. Rosby pulled forward, parked and got out with his dog, but left the music still playing loudly.

"It's distracting the officers," Swain said. "It's interfering with what they are able to hear. It's not just a party call. It's an armed robbery call. The officers need to hear what's going on with the people being called out of the residence. That music in his car is bleeding over and it's distracting them."

Martinez said the Usher song "Tell Me Again" was looping over and over. Rosby, who pulled out his own cellphone to record the police activity, did not lower the volume. "I do apologize if I didn't immediately comply. The music may have been a little loud but I was complying," Rosby said. "I said, 'Sir, I want to make sure nobody's civil rights were being violated.' "

A neighbor, who asked not to be identified, said the officers asked him to turn the music down, but he refused. Rosby, she said, responded, "It's my (expletive) radio!"

Read more: Hawthorne police kill dog during arrest of owner, video of shooting goes viral - The Daily Breeze

Old 07-02-2013, 01:01 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,090,073 times
I can't believe how many people support this irresponsible dog owner.

Preface: I'm aware it is legal to film officers.

However, there is a way to do this and not be a nuisance. And the guy did everything he could go garner the officers attention and create a scene, and he got it.

1. He could have parked his car and TURNED OFF the loud music. The officers were using a loudspeaker to communicate with the residents of the house. This should be obvious to someone with a minimum of half a brain.

2. He could have stood on the corner and filmed, but he had to keep walking around, walking near the squad cars etc.

3. Pointing straight at the officers. Please tell me whose "rights" he was protecting, and which he thought were going to be violated by officers standing on the other side of the street with no suspects around. Yeah so throw that argument out the window. One minute he could be pointing a phone/camera, the next it could be a gun. His stance doesn't look too far off. Unlikely I'm aware, but completely possible.

4. Locking his large dog up with the windows down. Unless he was born yesterday, how do you think the dog is going to just sit there?! Without a doubt I would have secured the dog with the windows mostly rolled up and complied with the officers. I almost feel like he wanted this to happen.

The man wanted to be a distraction and push his legal rights to the boundary. Any decent person would let the officers do their job and concentrate on the house in front of them, not distracting them for no reason. This guy had an agenda the whole time, and his dog paid the price.

And for the record, I'm not a fan of cops, and I love dogs, but there is a time to be fair and logical.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:11 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,073,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
It was a rottie, not a pit. Sheesh, no wonder this country is in trouble.
Same difference.

I never read about golden retrievers mauling kids to death.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:12 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
LOVE THIS
This is what a cop should be doing, protecting our rights. In essence, this airport public relations guy doesn't like these people handing out flyers to passengers informing them of choices in going thru the scanners, while videotaping it. PR guy demands they have a permit, or a million dollar insurance policy, and wants to see ID. He even tries to close this area to passengers. He is being a pain ita. The officer acts on their behalf, saying they are doing nothing wrong. Well done sir! You get our respect and appreciation.

Shock Video: Cop Protects First Amendment - YouTube

no animals were harmed during this filming.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:13 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,090,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
What ever happened to human brain power? All the cops had to do was step away from the suspect and the dog would have gone to the owner...the dog "lunging" is a false flag...If the dog was going to bite he would have bit immediately. My second daughter has a very large red Rottie Bull dog cross..The dog is just a big lumbering goof with such a loving disposition. If another dog is aggressive towards this dog...He ignores them. Sure he is big and scary but he is far from dangerous.
So if it's true for your dog, it's true for the whole right? All rotties are goofs. I suppose a google search of rottweiler guard dog, or rottweiler dog bites will show nothing right.

This is a large and potentially dangerous dog. The cops know nothing about the history of the dog, and it shouldn't be their gamble to take a chance with the dog or not. The owner should have secured the dog better, as most dogs are going to try to get to the owner in a situation like this. We have a large german shepehrd, also a goof and lovable dog, but I know when she is around people to have her on a leash as people are scared of big dogs and expect the worst, its common sense.

The cop should not have to get bitten due to the owners stupidity. If you think the dog owner was responsible, I'm done with this conversation, because he wasn't one bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies