Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 10:46 AM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,657,101 times

Advertisements

Gee...

Interesting how the typical neo-conservative arguments have not been used here:

"Why should law enforcement worry about having their activities filmed, if they have nothing to hide?"

"Law enforcement should have no expectation of privacy, when they're doing things on the street that are in plain sight"

Disclaimer: I am not a "liberal," nor am I black. I am simply a human being. I didn't see the dog's owner doing anything wrong. Poor guy is going to have to live with this the rest of his life.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:49 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Then you must not have watched the video.
Watched it twice. The guy never said a word. Maybe you should watch it and tell us what the "loudmouth" said.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:51 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
The dog was not complying with anything. It was attacking.

It was only attacking due to the ridiculously wrong actions of the cops. If they hadnt acted outside the bounds of their authority, the dog wouldnt have attacked.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:53 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,838,522 times
what angered them is when he asked the white cops why arnt there any black ones out there. thats when the whites turned around and started getting aggressive.

they also didnt like him filming.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:54 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Thank you for posting this. I watched it lastnight and find it very disturbing. Of course the dog was trying to help his owner, and appeared confused as to what to do. Perhaps the owner could have calmed him down by commands. What a horrible thing to happen, and completely unnecessary, in that he shouldn't have been arrested in the first place. Supreme court ruled that cops can be filmed and obviously should be at every opportunity. freakin pigs
If the cops had not arrested the dog owner, he could have calmed his dog down.

If it were not for other people filming these power crazy cops, they would have been able to lie their way out of this tragedy.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:54 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombocom View Post
Eh, pit bull - I don't blame the cops. Although, should have kept firing until it was dead, no need to drag it out.
[MOD CUT] - this is a rottweiler. The guy was not mouthing off, they assaulted him for no reason and left him helpless. These 2 cops should be off the job tomorrow.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-02-2013 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 07-02-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I did not need to see that...it was a disgrace.. The OWNER of the dog is a total idiot...The way he struts around irritating the cops- He provoked the whole incident. The guy was not very bright and the poor dog paid the price for his masters stupidity. I can tell by the way this dog moved it was good natured - I did not see the cops in any danger...this was not an attack dog..just a concerned animal...and for it to die so slowly - to watch it struggle in panic was deeply disturbing...Remember human beings when shot go through the same actions also. The frinking cops shoot animals for sport...and people sometimes.
He provoked nothing, he had every right to film what was going on. He kept a fair distance away. They came to him.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Hideous owner of a "bully" breed. I feel so horribly and intensely sorry for the dog. I wish it had been mine. I would never have subjected it to such danger. Proof that a dog will do anything for its owner. It deserved a better owner.
wrong. He did his best to protect his dog under the circumstances, and he was in a hurry to put him away. He couldn't have foreseen what was about to happen.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:04 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,757,054 times
That was disturbing and I cant even begin to explain my anger towards the officers involved.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSUBison View Post
The cops didn't shoot the dog because the owner was filming them, the title of this thread is misleading.
The cops shot the dog because it was loose and it was attacking them. It doesn't matter if the dog thought the cops were attacking its owner, it should not of been running loose period. The dog should of been properly restrained instead of in the position where it could get loose.
Hindsight is 20/20. Yes, they shot the dog because they were making an illegal arrest. Public street, he can film what he wants to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies