Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 06:33 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Oh, I don't know. I think deep down Sybrina knows it's not TM's voice ... I really can't go so far to say she's "lying". I just don't think she's accepted it yet.

Now, Tracey is outright lying. I'd like to say I can't blame him either - but on the other hand, his lies could contribute to another man going to jail (unjustifiably) for the rest of his life.
Really? Mother's always know the voice of their children!

Old 07-09-2013, 06:34 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Actually, I agree.

I just found it a little odd that you would specifically refer to Zimmerman being called "fat boy" in your first post on the subject but didn't mention all the nasty names and references to a dead teenager - such as a poster calling Trayvon's hoodie with the bullet hole the "Shroud of Trayvon" and other posters laughing about that.

Talk about immature and insensitive!

It goes on and on and if you were to go back and read through the many thousands of posts on this subject, and if you were honest in your assessment, you would see the name calling and vile references is much more prevalent coming from the Zimmerman supporters.

In fact, maybe I'll start keeping an informal tally on it (both sides) and I will DM you with the results.

I would be happy for both sides to stop it.
Quote:
*lol*

That's what I was thinking.

Probably headed to the closest McDonald's.
Quote:
No.....unfortunately.

Just saw him waddling out with (I think) two other, people leaving the courtroom.
I thought you wanted both sides to stop the name calling.

At the very least, I hope you put two hatch marks down on the side of the TM supporters.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:35 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
If any of this phone stuff is allowed, it means there is no justice. If past crimes and misdeeds of the defendant aren't allowed into evidence, how can they do this with the victim's damning email?

They're worried about Trayvon having a firearm. What difference does it make? He didn't have one on him, and he didn't shoot anyone.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:36 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
How can damning e-mails or pics on Trayvon's cell phone be entered into evidence, and George's cell phone wasn't searched, or his myspace page, which is still up and has some nasty sounding comments by him on it? Or George's domestic violence and police assault charges, which were documented, and not just text messages on a phone.
I agree.

Trayvon is not the one on trial here and opening up Trayvon's private conversations/texts should have no more bearing on this case than Zimmerman's private conversations/texts.

Who knows what Zimmerman may have been texting to people in the days or weeks leading up to his killing Trayvon? It seems his state of mind leading up to that night is just as relevant, if nor more so, than Trayvon's.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:36 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Quote:
If any of this phone stuff is allowed, it means there is no justice. If past crimes aren't allowed as evidence for the defendent, or e-mails by the defendent, how can e-mails that reflect badly on the victim be allowed into evidence?
What past crimes? Zimmermann's? or Trayvon's?

Old 07-09-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
If Tracey knows and is lying, I think it would be safe to say his ex-wife is doing the same. After all, they all met with the Mayor. I'm not buying their story. Especially when a few days later Al Sharpton showed up at a rally with all involved. It was pre-planned. Now they have to stick with the lie. No way out now.
I think she knows. But I also think everyone around her keeps telling her it's Trayvon's voice.

I definitely think that Trayvon caused his own demise - but he's still her (their) son. And I don't think she can face that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Really? Mother's always know the voice of their children!
Yep. Gladys Zimmerman knows it's George.

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I thought you wanted both sides to stop the name calling.

At the very least, I hope you put two hatch marks down on the side of the TM supporters.

Where did I call a name?

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
How can damning e-mails or pics on Trayvon's cell phone be entered into evidence, and George's cell phone wasn't searched, or his myspace page, which is still up and has some nasty sounding comments by him on it? Or George's domestic violence and police assault charges, which were documented, and not just text messages on a phone.
Are those hypothetical questions ? Nelson isn't admitting the cell phone stuff, is she

Old 07-09-2013, 06:38 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
I agree.

Trayvon is not the one on trial here and opening Trayvon's private conversations/texts should have no more bearing on this case than Zimmerman's private conversations/texts.

Who knows what Zimmerman may have been texting to people in the days or weeks leading up to his killing Trayvon? It seems his state of mind leading up to that night is just as relevant, if nor more so, than Trayvo's.
I know. Why aren't the lawyers having this hearing about e-mails on Zimmerman's phone?

Old 07-09-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Where did I call a name?
Don't play dumb, it's unbecoming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies