Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 05:19 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Referencing your own posts to prove you're in agreement with someone else ?

Old 07-09-2013, 05:19 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
After reading this today, he's going to walk.

"Earlier, a forensic expert testified Tuesday that Martin's gunshot wound indicated that he was likely on top of Zimmerman when the neighborhood watch volunteer shot him. Forensic pathologist Dr. Vincent DiMaio, an expert on gunshot wounds who has written and co-authored several articles and a book on the subject, said the single shot that killed the Florida teen passed through Martin's clothing as it hung 2-4 inches from his skin, indicating that Martin was over Zimmerman and leaning forward"
Geeorge Zimmerman's stupidity, irresponsibility and bad decision making was a catalyst that ended a teen's life. That should be considered recklessness and a manslaughter verdict does not seem extreme under the circumstaces.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:24 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
$100 says you have no idea if they're armed.

That's the whole point of CCW.

You probably stand in line with concealed weapon carriers every time you go to the grocery store.
I know they are told not to be. I live in Texas. You think I don't know that people carry guns? You think I have a problem with them? If so, you're incorrect. People need to be responsible. Looking for trouble is doing just the opposite.

What I do know for fact is that our neighborhood watch discourages carrying firearms or doing anything other than watching when on neighborhood watch. This goes for most neighborhood watch groups in this area. I know plenty of people who belong to the neighborhood watch and they leave their guns at home.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:24 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,066,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
No it's a reference to Gabourey Sidibe who played the character Precious in the movie Precious.
I can't comment since I've never seen the movie and have no idea what it's about, but I'm pretty sure it's a reference to the Duke case. Some people view this as Duke LaCrosse Part II -- a racially charged case where prosecutors are trying to railroad an innocent person. Hence, that's why I think the "Precious" reference refers to the Duke case, but I'm not familiar with that movie.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:28 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,477,620 times
I'm guessing that if blacks 'feel the need' to riot and steal, burn and cause destruction there will be some of them that will pay-the-price for their stupidity by being hurt or killed themselves. It's not going to take much of a threat for people to shoot those idiots. In Texas you can even you can protect your neighbor's property by using deadly force.

Last edited by highcotton; 07-09-2013 at 06:18 PM..

Old 07-09-2013, 05:28 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Funny that you say that. My 8 year old niece commented that GZ looks like a grown up Cabbage Patch Doll
LOL, she's right!

Old 07-09-2013, 05:29 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,066,822 times
Quote:
Geeorge Zimmerman's stupidity, irresponsibility and bad decision making was a catalyst that ended a teen's life. That should be considered recklessness and a manslaughter verdict does not seem extreme under the circumstaces.
To hear you tell it, the Teen contributed nothing to the outcome.

What about the Teen's decision making to search for Zimmerman rather than enter the safety of the house?

What about the Teen's decision to jump Zimmerman, punch him in the nose, and drag him to the ground?

What about the Teen's decision to straddle and punch Zimmerman "MMA style" and to bang his head into the concrete?

To hear you tell it, we could argue that rape victims are guilty of stupidity, irresponsibility, and bad decision making. "If she hadn't been walking alone at night...If she hadn't been wearing a dress..."

Old 07-09-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Why do some people on here....feel like they need to call people "fat boy". Pretty immature and offensive. Are you yourself so hot?
Thought I'd give 'Porky Pig' a rest.

Many people are calling Trayvon names; just thought I'd stoop to their level a couple of times. See how they like it.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:30 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
I can't comment since I've never seen the movie and have no idea what it's about, but I'm pretty sure it's a reference to the Duke case. Some people view this as Duke LaCrosse Part II -- a racially charged case where prosecutors are trying to railroad an innocent person. Hence, that's why I think the "Precious" reference refers to the Duke case, but I'm not familiar with that movie.
I know about the case. Google Rachel Jeantel and Precious and you'll see some pics of Gabourey Sidibe. They also said on the news that's who Frank Taffey was referring to and people on this forum mentioned her too.

Last edited by Factsplease; 07-09-2013 at 05:44 PM..

Old 07-09-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It makes them feel better about their own bigotted little lives to call someone else perojatives. No different than calling someone racist terms. It shows their maturity level and prejudices, nothing more.
No, just trying to counter the use of 'Tray Tray', thug, 'chawing', etc. I learned it all from the zimbots! They gave plenty of examples of how to employ derogatory terms (or, to use your word, perojatives).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies