Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 09:23 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You really think good kids are suspended from school 3 times within 3-4 months ?

He may have been good at one time but he was turning into a delinquent as he got older.

Is this an inference that kids who may be suspended for truancy or tardiness are doomed to be criminals? Seriously? What a load of fertilizer. None of you manly men ever had a rough patch growing up, right? Utter hypocrisy, and holding others to a higher standard because they're different.

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
So you're saying the two writers who wrote that article just made up quotes from Martin's teachers, etc.? Quotes like:

"Trayvon was not a violent or dangerous child. He was not known for misbehaving," Michelle Kypriss said. "He was suspended because he was late too many times."

"His uncle said Trayvon was still a typical kid who loved sports, music and was just feeling the first flush of youth. 'He was trying to start driving. He was just finding out about girls.'"

His teacher "described Trayvon, a junior, as an A and B student who majored in cheerfulness."

Trayvon Martin Shooting: Tensions rise in wake of Trayvon Martin shooting - Orlando Sentinel

Nope. I'm saying that a good publicist can do wonders for an image.

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
And you know that how? Clairvoyance? Having a gun at the least allowed his to stop a vicious assault, and may in fact have kept him alive.
If he would have kept his stupid self in his truck none of this would have happened. If he didn't have a gun he would have never got out of the truck.

3,216 posts, read 2,086,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
That's what the defense wants you to think.

He wasn't such a wimp that he didn't assault a police officer, and his ex-fiance.

Does a wimp take MMA classes? He could have taken cycling classes, no he picked fighting.
Apparently according to his trainer, he took up hitting a punching bag. He never had an MMA fight.

BTW.... Real men don't take cycling classes.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:24 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Of course it is- He is saying _ I am President - I am black- someone killed a black kid- that kid is innocent and was unlawfully killed....Of course this statement encourages black people to rally against supposed white oppression...Obama was being a trouble maker.
Wow, you got all that out of, "If I had a son he would look like Trayvon."

Old 07-10-2013, 09:25 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Is this an inference that kids who may be suspended for truancy or tardiness are doomed to be criminals? Seriously? What a load of fertilizer. None of you manly men ever had a rough patch growing up, right? Utter hypocrisy, and holding others to a higher standard because they're different.
I was never suspended from school, nor did I ever attack anyone. Did you?

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
The saddest part of this case, for those not directly involved anyway, is the continued insistence that people have nowadays to judge virtually everything in political overtones. Note, I did Not say Racial overtones, that's symptomatic of racial overtones. Most of us know full well what the problems are in this country as it relates to race and culture. Everyone has their particular prejudice when it comes to either, or both. What many don't see is how their prejudice comes out without their knowing about it.

You can always tell the Lilly white liberal, just as you can tell the ultra conservative. Trouble is, you can't Tell either of them much. But it's pretty easy to identify them. In this case, we have everyone from guns rights advocates to black advocates to black haters. The trouble is, there's a little truth in all of their various ideologies, bigotries, and even fear.

All of these folks have conspired to make life a living hell for those people of color that attempt to succeed, and/or Do succeed. One side attempts to rig the game in their favor, and constantly apologizes for them if it turns out bad. The other side would sooner have them all go away.

What we have in this case is a community that experienced crime during the recession. It's sad, but truthful, to point out the profile of those people that perpetrated these crimes. Some think this is unfair. I do not. However, we don't even have to dig that deeply into this case to understand that this case isn't about profiling, nor is it about race. This case should be about what happened that night. While we will probably never know the full story, it's fairly obvious to all that George Zimmerman didn't track down Trayvon Martin and shoot him because he could.

I'm not prepared to convict anyone without the proper evidence to do so. I don't give Trayvon extra credit for being black, and I don't give anyone demerits for being white or purple or green. I'm sure in this case, many of Trayvon's issues can be directly traced to his parent's divorce, not his race. His support team wasn't very deep from what I saw.

Now let's get to George. Not a man to idolize, nor have contempt for. I think he lied about many things, but I'm not at all convinced he started this. Many that are always have to mention Trayvon was black. That's weak, and it's a disgrace. I know all about the fringe groups surrounding this case, trust me on this. I'm not very sympathetic to George either. But the prejudice and inequality from the left on issues of race is making me sick. If white people still feel the need to ignore justice and common sense in the name of race, then they deserve the race baiters and instigators that take advantage of them. And they certainly do that.

I'd rather associate with a group of people that may not like me at all, rather than a group that pities me and thinks I need a boost. Zimmerman needs to be acquitted of all charges in this case. The people of the United States need to either grow up, or at least acknowledge to themselves, that they are enslaved by their own prejudices. This includes all people of all political persuasions and races. You can't convict a Feeling or a Thought. If the evidence isn't enough to convict a man, what difference does it make what color either is?

In many ways, we really haven't come very far. Ironically, it's those that are purporting to help that hurt the most.

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Yah that judge sure is an ugly one- as they say beauty is skin deep and ugliness is all the way through. I really don't like her tone...She is supposed to be a progressive yet she was being a "bully" and attempting to force Zimmerman to cut his own throat. Zimmerman has the right only to speak through his lawyer...YET this judge was ignoring his representative and expecting to extort something verbal out of Zimmerman- she struck me as being a bit of a pig...and overly authoritarian. She seemed to enjoy humiliating the lawyers because they are males...feminist eccentric jerk of a judge.

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
You edited after I posted so I'll address the new things you added ...

I'm determined that there is a more balanced version of Trayvon. When you post that he was a sun shiney cherub just waiting with his #2 pencils to take the SAT ... I'll counter w/ the fact that he was suspended three times.

See how that works?
It's not at odds for someone who was suspended for lateness, marijuana residue in a baggie (do you realize how many kids, including all kinds of white middle-class kids,college students, and adults smoke weed?), and wrote W.T.F. on a locker, not the words, the abbreviation is what he wrote.

These are not major infractions, by any stretch of the imagination, nor do they indicate any violent or aggressive behavior, that's the important thing.

And yet Zimmerman had actual charges for assault, domestic violence, had to take court-mandated Anger Management classes, had very poor grades, and you don't call him a thug. Why not?

Do you not see? THIS is what is so racist about this. Young black male with a hoodie---must be a thug. Young black male who wrote on a locker---must be a thug. Young black male suspended three times from school---must be a thug. Young black male who had been in some fights with other kids---must be a thug.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:26 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
If he would have kept his stupid self in his truck none of this would have happened. If he didn't have a gun he would have never got out of the truck.
He was motivated to report the whereabouts of TM to the police when they arrived. He didn't expect a fight so I believe he still would have gotten out of the car to search for TM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies