Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 09:34 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Being suspended three times by February in a school year is a MAJOR PROBLEM. I'm sure if it was your kid you would think it was a major problem ... but you cut TM slack for some reason. Why?

It was dualing restraining orders for domestic violence - and both were dropped by the way.

Anyway, no I wouldn't call George Zimmerman a thug. I believe TM jumped him and beat the crap out of him ... the beating is obvious. Trayvon was the aggressor .. not GZ.
THEY WERE NOT DROPPED. I have posted links to the actual police documents time and time again, and you people keep stating that. I mean, can't you read a police report? Do you never click on a link? Do you not want to learn the truth, the facts?

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
like i said before, this all boils down to race and ideology.

you will not find a white conservative who will back martin.

you will not find a black liberal who will back zimmerman.

i think the white conservative angle is much more sinister though. i think most are glad that zimmerman killed martin.
Quoted for truth

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Maybe if Trayon's best friend would have written a book about him that would have been better, more acceptable to you. Why is it okay for Zimmerman and his friends to put their best image "out there" but it's not okay for the Martin family to do the same? If we can't trust the good things being said about Trayon in the articles because a publicist was hired by the family, then we have to discount every good thing being said about Zimmerman as well by his friends and family.

The best image wasn't out there for GZ in the beginning - he was labeled a racist. And actually still is, even in this thread - even though the FBI found no basis foor it.

But from the very moment this made national news, TM was made out to be a 12 year old boy - complete with pictures to prove it.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:35 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Being suspended three times by February in a school year is a MAJOR PROBLEM. I'm sure if it was your kid you would think it was a major problem ... but you cut TM slack for some reason. Why?

It was dualing restraining orders for domestic violence - and both were dropped by the way.

Anyway, no I wouldn't call George Zimmerman a thug. I believe TM jumped him and beat the crap out of him ... the beating is obvious. Trayvon was the aggressor .. not GZ.

zimmerman did not get the crap beat out of him. he had a few cuts and was punched in the face.
the slight injuries does not prove martin was the aggressor only that he got in a few punches before he was shot in the heart and killed

Old 07-10-2013, 09:36 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Show me one teenage boy who hasn't texted and talked like that with his male friends.
My gay son did not text about girls, P*** and so on

Old 07-10-2013, 09:36 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Why not? It was dark. And 3 feet is plenty high enough to hide behind.
If he was standing I am sure that Zimmerman could have seen him. Why do you think he brought the flashlight?

Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
THEY WERE NOT DROPPED. I have posted links to the actual police documents time and time again, and you people keep stating that. I mean, can't you read a police report? Do you never click on a link? Do you not want to learn the truth, the facts?
These folks will NEVER acknowledge actual documented proof (in the form of police records and court records) of George Zimmerman's arrests for violence. They would rather make up a fantasy juvie record for Trayvon that does not exist because otherwise they can not justify their support of GZ.

To acknowledge that George Zimmerman was arrested 3 times for violent offenses is to acknowledge that GZ has the most compelling history of violence and aggression....and most likely was the aggressor against TM.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
zimmerman did not get the crap beat out of him. he had a few cuts and was punched in the face.
the slight injuries does not prove martin was the aggressor only that he got in a few punches before he was shot in the heart and killed
Heck, today even the state agreed that Trayvon Martin was on top of Zimmerman.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:39 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
like i said before, this all boils down to race and ideology.
How about REAL RACE?

Trayvon had good REASON to believe he would not get fair treatment by calling the police.

He was scared and called his comfort girl.

Many white people are afraid to call the police today.

The whole system is Fk'd!

The lawyers comprising the legal system are bigger blood suckers than doctors ever dreamed of being.

It is all primitive tribalism.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:39 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Maybe if Trayon's best friend would have written a book about him that would have been better, more acceptable to you. Why is it okay for Zimmerman and his friends to put their best image "out there" but it's not okay for the Martin family to do the same? If we can't trust the good things being said about Trayon in the articles because a publicist was hired by the family, then we have to discount every good thing being said about Zimmerman as well by his friends and family.
Especially when Trayvon's accomplishments and good nature have been attested to by teachers of his, people he worked for, relatives, and even a white supremicist hacker who while trying to smear him discovered an e-mail account full of requests about applying to different colleges and SATs. And who says he had to be perfect anyway? Let's say he had been failing several courses, like Zimmerman did, would that have made any difference for this trial?

He didn't fail any courses, like Zimmerman did. He didn't assault anyone, like Zimmerman did. He didn't shoot anyone to death, like Zimmerman did. But Trayvons the "thug"---why? because he's a young black male.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies