Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 11:18 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,091,016 times

Advertisements

There should be one instruction in any jury trial where lesser charges are allowed.

"If the jury finds that the primary charge brought by the prosecution is totally without merit, it is within their power to throw out all the lesser charges in the form of jury nullification."

Old 07-11-2013, 11:19 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,915,077 times
This judge is scum...pure bottom feeder.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:19 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,589 times
Jury instruction for FL Manslaughter.

Law of Self Defense – FLJI 7.7 Manslaughter

Old 07-11-2013, 11:21 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
My mistake, I thought I heard 720 ft. You would think I would have known... I actually walked that dog path....

Honestly, you might be if you actually know the area. I had seen multiple maps/sat views with distances on them. Doesn't mean they are accurate or correct. If you happen to go there again, how about pacing off the actual distances? I'm learning you can't trust much of what is shown on "news" programs.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:24 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
One of the witnesses stated that the flashlight was harmless. He, initially, thought it was one of the more sturdy metal flashlights. So, the flashlight is irrelevant.
You want me to play back the recording, where the expert admitted that it was made out of steel?

Don't make me half to do that!

Old 07-11-2013, 11:24 AM

370 posts, read 247,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
redneck |ˈredˌnek|

noun informal derogatory

a working-class white person, esp. a politically reactionary one from a rural area : rednecks in the high, cheap seats stomped their feet and hooted | [as adj. ] a place of redneck biases.

I see...another anti white racial slur...

Old 07-11-2013, 11:25 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
You libs are a sad excuse for beings. What the hell does that have to do with anything? What does it prove or disprove. OH MY GOSH HE HAD A FLASHLIGHT AND IT DIDNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE MUSTVE BEATEN MARTIN WITH IT OR THREATENED HIM WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!

You cant admit you dont have a case, never had a case, so you keep spouting of garbage that means nothing.

It actually came out on the NEN call and testimony of the dispatcher. You can hear him beating or slapping on the flashlight, much like anyone that has one that quit working, while on the phone with dispatch. The dispatcher was questioned about it. Who hasn't done the same thing with a cheap, POS flashlight? And who hasn't had one work, then quit, then work after a little "attention"? So, he "didn't know it didn't work"; he was trying to get it working some 2 minutes before Martin attacked him.

But heck, that doesn't fit the agenda of some on here.

3,216 posts, read 2,086,755 times
Why was the state arguing that the gun could not be accessed with TM straddling GZ.... apparently he could and did.
If they are suggesting he had the gun out already when they met there would never have been a fight. Who doesn't back off when they see a gun when they are standing? The fight would never have gone to the ground. Tm would have been shot from the standing position if he tried to hit GZ. Do you think GZ would have taken a wooping for long without shooting sooner. We all heard how long the struggle was.
GZ would not have pulled the gun while initially meeting TM. That would have been assault with a deadly weapon, and when the police arrived he would have gone to jail. He wasn't holding the gun in one hand and talking to the police with the other and holding the flashlight in his teeth. That's ridiculous.

5,251 posts, read 14,257,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
You want me to play back the recording, where the expert admitted that it was made out of steel?

Don't make me half to do that!
Can you whole do it

Old 07-11-2013, 11:27 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Obviously not you. Just admit, you dont give a damn about the law. Because that is what you and the other few dolts on here have been doing the whole time. You dont care about the law, you just want him guilty of something, anything just because. Not based on evidence or the trial, based on your preconceived notion about Zimmerman youve had from day one.
Jury nullification is a double-edged sword.

The ex-purt is guilty of omission.

It is perfectly legal for the jury to nullify defendant's lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies