Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 09:39 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,731 times

Advertisements

zimmerman will kill again when he gets off.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:40 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
The saddest part of this case, for those not directly involved anyway, is the continued insistence that people have nowadays to judge virtually everything in political overtones. Note, I did Not say Racial overtones, that's symptomatic of racial overtones. Most of us know full well what the problems are in this country as it relates to race and culture. Everyone has their particular prejudice when it comes to either, or both. What many don't see is how their prejudice comes out without their knowing about it.

You can always tell the Lilly white liberal, just as you can tell the ultra conservative. Trouble is, you can't Tell either of them much. But it's pretty easy to identify them. In this case, we have everyone from guns rights advocates to black advocates to black haters. The trouble is, there's a little truth in all of their various ideologies, bigotries, and even fear.

All of these folks have conspired to make life a living hell for those people of color that attempt to succeed, and/or Do succeed. One side attempts to rig the game in their favor, and constantly apologizes for them if it turns out bad. The other side would sooner have them all go away.

What we have in this case is a community that experienced crime during the recession. It's sad, but truthful, to point out the profile of those people that perpetrated these crimes. Some think this is unfair. I do not. However, we don't even have to dig that deeply into this case to understand that this case isn't about profiling, nor is it about race. This case should be about what happened that night. While we will probably never know the full story, it's fairly obvious to all that George Zimmerman didn't track down Trayvon Martin and shoot him because he could.

I'm not prepared to convict anyone without the proper evidence to do so. I don't give Trayvon extra credit for being black, and I don't give anyone demerits for being white or purple or green. I'm sure in this case, many of Trayvon's issues can be directly traced to his parent's divorce, not his race. His support team wasn't very deep from what I saw.

Now let's get to George. Not a man to idolize, nor have contempt for. I think he lied about many things, but I'm not at all convinced he started this. Many that are always have to mention Trayvon was black. That's weak, and it's a disgrace. I know all about the fringe groups surrounding this case, trust me on this. I'm not very sympathetic to George either. But the prejudice and inequality from the left on issues of race is making me sick. If white people still feel the need to ignore justice and common sense in the name of race, then they deserve the race baiters and instigators that take advantage of them. And they certainly do that.

I'd rather associate with a group of people that may not like me at all, rather than a group that pities me and thinks I need a boost. Zimmerman needs to be acquitted of all charges in this case. The people of the United States need to either grow up, or at least acknowledge to themselves, that they are enslaved by their own prejudices. This includes all people of all political persuasions and races. You can't convict a Feeling or a Thought. If the evidence isn't enough to convict a man, what difference does it make what color either is?

In many ways, we really haven't come very far. Ironically, it's those that are purporting to help that hurt the most.
I know the trial itself should not be about race. However the charges were brought forth after Al Sharpton and his gang showed up here and helped organize the predominately black demonstrations that became very political. Those pressures led to these charges against GZ even though the investigators found no wrong doing after six interviews, a video walk through and a lie detector test..... All with no lawyer.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
How about REAL RACE?

Trayvon had good REASON to believe he would not get fair treatment by calling the police.

He was scared and called his comfort girl.

Many white people are afraid to call the police today.

The whole system is Fk'd!
I don't blame them.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:42 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Heck, today even the state agreed that Trayvon Martin was on top of Zimmerman.
Yes they did. Even talked about him beating on GZ.

Trying to make excuses for what the evidence shows.

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
zimmerman will kill again when he gets off.
Quoted for truth once again...but that will only be of concern if the victim is...melanin challenged.

17,373 posts, read 14,622,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Especially when Trayvon's accomplishments and good nature have been attested to by teachers of his, people he worked for, relatives, and even a white supremicist hacker who while trying to smear him discovered an e-mail account full of requests about applying to different colleges and SATs. And who says he had to be perfect anyway? Let's say he had been failing several courses, like Zimmerman did, would that have made any difference for this trial?

He didn't fail any courses, like Zimmerman did. He didn't assault anyone, like Zimmerman did. He didn't shoot anyone to death, like Zimmerman did. But Trayvons the "thug"---why? because he's a young black male.
Quit it. It has absolutely nothing to do with him being black - at least as far as I'm concerned.

And btw, all those emails ... they're called spam. Every junior ... no matter how often they're actually AT school, get them.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:43 PM

18,387 posts, read 19,012,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yes they did. Even talked about him beating on GZ.

Trying to make excuses for what the evidence shows.
again being on top does not mean he started the assault, it only means he was on top for a time. it proves nothing

Old 07-10-2013, 09:44 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I was never suspended from school, nor did I ever attack anyone. Did you?
I was suspended from school twice. Once in 9th grade for being the lookout while a classmate riflied through other backpacks in gym class and once in 11th grade involving a fight. At 17 I was a A-B student and in a ton of clubs. Always knew I was gonna go to college. Went to church every Sunday. Was respectful to my mom & other adults. Babysat. Had a job working at an elementary school. Volunteered at the nursing home.

But I sent my boyfriend x rated letters (I graduated before text messaging was the norm). Fooled aroud in the back seats of cars. I skipped classes and hung out in the band room. Drank wine coolers at the block parties. Cussed like a sailor when no adults were around. Smoked cigarettes behind the gym. Was a horrid verbal bully in certain circles because I knew no one would be bold enough to hit me. Stole food from the cafeteria. Talked slick to strangers, especially those I perceived to be minimum waged.

Was I a thug? Did I deserve to be shot? Was I a good kid? Good student? Was I a rude lil bih? Depends on who you ask. At the time I had no idea who I was...my personality just migrated from one situation to the next depending on how peopl

e expected me to act. I suspect most of my friends were the same way. The Nat I was with my friends was not the Nat I was at home and the Nat I was at home was not the Nat I was at church. A lot of the things I went along with were just done because that's what I was *supposed* to do. I actually hated a lot of things I did but it was part of my rep to be the loud talking smart mouthed girl that made everybody laugh so I played my role.

I envy all of you who went straight from diapers to adulthood.

All this info about who Martin was is really irrelevant. I don't know what anyone hopes to gain by proving the kid had bad grades....since when did having bad grades warrant being shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I know the trial itself should not be about race. However the charges were brought forth after Al Sharpton and his gang showed up here and helped organize the predominately black demonstrations that became very political. Those pressures led to these charges against GZ even though the investigators found no wrong doing after six interviews, a video walk through and a lie detector test..... All with no lawyer.
the reason why its about race is because they wouldve never let a black man go roam free for 40 days if he killed a white guy under the same circumstances. he wouldve been arrested immediately.

3,846 posts, read 2,383,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Heck, today even the state agreed that Trayvon Martin was on top of Zimmerman.
Yeah, but did they tell you it was self-defense?

What would scare you more, being followed at night by a black youth, or a creep?

And remember, blacks cannot be creeps, as they don't have the empowerment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies