Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 05:37 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Look, there is no way Zimmerman is getting convicted of anything. I don't even know why in the hell we are even arguing about it. I don't know of any reputable news outlet who really believes he is going to be convicted. The prosecution isn't even calling any more witnesses.

We can sit around moaning about whether or not Zimmerman should be following people while carrying a gun. And you can try to push new laws. But Zimmerman is simply not going to be convicted. Get it through your heads. Because everyone else is laughing at your stupidity.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
"Precious" is a reference to the Duke LaCrosse Rape Hoax where the woman who falsely accused the victims of rape had previously worked as a prostitute/exotic dancer using the name "Precious". (Coincidentally, I think she ended up in jail for some other crimes.)
Uhhhhh.............no, that's not why people call DeeDee "Precious".

Old 07-09-2013, 05:40 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Why isn't the prosecution pointing out that the simulation only reflects witnesses who testified to the defense version of things, not other's like Rachel Jeantels.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I think she said that what Mr. West said was retarded. Not that he was. Maybe someone can clarify that.
OK, it's a fine point. She said, "that's retarded. Sir."

Old 07-09-2013, 05:44 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,066,822 times
OK. I guess I'm wrong about the "Precious" nickname.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:45 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
To hear you tell it, the Teen contributed nothing to the outcome.

What about the Teen's decision making to search for Zimmerman rather than enter the safety of the house?

What about the Teen's decision to jump Zimmerman, punch him in the nose, and drag him to the ground?

What about the Teen's decision to straddle and punch Zimmerman "MMA style" and to bang his head into the concrete?

To hear you tell it, we could argue that rape victims are guilty of stupidity, irresponsibility, and bad decision making. "If she hadn't been walking alone at night...If she hadn't been wearing a dress..."

You have nothing but George Zimmerman's different versions of the story...which one is your basis of knowledge about this trial? Did Trayvon circle Zimmerman's car or not? What's your reasoning in terms of Zimmerman never identifying himself as a NW person? Who was the one taking grappling lessons? Who was taking a mixture of Adderall (an amphetamine) and temazepam (a benzoduazapine) ? Why would a rational person believe a proven liar?

Old 07-09-2013, 05:45 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Republic of Michigan View Post
Will there be a riot if the verdict is not-guilty?
I'm sure the hotels are filling up with people from all over the country who want to get a chance to defend themselves; who HOPE there will be rioting. Their tongues are probably hanging out and they're salivating just thinking about it.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:47 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I know about the case. Google racial Jeantel and Precious and you'll see some pics of Gabourey Sidibe.
Little Freudian slip?

Old 07-09-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
I can't comment since I've never seen the movie and have no idea what it's about, but I'm pretty sure it's a reference to the Duke case. Some people view this as Duke LaCrosse Part II -- a racially charged case where prosecutors are trying to railroad an innocent person. Hence, that's why I think the "Precious" reference refers to the Duke case, but I'm not familiar with that movie.
Trust us. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the Duke case. Nothing. Dada. Zilch. ZERO.

I haven't seen the movie, either, but it's not rocket science.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:48 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
They most likely won't have to worry about it since they call the police and wait for them to get there, rather than following people around with locked and loaded guns. I've been in a fight before. I fought back without having to kill someone. Unless a person is looking to attack someone or feels threatened, they aren't going to attack.

Trayvon was not looking to attack anyone. It's best not to do things to people that make them feel threatened, like stay in your vehicle and wait for the police. If I have to, I will defend myself but I'm not going to orchestrate a situation in which my life is at risk. We can go back and forth all day. I will never see Zimmerman as a good guy or an upstanding citizen. His stupidity caused a lot if trouble and the death of a boy who was doing nothing but walking back from 7-11.
You didnt answer the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies